767s Galore

Jazajia

This is the kind of stuff that I post on my content-dumping thread, but since I have so much 767 material I decided to create this.

In late 2022 I got the following BigBird/Aeroclassics examples from Facebook, eBay, and Waffle respectively. Little did I know that the 767 was about to become the fastest-growing type in my collection in 2023.

DSC_0551.jpg

In 2023 I found myself inside the 400 Scale Hangar Club, which that year released model 58, an Air Newzealand 767-200 on the Aeroclassics mold.

DSC_2259.jpg

A "Latin six seven" appreciation shot that I took during shelf dusting sometime in 2023 and never got around to posting up until today:

From top left clockwise:

- The old, original, GeminiJets mold
-The JC Wings mold, a modernized version of the GJ mold mentioned above. The tail cone seam was eliminated, and antennas and modernized landing gear were added.
- Good old Dragon Wings mold.
- The BigBird/Aeroclassics mold. Also one of the highflyers of my collection, I love those late 1980s Lan Chile colors.
- The Phoenix mold, the largest responsible for the influx of 767-300s in my collection during 2023, and apparently 2024.

DSC_1944.jpg

In 2023 Gemini Jets launched their 767-400 mold and I had to take a look at it. The United release proved perfect for that purpose. Below it sits next to a Continental example by Dragon Wings:

DSC_2305.jpg

This nice Aeroclassics Air Japan (ANA) example presented itself as a nice surprise while browsing AirplaneReplicas' inventory:

DSC_2910.png

Finally, Phoenix has been putting their quite nice 767-300 mold to good use releasing many 1990s subjects from Europe and North America that fit into my collection with ease:

I always thought these three liveries from the 1980s/1990s period looked like they shared the same lineage. Phoenix allows for a good comparison. So 1990s...

DSC_3076.jpg

Another comparison between a modern-day example, this time by Phoenix, vs. an older Dragon Wings.

DSC_3050.jpg

Soon I shall be able to continue adding to this thread when the recent Aeroclassics AA 762 arrives, which will also be compared with a Dragon Wings example I own. The Phoenix Lauda Air example is also on pre-order.

Benefits of photographing a mirror ✌️:

DSC_2928.jpg

These are beautiful! I love the 767 and hope to add some more to my collection.
Eagerly waiting to see the Lauda Air version. I plan to have one too.

The pic of the six Latin American 767s... wow. Should we say "the good livery airline club"? Not a single bad livery was given that day :cool:
The same goes with the BA, Canadian and UA Battleship trio. There's something about navy blue bellies which scream "Elegant" for me. Absolutely approved!

Wow it seems that 767 made your 2023! I guess with the recent announcements, we will have even more 767s this year from Phoenix. The recent Lauda Air is a nice surprise, though it does not bear the older livery - which many collectors want from what I read. I myself haven’t got any PHX 767s laat year but things might change! And I really admire the diversity you have there.

These are beautiful! I love the 767 and hope to add some more to my collection.
Eagerly waiting to see the Lauda Air version. I plan to have one too.

Lauda is going to take a while, after CNY.

The pic of the six Latin American 767s... wow. Should we say "the good livery airline club"? Not a single bad livery was given that day :cool:
The same goes with the BA, Canadian and UA Battleship trio. There's something about navy blue bellies which scream "Elegant" for me. Absolutely approved!

I know, although I'm not a huge fan of the blue top Lan Chile colors, I have it because it fit the period represented by my old diorama. Aside from that, they are all stunners.

I bought the Varig one on a visit to Grayland Station in Chicago in December 2020. The model was released in 2016 so I was not aware of its existence. I'm surprised it sat that long on retailer's shelves. Looks like they have largely been wiped out by now.

Wow it seems that 767 made your 2023! I guess with the recent announcements, we will have even more 767s this year from Phoenix. The recent Lauda Air is a nice surprise, though it does not bear the older livery - which many collectors want from what I read.

Honestly, I had to look up some photos to see the difference between the two Lauda liveries. Looks like a minor variation and the one released by Phoenix was seen during the tail end of the 1990s, visited Kai Tak and all that, so I'm good with it 😅.

I myself haven’t got any PHX 767s laat year but things might change! And I really admire the diversity you have there.

Thanks! The ANA and Air New Zealand helped balance out my heavy focus on Europe and The Americas.

Lauda is going to take a while, after CNY.

I know, although I'm not a huge fan of the blue top Lan Chile colors, I have it because it fit the period represented by my old diorama. Aside from that, they are all stunners.

No worries about the Lauda, it's not a top priority for me at the moment. I'll only snap it if I find a good deal.

About the Lan Chile with the blue top... I think it's a wonderful livery.
Lan Chile always had some beautiful liveries, including the later LAN colors. Things went deep south when LATAM was born.

British Airways Boeing 767-336ER Landor C/S with The World's Biggest Offer titles (In case you couldn't figure all that out on your own 😄) Phoenix 1:400

I have to say, the pearl grey Phoenix uses is much too pale.

DSC_3069.jpgDSC_3070.jpgDSC_3075.jpg

Wow the UA looks killer! Looks like they've done a fabulous job. Not my preferred UA scheme - but this model is really tempting!

Comparison between the recent Aeroclassics vs. an ancient DW.

I would watch the video and read the article as they are slightly different. Both are fairly brief too.

Another old/recent group shot with two Aeroclassics and two JC's. Since then yet another JC KLM has been released, so not rare anymore.

1708364859431.png

Gimli glider waiting at home, so it shall make an appearance around here in the not so distant future, provided that it is in one piece, of course. It is not rare for me to arrive home to find rattling boxes 😱