Any new moulds?

I'd still like to see a new 727-100 and 727-200 mould sometime...hopefully by NG. It may be a few years, but one can always hope.

Honestly, I’d really just like a 747 classic mould of NG quality, and I don’t really care how long it takes. I’ll wait.

Aside from that, I would like to see a new, definitive, 767 mould that covers all variants and engine options. Nearly all of the existing moulds are good, but they all also could be improved.

Additionally, I would really like a new A300 mould. Don’t get me wrong, the Aeroclassics version is excellent, but it is very outdated.

Other aircraft that need a new mould:

- Boeing 727-200/100
- Boeing 707-100/120
- DC-9-10
- Concorde

It is definitely interesting to see what the future holds. Of course, we all would like to see a new line of virtually every mold older than 10 years. I personally would be happy with the 741/2/3/4, 762 (I'm actually very satisfied with my 763s), 727-100/200, and MD-80. Maybe a DC-10 and a 737-200... And of course, we all hope that NG, with their reputation for superb quality and detail (most of the time... they are far from perfect), and their willingness to listen and respond to the collectorate (though no one will ever be able to please everyone), will be the brand in charge to do so. But I think it is unrealistic to hope that they will make every mold we want, and essentially become the sole 1:400 supplier. Honestly, I am hoping that AK/AC will get their act together once and for all and shine again.

Sadly I'm still drawing blank on a response. It's odd they have been consistently replying to virtually every other email that I sent but not this one. Maybe they just don't have anything new that they can show us? I hope that's not the case...

Speaking of quality over quantity, I've recently received an NG 777 and while nothing too concerning, I find that the mould quality just isn't as good as their older offerings (737, 757, A330, etc). Don't get me wrong, it's still a great model, but if their standards are to be as high as they used to be, these folks have a lot of fixing to do on these moulds.
Great comparison photos! It is a good mould, but not the best. Along with your astute citings, that APU is the deal breaker for me. Such an obvious oversight, not sure why they haven't corrected it.

Great comparison photos! It is a good mould, but not the best. Along with your astute citings, that APU is the deal breaker for me. Such an obvious oversight, not sure why they haven't corrected it.
NG 777 nose section and cockpit windows in particular have gotten a lot of criticism since the beginning. Not horrible, but certainly a weir look. Too small and not what one would call NG quality. I’m okay with the current 777 offerings in 1:400 though.

And in my opinion, NG should try their absolute best to make it perfect! It's a stunning aircraft, and modern types print money whether you like it or not. The significance of regs like N863GT and HL7644 can't be understated as well. On a more personal note, I'd sell my entire collection for a KE 748 by NG.
No i meant that ince they make it theu shouldn't make only that 747 for over a year.
What meant is that they should do some of the more important ones and than focus on the classic 747

I'd love to see a Caravelle 10B - the current Aeroclassics mould approximates the early shorter fuselage and early engine types used on the Caravelle III

The one mould I'm amazed NG has NOT done yet is the MD-80.
Not only is there no good mould available while there's plenty of stuff to be done. The MD-80 was not only popular in NG's home market but even manufactured there. So why not?

My wishlist remains this way, I only have hope for the first two:
- 747Classics
- 727-200
- 707-120/120B
- 707-320/420
- DC-9-10

Seeing retailers inventory is rather discouraging here. I see NG's Tu-154 (among other classics) being offered at discounts while 787, MAX and Neos fly of their shelfs in no time.

I generally don't care about classics, but some aircraft that straddle the line like the A300 would be nice. Contemporary classics, if you will. 747 Classics and the -400 go without saying, they're second on my wishlist after the -8. A340 would be another good choice. Lots of nice Cathays and Singapores to be made.

Attachments

• Singapore_Airlines_Airbus_A300_Green-1.jpg
    Singapore_Airlines_Airbus_A300_Green-1.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 3
  • Airbus_A340-541,_Singapore_Airlines_JP7538578.jpg
    Airbus_A340-541,_Singapore_Airlines_JP7538578.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Cathay_Pacific_Boeing_747-300_Rees-1.jpg
    Cathay_Pacific_Boeing_747-300_Rees-1.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 4
Gemini/JC created the A220 rather recently and delivered an average product. Parcelarle detail like the nose gear and cockpit windows. If they’re to ‘revise’ their molds for half baked products they are better just sitting on their hands.

But if they can develop new, excellent quality models in die cast and print, then I wish them the best. I’m my opinion, while their competition are developing into the modern airliners. They should push for the DC/MD types, particularly the DC-10/MD-11 and DC-9/MD80/MD90 families. A300/310 family could work as well. They should also develop the first E2s, 190 and 195.

Classic airliners is something they should also push for.

Where Gemini excels as well is in their MACS series. And there are types they should be able to easily develop. Like KC-10 and KC-767/KC-47. They could develop this easily of the molds they have and yet nothing. For dedicated molds the B-2, the C-27, C-295, and the C-141 are some they should work on next.

I would also like someone like Panda, do the Saab 2000, or the C-395

Last edited:
I feel like people neglect to mention that the 737 classics are very poorly represented. most of the models are from Geminijets or Dragon, (Aeroclassics for the -300).

Honestly, I’d really just like a 747 classic mould of NG quality, and I don’t really care how long it takes. I’ll wait.

Aside from that, I would like to see a new, definitive, 767 mould that covers all variants and engine options. Nearly all of the existing moulds are good, but they all also could be improved.

Additionally, I would really like a new A300 mould. Don’t get me wrong, the Aeroclassics version is excellent, but it is very outdated.

Other aircraft that need a new mould:

- Boeing 727-200/100
- Boeing 707-100/120
- DC-9-10
- Concorde
I hope to see NG make a classic 747 in less than a year.
Other wise it would be too late

No i meant that ince they make it theu shouldn't make only that 747 for over a year.
What meant is that they should do some of the more important ones and than focus on the classic 747
There is a whole lot of different collectors out there and the 748 is an important mould for some of them including myself. Sure, the JC and PH moulds are there, but same goes to the 744. In my opinion the 748 doesn't have a great representation in 1/400 and as the final variant of the 747 I'd say it deserves the time and effort from NG.

Last edited: