Aeroclassics December 2022 speculations

Crikey! Oz is a tough place for a collector. No wonder why so many have to source from overseas. An enhanced sense of panic must exist each month lol 😂

Widget is definitely up there with those. Can’t get enough of these top classic schemes 👏👍
Couldn't agree more. The panic is real, because if you miss them, you know your only other local option is on eBay for double the price... The NGs usually arrive mid-month, so that is when I go in-store. There are always people there on Saturday, lined up outside for 10 am sharp! :ROFLMAO: It's like the boxing day sales to be honest, just without the fear of being trampled!

Couldn't agree more. The panic is real, because if you miss them, you know your only other local option is on eBay for double the price... The NGs usually arrive mid-month, so that is when I go in-store. There are always people there on Saturday, lined up outside for 10 am sharp! :ROFLMAO: It's like the boxing day sales to be honest, just without the fear of being trampled!
Yeah the curse of the ebay flippers is the constant edge, and not a very attractive alternative. That’s hilarious. You should get a photo of that as a record 😂 Imagine if it got to the point of camping outside 😂

Yeah the curse of the ebay flippers is the constant edge, and not a very attractive alternative. That’s hilarious. You should get a photo of that as a record 😂 Imagine if it got to the point of camping outside 😂
I really should get a photo. Thankfully I doubt it will ever get to the point of camping, usually they have at least 7 of the popular models on display to start with, and another bunch out the back. If they put the model on their website though... That's a whole other battle...

I really should get a photo. Thankfully I doubt it will ever get to the point of camping, usually they have at least 7 of the popular models on display to start with, and another bunch out the back. If they put the model on their website though... That's a whole other battle...
Well there’s gonna be a battle for these Ron Allen/Widgets that’s for sure…

Mr. Klein stated on DAC that these Widget jets were not made by Aeroclassics, and raised the possibility that they were customs. The plot thickens..

Mr. Klein stated on DAC that these Widget jets were not made by Aeroclassics, and raised the possibility that they were customs. The plot thickens..
And then someone said that that was a coverup for AC making a mistake on the 'grails of many collectors, raising many valid arguments... The plot thickens once again...

Well, if it means that there is a possibility of another Widget Express release, it doesn't really matter to me what is true in this situation.

After a great couple of months, my wallet finally takes a rest as nothing for me this month. I do not understand the reason for these reissues. Once a model has been made well, why take the risk of making it again with errors? The issue with the 'pp' on the PAL A300 is that they are not the same size font as the rest of the titles, so sit too high. As for the Arkia Viscount, several have already been made and were dust collectors for years on many dealers shelves. Now we have another one that clearly once again has that 'pointed nose' issue on the mould. Please Andrew if you are going to make more Viscounts, can we have some not yet made - Aer Lingus green top scheme, Austrian Airlines, Cambrian Airways (with red wings) or Aloha Airlines (2nd scheme with blue cheatline)?A300_edited-2.jpgARKIA VISCOUNT_edited-1.jpg

He may be teasing us. IIRC he has played the "IDK, must be a custom" game before with the Indian Airlines A320. Again, IIRC turns out a few of these were leaked before their release month. Whatever game AK is playing, it is working as there is a lot of hype and attention built up around those widgets.

Wow, what a great release for everybody! A thought on the Delta widgets is that perhaps that retailer listed them early... or a retailer exclusive? A similar thing happened with the Continental 727-200s and Alaska DH-6s's as they get listed before the announcement earlier this year. Doubt it is licensing as EzToys listed the Ron Allen's and JetCollector listed them but did not advertise them. I would have got the Delta 737-200 widget, oh well, another one will come up sometime. Still, a busy month for me with the Spirit A320 to add to my NKS fleet with the updated livery and variety for that fleet along with the ABX DC-9 and Delta 737-200 Ron Allen as both made appearances at Tulsa circa 2002-2005 with the latter being borderline commonplace as TUL mainly got the Colors in Motion 737-200 but Ron Allen was around daily as well for a time on the route once it switched over from the 727-200, 737-800, and DC-9-30's. Great variety in this set for everybody, Andrew nailed this holiday set, woohoo!

Didn't have one of the Spirit Fence Tips edited so here is a hybrid sharklet aircraft at Dallas Fort Worth on June 2, 2022!

NKS 320.png

Credit to the respective photographers:

Delta 737-200 Ron Allen departing for Atlanta from Tulsa on September 8, 2004!

0664732.jpeg

Airborne Express Douglas DC-9-30 hanging out on the ramp at Tulsa after likely coming in from CVG on August 28, 2004! (more research to come with a for sure arrival airport, likely the equivalent of Kaittla Charters II today; note Boeing 727 in the background)

0655590.jpeg

Yeah the 2 Widget 732s are not up on Jet Collector either, I've contacted them and they are not aware of these releases, which have #SKUs fully in sequence and ahead of the other 2 (BBX41639/40/41/42). So, more mystery/exclusive/leaked or whatever models cropping up...there we go. I'll remain contented with my SMA example.

The widgets were either exclusives for Squatchy or released prematurely. Hopefully its a premature release and other retailers will get them in the new year.

Squatchys have just posted on Facebook that they're sold out of the widgets and posted a photo. The widgets are in the same BlueBox packaging as the Ron Allen's.

The widgets were either exclusives for Squatchy or released prematurely. Hopefully its a premature release and other retailers will get them in the new year.

Squatchys have just posted on Facebook that they're sold out of the widgets and posted a photo. The widgets are in the same BlueBox packaging as the Ron Allen's.
I found out a bit more, apparently the widgets are samples and were listed without permission, and should hopefully be available in the future release schedule, in the coming months.

I found out a bit more, apparently the widgets are samples and were listed without permission, and should hopefully be available in the future release schedule, in the coming months.

Not the first time it happens. Well, @AKlein707 mentioned over at the hangar that they had to pull one of the N releases out of this month's batch. Since these were samples maybe there is a chance that the color of the nose will be fixed (?)

Not the first time it happens. Well, @AKlein707 mentioned over at the hangar that they had to pull one of the N releases out of this month's batch. Since these were samples maybe there is a chance that the color of the nose will be fixed (?)
That would be good. Either way I’d pick one up, hopefully we’ll see these in 2023 (where is the time going!)