GJ May releases

Wow it is incredible that these two releases still use the cradle mould!

The seamed 747-400 hasn't been seen since 2021 and the 77W since 2022. That's suggesting these models have both been sitting in the warehouse for at least 2 years prior to release!
Most likely waiting for their licensing to be renewed or approved, which would explain the influx of airfrance models lately

That turned out great. Will be picking this up at Airliners.

Yeah but 'On the flip side, this does make me concerned about what GJ’s primary focus is. Is it really on fixing what’s wrong internally within the company or about just taking their customer base for granted and making as much money as possible and ignoring those internal problems?'

Sorry I just had to :LOL:

I'm not sure this concept of Gemini Lite, where they put out obsolete models and charge full price for them, is a successul strategy in the long run!

So bad they release F-GZNH which has the 3 class config. GJ has already released the 3 class config 77W in 1:400 but never the 4 class. This is really boring for European collectors (especially french collectors) and even American collectors (because the 4 class config is used on 100% 77W flights to LAX, SFO, IAD, JFK, MIA, ORD, IAH), for those who care about configurations and model airports model matching.

I suggested F-GZNE (SkyTeam), F-GSQG (old livery) and F-GSQB (new livery) to GJ more than a year ago but they seem to not consider their client requests.

The seamed 747-400 hasn't been seen since 2021 and the 77W since 2022. That's suggesting these models have both been sitting in the warehouse for at least 2 years prior to release!

But VY was repainted in March 2023. So either they had unsold inventory of VM modified to VY or they had made it way before the real thing, or the old mould just isn't dead.

So bad they release F-GZNH which has the 3 class config. GJ has already released the 3 class config 77W in 1:400 but never the 4 class.
tbh idk what you would be expecting from GJ. They can't even print the cockpit windows correctly most of the time and I doubt they want to put in the effort to research for the small niche of collectors who knows the very specifics of an airliner's class configuration from the outside.

So bad they release F-GZNH which has the 3 class config. GJ has already released the 3 class config 77W in 1:400 but never the 4 class. This is really boring for European collectors (especially french collectors) and even American collectors (because the 4 class config is used on 100% 77W flights to LAX, SFO, IAD, JFK, MIA, ORD, IAH), for those who care about configurations and model airports model matching.

I suggested F-GZNE (SkyTeam), F-GSQG (old livery) and F-GSQB (new livery) to GJ more than a year ago but they seem to not consider their client requests.
What's wrong with this Skyteam 77W? It's the same scheme, better mould, better printing.

What's wrong with this Skyteam 77W? It's the same scheme, better mould, better printing.

The one you share (from NG) is F-GZNT (3 class config) whereas I suggested F-GZNE (4 class config). I explained the differences between the two config and for some collectors, like me, it is important.
To recognize a 4 class from a 3 class, look at the windows: on the 4 class config, the 5th window is painted in the livery color (no window) in order to separate the first class "La Première" and the business class. On the 3 class there is no space.

Moreover F-GZNE has a mismatched white nose which is very uncommon.

The first picture is F-GZNE with 4 class (and white nose), and the second is F-GZNT with 3 class:
IMG_6699.jpegIMG_6698.jpeg

But VY was repainted in March 2023. So either they had unsold inventory of VM modified to VY or they had made it way before the real thing, or the old mould just isn't dead.
If that's the case then it is a typical GJ style. I still remember D-ABYC in n/c that they released - which took almost 7 years after the release that the model was repainted just so recently. I remembered the LH Cargo 777 also faced the same issue.

The one you share (from NG) is F-GZNT (3 class config) whereas I suggested F-GZNE (4 class config). I explained the differences between the two config and for some collectors, like me, it is important.
To recognize a 4 class from a 3 class, look at the windows: on the 4 class config, the 5th window is painted in the livery color (no window) in order to separate the first class "La Première" and the business class. On the 3 class there is no space.

Moreover F-GZNE has a mismatched white nose which is very uncommon.

The first picture is F-GZNE with 4 class (and white nose), and the second is F-GZNT with 3 class:
View attachment 30592View attachment 30593

I know people have their own criteria when buying models (I also have mine) but I think you're gonna suffer a lot if you keep waiting for models with specific cabin configurations. I currently collect Brazilian models of the 1980s and 1990s and I have to order custom models all the time because manufacturers probably won't release what I need...

I know people have their own criteria when buying models (I also have mine) but I think you're gonna suffer a lot if you keep waiting for models with specific cabin configurations. I currently collect Brazilian models of the 1980s and 1990s and I have to order custom models all the time because manufacturers probably won't release what I need...
The real issue is that some destinations only get one particular configuration.