3D printed models

I have done my research and figured out

That you dont want to 3D print diecast

Its a sand type printing snd you have to have a kiln

Machines range from 100k plus better off making your own zinc mould at around 40k

I do some printing work and had a dc-9 i think i just stopped it since I dont have time right now
And let's not forget that with the machine alone you're not done.
A full SLM/SLS equipment for example may need "clean" rooms, ventialtion systems, ex protection and all the safety stuff to operate. Our SLAs already run in a seperate, locked and ventilated room and the ordinary FDM can only run at my office due to its filtering housing.

I think I really need to try 3D-printing for modeling. Had a set of Comtran hushkits for IF200 707 on my to-do list for many years. Always wanted a scratch build but might go the 3D way these days. If only I had the time for CAD...

So you're talking about 3D printing a wax master and using that to make a mold? I was wondering about 3D printing directly in resin. There's a guy on Facebook who's done some that way and they look pretty good to me...
I myself do that ill attach a few photos

Take some notes that the 707 does have fanblades hush kit antennas etc

I used to print a lot but have no time now
DSC_0328.jpgDSC_0748-2.jpg

And let's not forget that with the machine alone you're not done.
A full SLM/SLS equipment for example may need "clean" rooms, ventialtion systems, ex protection and all the safety stuff to operate. Our SLAs already run in a seperate, locked and ventilated room and the ordinary FDM can only run at my office due to its filtering housing.

I think I really need to try 3D-printing for modeling. Had a set of Comtran hushkits for IF200 707 on my to-do list for many years. Always wanted a scratch build but might go the 3D way these days. If only I had the time for CAD...
Yeah there is a ton of issues with ventilation and in general a pain would not reccomend