advice on gemini jets klm md11

MH aviation

I am looking for advice on buying a klm md 11 geminijets 1/400 with the goodbye md11 box 2014 release
this guy that i know is asking $100 cad (not on this fourm) should i buy it and re sell it or make him an offer ? is that a good deal?
$100 cad is $70 us
how much does it sell for on ebay?

thanks a lot

matthew

Hi! According to DiMA, the average price of a KLM MD-11 Goodbye is $35.41AUD. This is not the most accurate though as it shows the retail price as well. If I were you, I would buy this from the other forum for $100CAD. There seems to be one on eBay for $114USD, which is probably out of your price range. All-in-all, it ultimately comes up to what your budget is and if you think this other person is trustworthy. Here is the graph of DiMA recorded sales. Thanks :)

Attachments

• 1666562392660.png
    1666562392660.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi! According to DiMA, the average price of a KLM MD-11 Goodbye is $35.41AUD. This is not the most accurate though as it shows the retail price as well. If I were you, I would buy this from the other forum for $100CAD. There seems to be one on eBay for $114USD, which is probably out of your price range. All-in-all, it ultimately comes up to what your budget is and if you think this other person is trustworthy. Here is the graph of DiMA recorded sales. Thanks :)
okay i think i will try to buy it we will see... thank you so much for your help. i appreciate it a lot

thanks
matthew

DiMA is a pretty terrible place to get average prices from as people can enter whatever they please. For example, I find the $19.50 price point very unrealistic as it's less than half of the original retail price. Furthermore the retail price in the US, for example, is different than other parts of the world, but as DiMA mostly registers US sales, anyone living outside of the US will often look like they're overpaying if they compare prices to DiMA.
DiMA also doesn't correct for inflation or adjust for a change in exchange rates.

TL;DR: DiMA average prices mean absolutely nothing and you should only pay for a model what you are comfortable with paying.

As for actual advice regarding the purchase of this model, over here in the Netherlands, the home country of KLM, I have seen this model sell for €120,- from time to time. However, I would suspect a fair price for this model to be more in the €50-€80 range over here. Again, any price is fair for any model as long as you're comfortable paying that without any regrets. After all, sometimes you just gotta catch that golden bird, no matter the costs 😉

DiMA is a pretty terrible place to get average prices from as people can enter whatever they please. For example, I find the $19.50 price point very unrealistic as it's less than half of the original retail price. Furthermore the retail price in the US, for example, is different than other parts of the world, but as DiMA mostly registers US sales, anyone living outside of the US will often look like they're overpaying if they compare prices to DiMA.
DiMA also doesn't correct for inflation or adjust for a change in exchange rates.

TL;DR: DiMA average prices mean absolutely nothing and you should only pay for a model what you are comfortable with paying.

As for actual advice regarding the purchase of this model, over here in the Netherlands, the home country of KLM, I have seen this model sell for €120,- from time to time. However, I would suspect a fair price for this model to be more in the €50-€80 range over here. Again, any price is fair for any model as long as you're comfortable paying that without any regrets. After all, sometimes you just gotta catch that golden bird, no matter the costs 😉
I have not ever used DiMA as a price point. I guess I just put this in as a reference, albeit a worthless one. I do think it is highly unrealistic to have a model, especially a rare one like the KLM MD-11 to have a $35AUD price. As you said, paying what you are most comfortable with and within your budget is the best way to judge if it is worth it!

That plane is so hard to find from what I know. The best bet is to get a watched email for it on eBay and hope to snag one.

Last edited: