Gemini Jets - December Future Releases (1:400)

swagninja84

Gemini just announced these as future releases. The 767-400 panic annoucements.
  • Air India A350-900 New Colors
  • American Airlines A321-200 Allegheny Heritage Livery
  • Delta Air Lines A320-200
  • Delta Air Lines B757-200 Widget Livery
  • Delta Air Lines B767-400 Breast Cancer Awareness Livery
  • Delta Air Lines B767-400 Skyteam Livery
  • Delta Air Lines B767-400 Colors in Motion Livery
  • Southwest Airlines B737-800 Nevada One
  • Spirit Airlines A321neo
  • United Airlines B767-400 Evo Blue
377323870_870580361343153_1545918527076609736_n.jpg

Pretty boring for someone who doesn't collect US models... I do see the appeal for American collectors though, and the OP summed up the 767s as "panic announcements" very well. Most of the models have been announced or could be done on better moulds, so I'd recommend skipping these releases.

My wallet will be cursing Todd for the meantime. Obviously I plan to get one of each Delta when they get released. Glad they are planning some of the 764s that haven’t been made, specially eyeing that BCA and Skyteam. Also will be nice to have a modern mould widget 757 since NGs is hard to find and the other one by GJ is outdated (still good ofc).

Last edited:
My wallet will be cursing Todd for the meantime. Obviously I plan to get one of each Delta when they get released. Glad they are planning some of the 764s that haven’t been made, specially eyeing that BCA and Skyteam. Also will be nice to have a modern mould widget 757 since NGs is hard to find and the other one by GJ is outdated (still good ofc).
I wouldn't consider Gemini's 757 as "modern"... The safest bet would be to keep looking for the NG, unless you want as many widget 757s as possible.

These are pretty dreadful if you ask me. @JJ Skippy you'll by any old crap Gemini put out :D

• The 737-800 and A321neo are plain rubbish and the 321neo has recently been made by NG anyway.
  • The A320, A321 will be really ordinary and the A320 has been announced recently by NG.
  • The A350 is inferior to NG and AV400 who will both make it
  • The 757 is obsolete and significantly inferior to the NG so unless you missed out on that as Irish says it's a pass
  • That 767-400 is a really poor effort and all 3 of these will get remade within a year on a better mould

I really don't understand why people would buy any of these except if you're desperate the Allegheny A321

Sorry but sometimes I'm amused that Gemini400 even sells at all :ROFLMAO:
Guess price is the only driving factor, but there are also tons of good deals on much better moulds
We all know Pandas 764 will easily be 5 times better even before it's released.

really don't understand why people would buy any of these except if you're desperate the Allegheny A321
True, but those AA heritage A321s NG or PM would surely announce anyways (I'm surprised why NG hasn't announced these surefire sellers already - but knowing NG, they don't really seem to be worried about being 'first')

This GJ list is irrelevant frankly imo - the only reason to buy them is
a) if you're a diehard GJ loyalist,
b) because they're cheaper - though marginally (in Asia, some stores retail GJ narrows at 10-15pc less than equivalent NG's - but Asia isn't GJs target market really, or
c) if you have missed the ones made already on superior moulds and are unwilling to wait for a re-release or seek them out on the seconds / collections market.

Hmmmm

lol at "panic announcements". That sums it up perfectly :LOL: 😂

Since Gemini is heavily focusing on US-based aircraft, I wish we could see some older 727 releases.
I'd really love to see a Miami Air 727!
Carnival Air Lines and ATA in the older (golden) livery would also be very cool.

You guys may not be aware but Russell (Crownvic - the admin on DAC) spends a lot of time lurking on here and getting angry with people's opinions (like Andrew). He just sent me a very fruity response by e-mail in relation to my comment above. So let me make it clear to everyone my stance on Gemini (ignoring some of the personalities involved):

• Gemini Jets make some good models (I've reviewed several this year), but they also make a lot of weak models using obsolete moulds and these future releases are a great example of that
  • The 767-400 mould is lazy. Reusing the generic engines of their old 767s and being inferior to a Dragon mould is not ok in 2023 if you want to be seen as competitive
  • They have a few world beating moulds (mostly made by JC Wings) such as the interactive 747s and the 777s
  • They have a decent number of unique moulds that nobody else but them and JC have (Il-62, CV-580, F100, ATRs etc) which they largely fail to use much. Even some of these like the MD-80s are decent but hardly world-beaters.
  • Some of the print and quality control on Gemini models has been poor in recent times - and worse than on JC Wings

None of these statements ought to be at all controversial and they can all be easily backed up with plenty of evidence.

Obviously NG Models are a superior brand to Gemini in 400 scale but at this point so are Aviation400, Panda Models, JC Wings and arguably even maybe Phoenix.

Last edited:
Blind loyalty for legacy brands is something I'll never understand, trash is trash irrespective of "history."
Agree. We collectors want quality and only care about quality, so why should we buy a worse version from them knowing there will be a superior version for the same price? This future releases trend is a clear sign they want to get as many pre-orders as possible with their inferior product as otherwise they won't sell.

You guys may not be aware but Russell (Crownvic - the admin on DAC) spends a lot of time lurking on here and getting angry with people's opinions (like Andrew). He just sent me a very fruity response by e-mail in relation to my comment above. So let me make it clear to everyone my stance on Gemini (ignoring some of the personalities involved):
He must have some affiliation with GJ to get upset over your truthful comments.

I haven’t brought a new GJ model in years. Would be tempted with the 764 but like others have said, Panda / NG moulds will be worth the wait.