Aeroclassics January 2024 Releases

JJ Skippy

First new release set of the year for Aeroclassics. A pretty solid batch if I must say.
IMG_2998.jpeg

These models were also announced:
IMG_2994.pngIMG_2995.png

Lastly, the America West and Allegheny A321s were also announced but they are not up on the Aeroclassics Direct website. Only the Piedmont A321 is available.

Nothing for me. Air Gabon (!!!), Air Mauritius and Royal Brunei 767s are very hot ones but I'm not really a fan of AC 767-200 mould.

I'm in two minds about these. I have 747s in all those schemes already and an AA 767-200. Are any of these significantly better or even as good as the versions I have? I'm not sure. I'm not going to replace my Gemini 767-200 with the Aeroclassics version and arguably the Apollo JAL 747 I have is better. The Air Canada and AA 747s I have are Dragon but do these offer that much of an upgrade? Hmmm...

The non-US 767s are all good picks though and I may get the Gabon and Mauritius.

The photo of the Piedmont retro A321 leaves a lot to be desired I'd say:

BBX41674.jpg

I'm in two minds about these. I have 747s in all those schemes already and an AA 767-200. Are any of these significantly better or even as good as the versions I have? I'm not sure. I'm not going to replace my Gemini 767-200 with the Aeroclassics version and arguably the Apollo JAL 747 I have is better. The Air Canada and AA 747s I have are Dragon but do these offer that much of an upgrade? Hmmm...

The non-US 767s are all good picks though and I may get the Gabon and Mauritius.

View attachment 26369
Someone at DAC brought up the fact that AC only has PW engines for their 762, which makes the AA a wrong-engined example. I still ordered it, I also have a DW but I like to fleet build that AA livery in the 1990s types, I can live with the engine issue, is not like we are talking RB211 vs PW/GE.

I also got the AA74. I have 4 of them (GJ, DW and BB), so why not another one.

Lots of desired aircraft-livery combos with the 762s and 747s - but given all the cock-ups and QC issues, and poor printing / research and dated moulds / inaccuracies, will wait it out for the possible future options.

Last edited:
Someone at DAC brought up the fact that AC only has PW engines for their 762, which makes the AA a wrong-engined example. I still ordered it, I also have a DW but I like to fleet build that AA livery in the 1990s types, I can live with the engine issue, is not like we are talking RB211 vs PW/GE.

I also got the AA74. I have 4 of them (GJ, DW and BB), so why not another one.

Could you post comparison photos with the DW when you get the AC model? I have the DW too and trying to work out if I should get this to replace it. Thanks!

View attachment 26369
On facebook it was stated that the A320 family has new and improved landing gear.

Does anyone see it?

The retailer pool for Aeroclassics seems to be shrinking. Threshold never got the December releases and hasn't shown any signs they'll get the January ones. Aviation Retail Direct in the UK haven't listed any for ages either and were selling off some newish stock at cheap prices at the LHR fair (£15-25).

So far these have only been listed as far as I can tell at ACDirect, Ezytoys and Squatchy's.

Aviation Megastore still stock them in Europe, MyHobbyHouse in Asia plus Buchair, JetCollector & Flying Mule in the US.

Who am I missing in the main markets?

The retailer pool for Aeroclassics seems to be shrinking. Threshold never got the December releases and hasn't shown any signs they'll get the January ones. Aviation Retail Direct in the UK haven't listed any for ages either and were selling off some newish stock at cheap prices at the LHR fair (£15-25).

So far these have only been listed as far as I can tell at ACDirect, Ezytoys and Squatchy's.

Aviation Megastore still stock them in Europe, MyHobbyHouse in Asia plus Buchair, JetCollector & Flying Mule in the US.

CAMAUST in Aus, they get all the new releases. Frontline Hobbies in Sydney get a few. That’s it in Australia.

Aviation Center Berlin used to get them for you after you had ordered them via e-mail. But It's increasingly more difficult for ACB as the European supplier (Pilots in France) doesn't have them either.

The currently-occuring situation might be due to the shift of distribution as MHH in Malaysia gets quite an amount of stock for each AC models as of late (they got nearly a dozen of VN 762s , 8 were sold while plenty are still in-stock at ACDirect - where I got mine). China seems to be not receiving any AC stock either afaik, which is quite strange tbh, given that there are many classic collectors and demand (the Alitalia 747s were sold for nearly 80USD per piece there - assuming they were imported directly from the US).

Last edited:
I hope JetCollector gets them posted today. I've been looking for a AA 747 for a bit.

I think he will post them soon. I’m on the back side of the clock so just grabbed mine from Eztoys (had not bought from them in a while). They sold out within the hour at AC direct. Looks like the same happened at Squatchy’s.

I think he will post them soon. I’m on the back side of the clock so just grabbed mine from Eztoys (had not bought from them in a while). They sold out within the hour at AC direct. Looks like the same happened at Squatchy’s.
They're live on the site now.

AA 747’s sold quick, good release on those. The other 747’s are nice and have a couple each left of those.