New Database Website

People should be able to upload pictures themselves based on a few criteria to ensure acceptable quality, you as admin just have to approve them. Otherwise it will be very difficult to get pictures of Dragonwings and other brands that no longer exist.
I second this, I'd imagine that some of us would be more than willing to get the chance to photograph our collections.

People should be able to upload pictures themselves based on a few criteria to ensure acceptable quality, you as admin just have to approve them. Otherwise it will be very difficult to get pictures of Dragonwings and other brands that no longer exist.
And there also needs to be some kind of verification that the picture matches the model described. But, user-contributed photos would be in the spirit of real-world photo sites such as jetphotos.net.

Jay,

The site looks great and I look forward to the things to come! I know this will not be a priority, but just something I would like to eventually see is special livery sorting (Pink ribbon, sports, Pokemon, etc.). I know this is not important to all collectors, but I think it would really help collectors with specific interest.

Last edited:
Jay,

The site looks great and I look forward to the things to come! I know this will not be a priority, but just something I would like to eventually see is special livery sorting (Pin ribbon, sports, Pokemon, etc.). I know this is not important to all collectors, but I think it would really help collectors with specific interest.
How about Southwest schemes by state or by name? For example, there have been three different Lone Star One, and three different Triple Crown One throughout history. Not all of us have the tail numbers memorized...

Brief update for everyone:
Photo uploading has begun! Thank you to weisling53 for providing the first one. I'm continuously working to improve the interface to make it quick and easy. I'll be on vacation next week, so less progress then. Thank you, again, for everyone's support. I'm glad to be working on a project that many will find useful and interesting.

And there also needs to be some kind of verification that the picture matches the model described. But, user-contributed photos would be in the spirit of real-world photo sites such as jetphotos.net.
AI would be great for this problem! Too bad I don't know much about coding with that yet. One day.
For now, they will need to be manually reviewed. As stated, I'll be seeking moderators at some point in the future.

I would like to eventually see is special livery sorting (Pink ribbon, sports, Pokemon, etc.).
Searching by special livery will be pretty easy. But it won't be in a nice drop down... you'll have to type it out.

Brief update for everyone:
Photo uploading has begun! Thank you to weisling53 for providing the first one. I'm continuously working to improve the interface to make it quick and easy. I'll be on vacation next week, so less progress then. Thank you, again, for everyone's support. I'm glad to be working on a project that many will find useful and interesting.

AI would be great for this problem! Too bad I don't know much about coding with that yet. One day.
For now, they will need to be manually reviewed. As stated, I'll be seeking moderators at some point in the future.

Searching by special livery will be pretty easy. But it won't be in a nice drop down... you'll have to type it out.
Thanks for the follow-up, Jay. Just a thought, but could the livery grouping work under a tags field separate from the actual livery name as well? I'm just thinking of my young nephew that loves Pokemon and airplanes. I may not know the name or what is available in special liveries, but a custom tags field that I can search for anything someone has tagged as "Pokemon" would be helpful to even know what is available in addition to search for the specific special livery.

Again, thanks for the awesome work you are doing!