MADb Model Database Updates

Is there a way for me to see if my photos have been approved? and is there also a way to see if the model that we added from the "add model" button has been approved aswell?

Just joined, loving it so far! Was wondering if there is a way to indicate that you have duplicates of an individual model.
Not at this time. If more people ask for this, I can probably come up with something. For now, I recommend keeping it in the note in your entry details (which you can edit from the model page)

Hi! I would like to ask if could be possible to add an estimated value of each model and in case of the custom, We can add manually the estimated value.

Also I would like to suggest a custom model brand and airlines

There is an interesting discussion about this over at DIMA. I found this post particularly interesting. Looks like Waffle himself has been involved with the database long before DiMA.

More info keeps appearing as we go.

I never thought copying the DiMA data was a good idea, but also understood that we could use a modern database, and that the data is public.

Maybe some sort of agreement could have been reach with Waffle? Where there talks about purchasing the database?

There is an interesting discussion about this over at DIMA. I found this post particularly interesting. Looks like Waffle himself has been involved with the database long before DiMA.

More info keeps appearing as we go.
It's no secret that Waffle was involved at DAC but there was a massive falling out as far as I understand. It certainly wasn't amicable, which is why he doesn't post there now. In fact wasn't he banned?
Maybe some sort of agreement could have been reach with Waffle? Where there talks about purchasing the database?
Which fantasy universe are you inhabiting with this comment Jorge?

Anyway, since Waffle has decided to post private messages between us and spin a story making him a victim and blaming me for DIMA being hidden, here is my side of the story, complete with screenshots that prove I'm not lying:

I imagine @Jazajia you'll be surprised by how restrained my response is when he calls my wife the C word and my son the B word!

My god why can't this community just be normal for once... Always all this childish infighting and jealousy everywhere...

I'm sorry to read the conversation between you and Mika, Richard. None of that was deserved.
That's why I appreciate this forum. There appears to be much less of that kind of stuff here than elsewhere. Really, there seem to be only a few main instigators of it, and unfortunately one of them is a manufacturer who lots of us with "classic era" interests depend on, and the other is a retailer who lots of us rely on for stuff we can't find anywhere else. I think both of these could use some competition, personally. Imagine all-new 727 and DC-9 and 737 Classic molds done to today's standards, in paint schemes that the collectors have been clamoring for.

That's why I appreciate this forum. There appears to be much less of that kind of stuff here than elsewhere. Really, there seem to be only a few main instigators of it, and unfortunately one of them is a manufacturer who lots of us with "classic era" interests depend on, and the other is a retailer who lots of us rely on for stuff we can't find anywhere else. I think both of these could use some competition, personally. Imagine all-new 727 and DC-9 and 737 Classic molds done to today's standards, in paint schemes that the collectors have been clamoring for.
There is competition for that said retailer, there are plenty of folks who sell older release models and collections. Folks need to expand their horizons and see that. We are one and there are more out there. It’s more of a conditioned response that he has the older stuff, not true. eBay finds his broader audience.

Just had a first look at this database and while scrolling though the "about" section I found something to nitpick 🙃:unsure:
madb.JPG
The DC-10 (even though it was named a "DC") was the first commercial airliner developed post-merger, hence it's a "McDonnell Douglas DC-10"

Is there some kind of search function? I can't find any.

Just had a first look at this database and while scrolling though the "about" section I found something to nitpick 🙃:unsure:
View attachment 30919
The DC-10 (even though it was named a "DC") was the first commercial airliner developed post-merger, hence it's a "McDonnell Douglas DC-10"
Good spot - I just changed it to be McDonnell Douglas DC-10 and put it under the right heading.
The search is the filter to the left of the db entries. Here I have the scale filtered

1719949040594.png

And I've updated the info page. Thanks for pointing this out!
As Rich pointed out, all the search functionality is built in to the filters.
But if you are also just curious as to what airlines and aircraft are in the database, you can also search the info pages:

It's no secret that Waffle was involved at DAC but there was a massive falling out as far as I understand. It certainly wasn't amicable, which is why he doesn't post there now. In fact wasn't he banned?

Which fantasy universe are you inhabiting with this comment Jorge?

Anyway, since Waffle has decided to post private messages between us and spin a story making him a victim and blaming me for DIMA being hidden, here is my side of the story, complete with screenshots that prove I'm not lying:

I imagine @Jazajia you'll be surprised by how restrained my response is when he calls my wife the C word and my son the B word!
Michael (waffle) and Todd, the former owners of wings900, sold the database almost 15-20 years ago to https://www.hobbydb.com. Latter still exist and has a huge toy database. I have no clue how accurate it is, especially for our market.
After they sold it, Michael copied the whole database and set up DIMA. Maybe you remember Richard that we operated scale600, which used the wings900 database. That's why there are still tons of Schabak pictures from you and me on DIMA and hobbydb.com
BTW I didn`t saw a single cent from them, even I had spent months on the database.