Gemini Jets September releases predictions

It's been made twice before and this will be the 2nd best of those I suspect.

It's another VERY Gemini month made up of classic Gemini material - some good, some bad and some awful. Here's the rankings for September.

True. But they're hard to find and when you do, very expensive.

It's been made twice before and this will be the 2nd best of those I suspect.

It's another VERY Gemini month made up of classic Gemini material - some good, some bad and some awful. Here's the rankings for September.

Glad you called out that horrible choice of a model
For all the folks there who hee&haw at a Russian model, and at models of crashed aircraft, this is far far far worse.

Anywho, it is what it is. I mean, we know of another manufacturer who is unapologetically Zionist, but we buy those in any case too.

Glad you called out that horrible choice of a model
For all the folks there who hee&haw at a Russian model, and at models of crashed aircraft, this is far far far worse.

In reviews and the ranking videos I mostly look for objective and with nuance.

The main problem with involving politics too much is that it tends to get subjective and without nuance.

Your post has the same tendency in my opinion.

The main problem with involving politics too much is that it tends to get subjective and without nuance.
I agree with this statement. While I have my own opinions about who the aircraft is representing, that should not be taken into consideration when assessing the model aircraft. Personally it doesn’t fit my collection anyway since I don’t delve into those subjects, but I respect those who decide to buy one.

While this forum is home to many high-quality and product threads, politics is still being blown out of proportion during certain discussions. Now, I do expect such remarks to come up every so often since all manufacturers, from GJ to NG, have done politics-themed releases - just as they have done Russian/Israeli/accident frames - and I say more power to them! Models are meant to be snapshots of aviation history, and thus neither manufacturers nor collectors shouldn't shy away from "controversial" subject matters.

Above all, models need to be approached based on their uniqueness and quality, not who owns them or what happens to them in real life. Soviet/Russian planes, accident airframes, and campaign jets are equally as important in completing the storied history of aviation as your run-of-the-mill Ns and Bs, and the minority of collectors who are quick to dislike a model for representing those ain't no excuse for the rest of us to stoop down to their level. We should keep doing what we do best on MAF - be rational, productive, and overall passionate regarding diecast models.

I agree. Everything is so political now days, the last place I want to deal with it is my hobbies.
I don't see the point in doing models of aircraft temporarily painted for campaigns anyway. They're great fodder for customs. JC Wings has a Biden/Harris 737-500 with winglets that would be great fodder for us to customize for Continental... except it's only available in 1:200.

I would argue that my words where both objective and nuanced. The reality concerning this individual and the party system that enables him is a disgrace that I was very very kind towards in that video. I have always commented on the subject behind the model as I don't subscribe to an ignorance is bliss mentality.

The model would never have scored well as the mould is awful anyway. Now if NG make it it may scrape to Gas Guzzler :)

I agree with this statement. While I have my own opinions about who the aircraft is representing, that should not be taken into consideration when assessing the model aircraft. Personally it doesn’t fit my collection anyway since I don’t delve into those subjects, but I respect those who decide to buy one.
Yeah but that is a cowardly approach in my opinion JJ. Your opinions should of course be taken into consideration when considering it, especially if you consider yourself a commentator on the models. Staying silent is tacitly supporting it. It is one of the reasons why the situation has arisen at all. History is full of people who said nothing and pleaded ignorance. I'm sorry but I 100% disagree with that approach.
While this forum is home to many high-quality and product threads, politics is still being blown out of proportion during certain discussions.
In this case the only ones blowing things out of proportion are the very ones upset by my comments, which were hardly controversial or inaccurate.
Now, I do expect such remarks to come up every so often since all manufacturers, from GJ to NG, have done politics-themed releases - just as they have done Russian/Israeli/accident frames - and I say more power to them! Models are meant to be snapshots of aviation history, and thus neither manufacturers nor collectors shouldn't shy away from "controversial" subject matters.
I agree and I never said they should shy away from them
Above all, models need to be approached based on their uniqueness and quality, not who owns them or what happens to them in real life. Soviet/Russian planes, accident airframes, and campaign jets are equally as important in completing the storied history of aviation as your run-of-the-mill Ns and Bs, and the minority of collectors who are quick to dislike a model for representing those ain't no excuse for the rest of us to stoop down to their level. We should keep doing what we do best on MAF - be rational, productive, and overall passionate regarding diecast models.
I think that is an aspect of it and I am not doubting their historical significance but the source and content of the model is definitely something that should be discussed. That is rational and productive.

Of course the central irony to all this is that unlike a lot of the content I create these videos are highly subjective and based upon my opinion. That opinion isn't likely to be swayed by any of you when it comes to topics I am very well versed in like current affairs. If you don't like what I say don't watch. If you don't want your hobby politicised then you've chosen the wrong hobby because airliners and the industry is 100% political all the time everywhere.

Last edited: