New NG mould coming soon?

Mark22

NG posted on Facebook that a pair of classic moulds is coming soon. Rear engines and most likely a narrowbody. Will this be the MD-80s? Or something completely new like 717s, 727s or Fokkers?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240416_135418_com.facebook.lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20240416_135418_com.facebook.lite.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 17
Perhaps it's the final samples of the 744/742? Not sure what else I'd like to see, because I unfortunately doubt that most classics would get the usage they deserve.

A sample of the MD-80 was shown at the Amsterdam Fair last September, so it wouldn't be a surprise. I'm also not expecting them to work on even more new moulds for a while.

As much as I'd love to see NG surprise us with an F-28, this will be the 80 series.
That being said, very excited to see what releases roll out first.

I hope they release Delta MD88 and 717 in the current colors.
GJ already did those. I wouldn't mind having more, but the Ron Allen scheme is a higher priority for me since it's the last one that hasn't been done yet; GJ just announced Colors in Motion as a future release.

I want to see a DC-9-10 next since no one has done a decent representation of it at all in 1:400!

Good to see NG finally getting the MD-80 underway. Hopefully this will help speed up the process of me buying all the Mad Dogs I want, especially since GJ is on a good Mad Dog streak right now.
Northwest, Republic, Continental, and the early AA variants would be especially welcome...

And I believe Ozark had a few also right at the end.

I’m hoping for Swissair in that iconic chocolate stripe, Alitalia in 80s colours, Alisarda, and SAS.

Certainly much needed for my Malta 1985 diorama.
By contrast, Indianapolis in 1985 was still dominated by 727s and older DC-9 variants. As of February 1985, there were only two MD-80 flights at IND... TW 123 LGA-IND-STL, and TW 414 going in the opposite direction.

Would love to see all sorts of Deltas! I wonder if they’ll ever attempt to make 717s, or all sorts of DC-9s. That’ll be a hit!
A 717 in the original AirTran scheme (WITHOUT the Elton John stickers!) or the Indianapolis Colts special scheme would be wonderful.

Northwest, Republic, Continental, and the early AA variants would be especially welcome...

And I believe Ozark had a few also right at the end.
I have them all on my Mad Dog wishlist. You’re correct on Ozark, I think they had a few unfulfilled ones also that TWA took.

It's just going to be the MD-80s. They did exactly the same thing with the A330neos a few days back.

NG never officially announced the new moulds they gave me samples for
Yeah definitely the mad dog. They even said on wechat that "you can see its shadow on a Chinese airliner (meaning the ARJ21)."

If NG doesn't pull a fast one on us, then there's one livery I think we're all looking forward to seeing: 1713311108888.png

GJ already did those. I wouldn't mind having more, but the Ron Allen scheme is a higher priority for me since it's the last one that hasn't been done yet; GJ just announced Colors in Motion as a future release.

I want to see a DC-9-10 next since no one has done a decent representation of it at all in 1:400!
GJ made it on an older mould. I hope you enjoy your model but please don’t just think about yourself and your models. Let other people on this forum share what they want even if the models was already made years ago (and i’m not the only one who want a new Delta MD88 on a new mould).