First Icelandair B737 Max9 to get new paint?

Steinar

Found in Flightradar24 that Icelandair TF-ICB was heading to Norwich and I assume it is to get the new livery. First Max9 to get the new livery?TF ICB.jpg

One went down a week ago, so there's now two at Norwich getting repainted, TF-ICB and ICC. A couple of Dash 8's of Icelandair Connect have been done recently too, a 200 and a 400. The big question is whether or not a 757 will get the new livery ?

Last edited:
Thanks Big Al! I’m often on FR24 but I must have missed those. Not so shure about B757’s. They are getting to old I think.

Then only TF-FIX hmm I dont’n think so. The TF-ISX has it’s special livery already.

TF-ICC is already back in action. Stayed only 8 days in Norwich. If re-painted, 8 days seems a bit short and no photos in new paint. Is there any other maintainence made in Norwich?

TF-ICC is already back in action. Stayed only 8 days in Norwich. If re-painted, 8 days seems a bit short and no photos in new paint. Is there any other maintainence made in Norwich?
It's due to leave Norwich at lunchtime (UK) today. I'm not aware of other maintenance being performed there on Icelandair aircraft. Recent repaints have taken around a week, with one aircraft leaving around the same time another arrives. If there are photo updates I dare say they will appear very soon. If it overflies me at GLA on the way north I'll try for a picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109-092803~2.png
    Screenshot_20221109-092803~2.png
    921.7 KB · Views: 4
Interesting, in this article from February 2022, it states that TF-ICB/C should have been done in the first wave along with Max 8's, so maybe this is a game of catch up ? It also states the 757's are unlikely to be rebranded but the 767's will.

Thanks for the update. I know you are the most updated person I know of. Nice to see your are here too.
Thank you Steinar, and I appreciate your knowledge of Nordic aviation too. I'll keep an eye out on these Max 9's as they progress.

TF-ICC has been towed out of the paint hangar at NWI and has had the pale blue accent stripe (similar to TF-ICE) added. Now overdue on an RTB flight to KEF, perhaps the paint is still wet ? 😎

Ha,ha, ha might be so. Watching FR24 right now waiting for the take off. Thanks for the color info.

Departing now 1705L therefore its dark, so no picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109-170452~2.png
    Screenshot_20221109-170452~2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4