Aeroclassics December 2022 speculations

Or they could be exclusive for Squatchys given that they are "good neighbors." I remember the other instant sell-out this year, which I did miss, was the Aero Union 762, which also went to only a handful of exclusive retailers I believe.
That is also possible; I didn’t think of that. Hopefully Andrew can give us some answers.

I endorse the retroness going on right now. I would love to start collecting retro aircraft but I'm just not feeling it. There's so much to collect that will take long to find. Plus the space I have. I'm mostly gonna stick with modern from now on.

Can someone explain to me why the widgets were not on AC direct website? Where were these sold at?

What!!!! How do you know?

This makes me so upset. The dark lord said that he fired the peeps that was doing the QC I guess he just re hired the same knuckle heads 🤦‍♂️
I saw it up on Threshold Aviation, where the pictures of the models come up quite big. The alignment error is sadly present, I reckon the run for these A300s coincided with the PAL 727 run which used the same artwork, with the dodgy ‘PP’. I’d love to delete that bloody artwork file lol.

I saw it up on Threshold Aviation, where the pictures of the models come up quite big. The alignment error is sadly present, I reckon the run for these A300s coincided with the PAL 727 run which used the same artwork, with the dodgy ‘PP’. I’d love to delete that bloody artwork file lol.
Infuriating. I was contemplating getting this model, and I nearly did, but I choose not to, solely because of that crappy artwork file. I really cannot believe that AK just hasn't deleted it himself by now!

Infuriating. I was contemplating getting this model, and I nearly did, but I choose not to, solely because of that crappy artwork file. I really cannot believe that AK just hasn't deleted it himself by now!
Yeah I was as well, I don’t have any classic PAL A300 in my collection so this would have been handy, but the error is very disappointing. It’s already ‘low qty’ on AC direct so it’s selling well on there already! I know a lot of collectors will need this as well as fleet-building with the others already made. It’s very odd how this old BB400 artwork file has remained in use, when a correct version exists.

I might try and secure a Widget 732 if possible as compensation, that looks ok and can join my earlier SMA example 😉

Yeah I was as well, I don’t have any classic PAL A300 in my collection so this would have been handy, but the error is very disappointing. It’s already ‘low qty’ on AC direct so it’s selling well on there already! I know a lot of collectors will need this as well as fleet-building with the others already made. It’s very odd how this old BB400 artwork file has remained in use, when a correct version exists.

I might try and secure a Widget 732 if possible as compensation, that looks ok and can join my earlier SMA example 😉
I am very confused about the widget 732. AK said over on DA.C that it never got released and might have been a custom, but I am not sure if that was a cover-up of a mistake or a genuine reason. They don't look like customs, and I hope they were real releases. I guess we might never know, not until someone else puts them up for sale at least.

I am very confused about the widget 732. AK said over on DA.C that it never got released and might have been a custom, but I am not sure if that was a cover-up of a mistake or a genuine reason. They don't look like customs, and I hope they were real releases. I guess we might never know, not until someone else puts them up for sale at least.
Blimey, more mystery stuff, like a recent SAS DC-9 I discovered 😮 Time to get Sherlock on the case 😂 From what I’ve seen, they all look like regular production models. Let’s see what Jet Collector puts up when they go live on there later on (8am Pacific)…

Blimey, more mystery stuff, like a recent SAS DC-9 I discovered 😮 Time to get Sherlock on the case 😂 From what I’ve seen, they all look like regular production models. Let’s see what Jet Collector puts up when they go live on there later on (8am Pacific)…
Yeah. I usually use my local retailer's (CAMAUST) pre-order form to decide which models are legit or not, and more importantly, if it is possible for me to try and find one. Hopefully the widget 732s do surface elsewhere so we can all get our hands on one.

Yeah. I usually use my local retailer's (CAMAUST) pre-order form to decide which models are legit or not, and more importantly, if it is possible for me to try and find one. Hopefully the widget 732s do surface elsewhere so we can all get our hands on one.
It’s a strategic game every month 😂 I just watch like a hawk, check all available known sources, and then utilise quick reflexes!

I really hope so too - Delta Widget is such an icon, any classic with these c/s is a must-have.

It’s a strategic game every month 😂 I just watch like a hawk, check all available known sources, and then utilise quick reflexes!

I really hope so too - Delta Widget is such an icon, any classic with these c/s is a must-have.
It really is! Here in Oz, all of the local releases sell out in a matter of hours, so I often find myself taking a break from my shift to call up CAMAUST and put in an order as soon as they have them in stock. NG's new Air NZ A321neos will be gone the day after they arrive, so I will have to be very speedy for those ones. The OzJet 737s haven't been put up yet, but once I get the email it will be go time! :ROFLMAO:

The Widget is one of those Iconic liveries that everyone knows, up there with the BA Landor and CX Lettuce sandwich. The more widget models the better!

It really is! Here in Oz, all of the local releases sell out in a matter of hours, so I often find myself taking a break from my shift to call up CAMAUST and put in an order as soon as they have them in stock. NG's new Air NZ A321neos will be gone the day after they arrive, so I will have to be very speedy for those ones. The OzJet 737s haven't been put up yet, but once I get the email it will be go time! :ROFLMAO:

The Widget is one of those Iconic liveries that everyone knows, up there with the BA Landor and CX Lettuce sandwich. The more widget models the better!
Crikey! Oz is a tough place for a collector. No wonder why so many have to source from overseas. An enhanced sense of panic must exist each month lol 😂

Widget is definitely up there with those. Can’t get enough of these top classic schemes 👏👍