Gemini Jets - December Future Releases (1:400)

He must have some affiliation with GJ to get upset over your truthful comments.

I haven’t brought a new GJ model in years. Would be tempted with the 764 but like others have said, Panda / NG moulds will be worth the wait.
He's the brother of the owner!

I've bought 6 Gemini's this year, which is twice as many as last year so they've had an ok year. I did get the first 764 but it was a disappointment.

He must have some affiliation with GJ to get upset over your truthful comments.

I haven’t brought a new GJ model in years. Would be tempted with the 764 but like others have said, Panda / NG moulds will be worth the wait.
I'm pretty sure he's related to Elliot Epstein.

I wouldn't consider Gemini's 757 as "modern"... The safest bet would be to keep looking for the NG, unless you want as many widget 757s as possible.
Yeah I more of less meant a newer release my bad. But yeah i’m trying to get one of each release. The main goal in the end is try to collect every possible Delta model in 1:400 and maybe even 1:200. So that’s why I end up buying GJ, otherwise it would just be another skip lol.

The Delta Skyteam 764 is interesting me despite it being outside of my criteria (but I do tend to make an exception for US carriers :p). Think I'll wait and see what Panda does with their new mould.

Agree with others regarding Gemini jets. I have not bought many Gemini jets in recent years. I would consider the Delta 767-400 wavy gravy, but after seeing the mold in person on the current livery I will pass. Truly sad and lazy imo. The only one I have on order is the TWA MD-80 in the new colors and that's because i want an MD 80 in those colors !

Meanwhile, the Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia, which was an important regional propliner and was vastly operated in the United States, still isn't present in 1:400 scale. We have the Saab 340, Shorts 360, but no Brasilia yet... could be a good opportunity to Gemini. They have made it in 1:200 already, for Christ sake!

Richard, I have to call you out on this buddy! This is just not cool...
In what way? Do you not agree? That is my opinion based upon the evidence I see regularly.

Let me ask you two questions:

Which castings of Geminis that compete with NG would you rather buy than the NG casting head to head? The 777 and 787 are possibly the only ones I can think of.

Do you think NG, AV400, Panda has the better finished product than GJ in terms of print/paint, QC and packaging? Yes/No

Last edited:
I wonder why they don't focus more on regional jets/props, where they are the only option. E-Jets, A220, CRJ, Fokker, Saabs, ATR...
But no, they are making the same stuff again and again.
I think that's because there's just not enough return on these. You usually intersperse these inbetween cash cows like 380s, 787s or similar. The latter keep the dollars flowing return. Not much money to be earned with classic props or regios. Especially not when royalties need to be paid on top of it all.

In what way? Do you not agree? That is my opinion based upon the evidence I see regularly.

Let me ask you two questions:

Which castings of Geminis that compete with NG would you rather buy than the NG casting head to head? The 777 and 787 are possibly the only ones I can think of.

None, NG all the way so far.

Do you think NG, AV400, Panda has the better finished product than GJ in terms of print/paint, QC and packaging? Yes/No

Yes.

But there is more to your post.

You are suggesting that other brands are a better option. But I think that is a bold statement to make. While they tend to put out a very competitive product, their limited output puts them in an inferior league (bottom-feeder might be an accurate term after all). How many opportunities does a collector have to bypass GJ in favor of AV400 or Panda?

Also, while it is refreshing to see you put Phoenix in somewhat of a well-deserved good light, I find it suspicious how you spared them and JC from the slashing. Especially JC, to me their 1:400 models are no better or worse than GJ.

You are suggesting that other brands are a better option. But I think that is a bold statement to make. While they tend to put out a very competitive product, their limited output puts them in an inferior league (bottom-feeder might be an accurate term after all). How many opportunities does a collector have to bypass GJ in favor of AV400 or Panda?

Also, while it is refreshing to see you put Phoenix in somewhat of a well-deserved good light, I find it suspicious how you spared them and JC from the slashing. Especially JC, to me their 1:400 models are no better or worse than GJ.

Limited outputs??? You've got to remember that Gemini don't make that many different models - 10 a month. This year AV, NG and Panda have made over 400 models. Gemini have made 101. Airbus and Boeings, which make up the major mould overlap account for 84 of the Gemini releases.

Between NG, AV, Panda and now Phoenix I'd say the majority of GJ releases are now being made by those brands - usually on superior moulds. This is clearly apparent here with these GJ future releases. They are all models that will likely be or have been made by NG, AV or Panda. So I'd argue the collector has plenty of opportunities to 'bypass GJ' as you say if they want to.

Anyway all I said was that I believe GJ are below the brands I mentioned in the pecking order in my opinion, which you apparently agree with.

JC Wings in my experience seem to have better QC and make less egregious print errors than Gemini. I can't recall JC printing cockpits as badly as that recent Copa 737 or EI ATR for example. Or putting massive tyres on Saabs or hushkits on 727s. Mould wise the same applies of course.

My opinions on the merits and demerits of Phoenix are fairly well understood I'd have thought and not really applicable here.

Last edited:
Limited outputs??? You've got to remember that Gemini don't make that many different models - 10 a month. This year AV, NG and Panda have made over 400 models. Gemini have made 101. Airbus and Boeings, which make up the major mould overlap account for 84 of the Gemini releases.

I should have clarified that I was specifically referring to AV400 and Panda. I agree, I will almost always go for NG if I have a choice between them and GJ. With Panda and AV400 I seldom have that option, hence why I find that calling them superior to GJ can be misleading to new collectors as that statement should come with a huge caveat.

