Upcoming Airline Collectibles Shows

I wish haha, not this time around. AI 2023 will likely be my next one.

I was hoping to hit several this season, but life happened for me right over this year's AI in Chicago. Then I also was off from work for Newark and this last Chicago one about a week and a half ago, but just couldn't bring myself to take the trek up to any of those places on my days off... Going to the Houston one because it's a 20-minute drive.

Thinking with a cold head, I think AI 2023 in Dallas is doable for me, it is a short commute from Houston, and I have relatives there. We visit the city at least once a year as it is. Plus, due to the large attendance, it is likely worthwhile.
I think Cleveland also has a show but I don't think it has that high of an attendance either.

I wouldn't think the Cleveland one draws a particularly large attendance either.

Does Los Angeles have any of these Airliner Collectable shows? I tried finding information about any online but all I find are the past airliner’s international shows that happened in LA with the last one happening back in 2014.

Yeah... that's a bit out of my way. I did look and see if I could "happen to be" in FRA that day, but it didn't happen. I'm sure it's going to be great too.
I wish I could "happen to be" in FRA too. But I think the difference for me is I pretty much live on the other side of the world! :ROFLMAO: One day though... 🤞

I spent two very enjoyable hours at the airline collectibles show at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum on the grounds of Houston Hobby Airport. The show is never Texas-sized, and this year it was particularly quiet, presumably because many sellers were at the Frankfurt show, but it was a good time nonetheless, and I did bring home a few goodies!

Attachments

• IMG_2402.jpg
    IMG_2402.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_1167.jpg
    DSC_1167.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC_1169.jpg
    DSC_1169.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC_1174.jpg
    DSC_1174.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC_1173.jpg
    DSC_1173.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC_1175.jpg
    DSC_1175.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC_1168.jpg
    DSC_1168.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_1171.jpg
    DSC_1171.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Hey everyone! I'm desperately trying to find these models, if somehow anyone of you come across these at any of these shows, would it be possible to purchase them and send them to Sydney Australia? Definitely will pay for them + the shipping + a medium cash incentive for your efforts!

Please send me a PM if you're willing to! :D
Thanks!

Hey, I did look for your models around the Houston show, but no luck. Though this year a few 1:400 gems did pop up, which is rare for this show.

I spent two very enjoyable hours at the airline collectibles show at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum on the grounds of Houston Hobby Airport. The show is never Texas-sized, and this year it was particularly quiet, presumably because many sellers were at the Frankfurt show, but it was a good time nonetheless, and I did bring home a few goodies!
Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the new acquisitions!

Looked like a good show despite the smaller turnout.

Haven’t heard too much about Texan Airplane Store who I see in one of the photos; are they good? Been thinking about buying from them but haven’t done so as I wanted to hear what others thought.

Looked like a good show despite the smaller turnout.

Haven’t heard too much about Texan Airplane Store who I see in one of the photos; are they good? Been thinking about buying from them but haven’t done so as I wanted to hear what others thought.

I bought a model from him today at the show, so not sure about shipping but he seemed serious. He is an official distributor for NG, GJ, JC, and Panda, but so far only carries NG and GJ, and some limited Panda. I didn't ask details, but I presume he wants to get a foothold in the business before loading up with JC stock on top of what he already has. Competition among retailers is getting fierce here in the U.S. I see the benefits for us as collectors as many are offering real discounts and free shipping. I have been wanting to buy from Midwest also, but there are only so many models I need to buy.

This is not Airliners International, this is their local show. Airliners International 2023 will also be in DFW but in June.

IMG_2413.jpg