JCwings KLM B747-400 PH-BFG with Aviationtag Review!

Mark22

Recently JCwings released a KLM B747-400 in the 2003 scheme, which I believe they normally aren't allowed to produce because of GeminiJets. But it seems like a collaboration with Aviationtag made it possible, so I got one and made a review on it. The livery is done very nicely, but it suffers from typical JC issues, read the full review here:

What do you guys think of models that come with a tag? I know some don't like it because they don't care about the tag but still have to pay for it.

thumbnails.jpg

I really like the mould, but that nose gear is terrible. Too short and your model have it badly placed... inclined forward, like an A320 or MD-11 :cry:
Abou the tag, it's frustrating to pay more because of it! I want the model, not the tag...

Last edited:
They really need to increase the height of the landing gear!

The tags are something that puts me off, as are the BB stickers. Nice but not something I want to pay for myself
I can understand the tag as otherwise we wouldn't have had this model at all, but the sticker of BB are annoying indeed. Does anyone really use them?

And I thought the engines seemed too low to the ground because of how they are placed on the pylons, but now you mention it, it's probably because of the short gears 🫤

The tags are something that puts me off, as are the BB stickers. Nice but not something I want to pay for myself
Must be the car salesman in @samleung. You can’t buy a new car without all the unnecessary extra$ 😝

I don’t mi d the tag too much. But the “free” sticker that you (must) get with the overpriced 747s cracks me up.

I have pre-ordered this model, however in light of NG's announcement and that nose gear, I may hold off. No tag came with my recent Air India 744 acquisition, but thankfully no crooked messed up nose gear either. Something, I would imagine, NG won't muck up. Cheers for the review! S

@Purpleplane and I have a small collection of MotoArt tags of aircraft that were historically associated with the IND old terminal, in the paint they wore for their final flight into IND. So in other words, not only has the metal been to IND... but so has the paint!

Concourse A: Northwest, TWA, and Eastern DC-9s
Concourse B: Delta MD-88, American MD-80 (only available to AA employees; I found one on eBay for an unexpectedly low price!)
Concourse C: United 727, Southwest 737
Concourse D: USAir 737-200, Allegheny BAC-111

I consider the collection basically complete at this point as every airline is represented which had aircraft scrapped in the paint they wore for their final visit to IND. The only exceptions would be Continental or ATA but I don't know if there's any material from those still in existence or not.

@Purpleplane and I have a small collection of MotoArt tags of aircraft that were historically associated with the IND old terminal, in the paint they wore for their final flight into IND. So in other words, not only has the metal been to IND... but so has the paint!

Concourse A: Northwest, TWA, and Eastern DC-9s
Concourse B: Delta MD-88, American MD-80 (only available to AA employees; I found one on eBay for an unexpectedly low price!)
Concourse C: United 727, Southwest 737
Concourse D: USAir 737-200, Allegheny BAC-111

I consider the collection basically complete at this point as every airline is represented which had aircraft scrapped in the paint they wore for their final visit to IND. The only exceptions would be Continental or ATA but I don't know if there's any material from those still in existence or not.
If my memory serves me correctly, there is an ex-ATA L-1011 parked at Ras Al Khaimah(UAE) that's been parked there for years and still has the basic ATA colors on it. Not sure if it's still there today or if it's been scraped, but that might be your best bet for some ATA metal

If my memory serves me correctly, there is an ex-ATA L-1011 parked at Ras Al Khaimah(UAE) that's been parked there for years and still has the basic ATA colors on it. Not sure if it's still there today or if it's been scraped, but that might be your best bet for some ATA metal
From what info I dug up, it's an L1011-500...N162AT... shows withdrawn from use, but not broken up yet.

From what info I dug up, it's an L1011-500...N162AT... shows withdrawn from use, but not broken up yet.
There are actually four of them at the airport. One is standing in a crowded corner along with alot of othe classic planes (DC-8, 727 etc) and the rest are at the opposit side of the airport. Very interesting to see actually

In light if what's coming and with the JC mould/gear issues, for me the only reason now to get the JC 744s is for their FD configs as they look spectacular especially on the stands with the tilting gears . Indeed, wherever possible I have only being going in for that.