Between NG, AV, Panda and now Phoenix I'd say the majority of GJ releases are now being made by those brands - usually on superior moulds. This is clearly apparent here with these GJ future releases. They are all models that will likely be or have been made by NG, AV or Panda. So I'd argue the collector has plenty of opportunities to 'bypass GJ' as you say if they want to.

Again, that is true when talking about GJ vs. NG and modern subjects.

Anyway all I said was that I believe GJ are below the brands I mentioned in the pecking order in my opinion, which you apparently agree with.

JC Wings in my experience seem to have better QC and make less egregious print errors than Gemini. I've been told this is due to different production lines and specific cost-cutting measures that have been taken by GJ. That may or may not be true. Either way I can't recall JC printing cockpits as badly as that recent Copa 737 or EI ATR for example. Or putting massive tyres on Saabs or hushkits on 727s. Mould wise the same applies of course.

My opinions on the merits and demerits of Phoenix are fairly well understood I'd have thought and not really applicable here.

Mmm... maybe; not buying it though. What is the point of the argument to begin with? They rarely compete by releasing the same subjects, so it doesn't matter if JC is supposedly slightly better since there is not going to be an alternative model from them.

It is a pain to look for Sab 340s on the DiMA database, but it looks like it has been almost ten years since they released one, unfortunately. If so, how do we know that theirs would not have suffered from those massive NLG tires as well?

Regarding, the National 722 it does seem that GJ was releasing 727s frequently then as opposed to JC (two AA examples, as I recall). There were huskitted and not huskitted examples among them. Could one of the JC AA examples have been the unlucky one to erroneously receive huskits, instead of the GJ National one? Not trying to be a GJ apologist, as those atrocities should have never reached the stores, but I'm not convinced it is a problem particular to GJ.

I don't buy that many JC models, but the ones I have are also not stellar. 747s with low cockpit windows, 737s with slanted cockpit windows, oversharpened noses, 767s with slightly high cockpit windows, and all with the same unrefined finish that characterizes them nothing nowadays. Oh and I was able to see their KLM ATR in person, and that cockpit was pretty ugly.

You are not wrong Richard, but don't you think you might bending the truth just a little bit to make JC look slightly better here? I mean, it is only fair since they sent you an An-26 recently and all, no? Instead, all you seem to get from those ungrateful folks at GJ are nastygrams. 😄

Cheers bud,

I should have clarified that I was specifically referring to AV400 and Panda. I agree, I will almost always go for NG if I have a choice between them and GJ. With Panda and AV400 I seldom have that option, hence why I find that calling them superior to GJ can be misleading to new collectors as that statement should come with a huge caveat.
If it's an A380 or A350 then AV400 would have or will make it. Panda have made several A320/21s that Gemini have recently. The statement is true regardless of subject matter anyway. The caveat isn't needed - it is a general brand comment not a subject matter comment.
Mmm... maybe; not buying it though. What is the point of the argument to begin with? They rarely compete by releasing the same subjects, so it doesn't matter if JC is supposedly slightly better since there is not going to be an alternative model from them.

It is a pain to look for Sab 340s on the DiMA database, but it looks like it has been almost ten years since they released one, unfortunately. If so, how do we know that theirs would not have suffered from those massive NLG tires as well?
They may have but they haven't and I can only comment on what is not what isn't. Once again the comment is about brand quality not subject matter. Whether another company makes the same model as another doesn't mean that one brand can't be compared with another. I know you like to always suggest buying even if inferior but there is a third option - don't buy. I'm not advocating either anyway I'm just saying that from where I'm siting brand x looks better than brand y
Regarding, the National 722 it does seem that GJ was releasing 727s frequently then as opposed to JC (two AA examples, as I recall). There were huskitted and not huskitted examples among them. Could one of the JC AA examples have been the unlucky one to erroneously receive huskits, instead of the GJ National one? Not trying to be a GJ apologist, as those atrocities should have never reached the stores, but I'm not convinced it is a problem particular to GJ.

I don't buy that many JC models, but the ones I have are also not stellar. 747s with low cockpit windows, 737s with slanted cockpit windows, oversharpened noses, 767s with slightly high cockpit windows, and all with the same unrefined finish that characterizes them nothing nowadays. Oh and I was able to see their KLM ATR in person, and that cockpit was pretty ugly.
I've been interested to read recently people's low opinion of JC. I agree with a lot of it but not all of it. I haven't seen any of the 'oversharpened noses' from JC - anyone have any photos?

You are not wrong Richard, but don't you think you might bending the truth just a little bit to make JC look slightly better here? I mean, it is only fair since they sent you an An-26 recently and all, no? Instead, all you seem to get from those ungrateful folks at GJ are nastygrams. 😄

Cheers bud,

Nah I like Sam but I'm not changing my opinions to make him happy. Does that really sound like me? I've been plenty critical of JC releases on the release videos. All three GJ, JC and PHX sit near each other but this thread is only about GJ so my opinion on here was talking about GJ

Last edited:
I've been interested to read recently people's low opinion of JC. I agree with a lot of it but not all of it. I haven't seen any of the 'oversharpened noses' from JC - anyone have any photos?
Here is an old photo of mine, about 2 years ago.

Shenzhen is JC, SW is NG.

1701707635237.png

I think that's because there's just not enough return on these. You usually intersperse these inbetween cash cows like 380s, 787s or similar. The latter keep the dollars flowing return. Not much money to be earned with classic props or regios. Especially not when royalties need to be paid on top of it all.
But one day the collector market will be saturated with AA,DL,EK widebodies. So why not bring some out some smaller planes. They have all the moulds. GJ should not rely on the US fanboys only. That could backfire.