Aeroclassics April 2023 Speculations

Just seen photos on JetCollector and N779AL is definitely in real metal from what I can see there, which should mean the others hopefully have metal bellies as well?

Attachments

• DF362EF7-5095-4460-BC91-A72786E263A3.jpeg
    DF362EF7-5095-4460-BC91-A72786E263A3.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 28
Just seen photos on JetCollector and N779AL is definitely in real metal from what I can see there, which should mean the others hopefully have metal bellies as well?
Hopefully. The colour of the base plate on the 'official photos' doesn't help at all does it.

That example still has an 'interesting' nose and a poor wing seam join at the lower edge.

The old Gemini version is better:

US_727-200_03.JPG

Last edited:
Hopefully. The colour of the base plate on the 'official photos' doesn't help at all does it.

That example still has an 'interesting' nose and a poor wing seam join at the lower edge.

The old Gemini version is better:

View attachment 15287
Yeah, the way the blue sky background reflects the light makes it very hard to tell. It really looked like the satin sheen of a silver painted finish, whereas the other pic shows it as being completely different. I’ll keep an eye out for the Gemini version as well, that looks pretty decent!

Makes me sad seeing all those awesome 727 subjects (Delta, Hughes and US) done to such low standards on this bad mould.
The real bad quality pictures try their best to hide away the usual printing shortcomings (door outlines not alligning for example)

That Gemini version looks much better, though I don't give up hope for a quality manufacturer to come up with a real good 2023 standards 727 mould to repeat those subjects - N723RW would be great then as I had a few rides on this airframe (in its later OY-SEZ reg. of course)

The USAir titles should start at the 1st window.
Make this the 3rd window (1+2 were plugged)
I can only imagine this to be just another sloppy research error on AC's part.

I bet the model has the titles sitting in the same position on both port and starboard because the way they are printed would be correct for starboard (there the titles were applied 40in further aft (2nd window))

Makes me sad seeing all those awesome 727 subjects (Delta, Hughes and US) done to such low standards on this bad mould.
The real bad quality pictures try their best to hide away the usual printing shortcomings (door outlines not alligning for example)

That Gemini version looks much better, though I don't give up hope for a quality manufacturer to come up with a real good 2023 standards 727 mould to repeat those subjects - N723RW would be great then as I had a few rides on this airframe (in its later OY-SEZ reg. of course)

To be honest, I have to agree... the AC 727 mould doesn't really bother me much but, seeing the pics of these recent releases, the "Cons" of the mould stood out instead of the "Pros". The nose gear seems to be too long now, giving the model a nose-up attitude instead of the correct nose-down of the real 727. That enlarged engine #2 exhaust at the rear is also quite bad. The Gemini version isn't perfect either but I guess it looks better.

Looks like that Gemini version is very hard to find. It came out way back in 2007 and from what I’ve found, it’s pretty elusive. One ended on evilbay for just under $130 the other week from that ever popular seller, Mr. Bordi. So I’ve picked up this AC version along with the white top and 2 Delta’s. I randomly snapped a grainy pic of a Delta Shuttle B.722 on finals over Washington D.C in April 2000 on a college trip so there’s an associated memory with that one.

Attachments

• 04933224-CAA2-4E3D-B449-D09A8A236446.jpeg
    04933224-CAA2-4E3D-B449-D09A8A236446.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Looks like that Gemini version is very hard to find. It came out way back in 2007 and from what I’ve found, it’s pretty elusive. One ended on evilbay for just under $130 the other week from that ever popular seller, Mr. Bordi. So I’ve picked up this AC version along with the white top and 2 Delta’s. I randomly snapped a grainy pic of a Delta Shuttle B.722 on finals over Washington D.C in April 2000 on a college trip so there’s an associated memory with that one.

I also got the Delta, I thought about the Delta Shuttle as I actually cut my teeth doing those runs out of LGA years later on E-175s when it was outsourced to their regional airlines, but did not get it in the end. As I said, Delta is not that important of an airline in my collection, so I'm not about to go out of my way and look for the GJ version, but since this AC version made itself available, why not? (well, I know some of you have a good list of reasons as to why not 😅, but you get the point). I also couldn't let that Pan Am 727 pass, with that rather obscure livery and all.

I also got the Delta, I thought about the Delta Shuttle as I actually cut my teeth doing those runs out of LGA years later on E-175s when it was outsourced to their regional airlines, but did not get it in the end. As I said, Delta is not that important of an airline in my collection, so I'm not about to go out of my way and look for the GJ version, but since this AC version made itself available, why not? (well, I know some of you have a good list of reasons as to why not 😅, but you get the point). I also couldn't let that Pan Am 727 pass, with that rather obscure livery and all.
Nice one. We all have differing tolerances so just enjoy them 😉 The Pan Am 722 was an interesting one. The DL releases have been going quick. Since I obtained both BB400 Delta 747’s a few years back, it started a side collection of Widgets, same with the US Air rust-reds which I love. Will have to grab the forthcoming GJ MD-82 as well!