767s Galore

I could tell this was going to become a bit of a trend, hence this thread. And it is a 767 galore over at the site; some already shared here, some not:

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 9.55.10 PM.png

I'll spare you the trouble of going there, here are the new ones:

Older brother and younger brother:

DSC_3255.jpg

With little brother (they share the same type rating - at least in the U.S.- so the 75 gets a free pass in this thread...):

DSC_3254.jpg

You may or may not recall that I showed that UPS 767 with winglets on the "new arrivals" thread and had a number of complaints about it, one of the biggest ones was a quite badly bent winglet. I managed to fix it up quite a bit. If you look closely, you can find the winglet that had to be bent into proper place at home. You can see the wing piece does not fit tightly onto the fuselage, but nothing I could do about it. It's alright...

DSC_3257.jpgDSC_3259.jpg

Last but not least, the Gimli Glider. Already shared on the "new arrivals" thread, but had to be posted here too. I'm glad I decided to take those photos like that... check out the subtle maple leaves in the box artwork...

DSC_3248.jpg

I could tell this was going to become a bit of a trend, hence this thread. And it is a 767 galore over at the site; some already shared here, some not:

View attachment 27902

I'll spare you the trouble of going there, here are the new ones:

Older brother and younger brother:

View attachment 27903

With little brother (they share the same type rating - at least in the U.S.- so the 75 gets a free pass in this thread...):

View attachment 27904

You may or may not recall that I showed that UPS 767 with winglets on the "new arrivals" thread and had a number of complaints about it, one of the biggest ones was a quite badly bent winglet. I managed to fix it up quite a bit. If you look closely, you can find the winglet that had to be bent into proper place at home. You can see the wing piece does not fit tightly onto the fuselage, but nothing I could do about it. It's alright...

View attachment 27905View attachment 27906

Last but not least, the Gimli Glider. Already shared on the "new arrivals" thread, but had to be posted here too. I'm glad I decided to take those photos like that... check out the subtle maple leaves in the box artwork...

View attachment 27907

You did a great work on the winglet of that UPS 767! It really looks fine now :)

The Gimli Glider is also a very cool model. Maybe the gears look a bit short though. I wish JC could release more B762s but they seem to focus on the B763 instead.

You did a great work on the winglet of that UPS 767! It really looks fine now :)

The Gimli Glider is also a very cool model. Maybe the gears look a bit short though. I wish JC could release more B762s but they seem to focus on the B763 instead.
I was under the impression that the moment I touched that winglet it was going to snap. Those things are very malleable actually.

I sat on the Gimli Glider for a while, but I knew it was a matter of time before I gave in. I remember watching the documentary on Discovery Channel as a child. Conversation starter. JC did a really good job too. I would pay for the HYJL Azores glider also if I could find one. Same deal, a classic Mayday air disasters episode. I also have relatives in Montreal and they always tell me about how Piché is a celebrity in the city.