Phoenix September 2024 release

DTcustoms

Phoenix has just announced their Sep release which has more models than usual, this time featuring their new C919 mould

A321neo Etihad Airways A6-AEN "20 years" special livery
A321neo Iberia EC-OIL
A330-900 Malaysian Airlines 9M-MNG
A330-900 StarLux Airlines B-58303
A330-900 StarLux Airlines B-58305
A340-200 Mahan Air EP-MJA
A340-300 Air Jamaica 6Y-JMP
A340-600 China Eastern Airlines B-6053 Skyteam c/s
B737-8MAX Ryainair EI-IJT
B747-8 Oman Royal Flight A4O-HMS
B777-300ER Air China B-7973
B777-200ER United Airlines N78004 Evo Blue c/s
B787-10 Etihad Airways A6-BMA "Warner Bros" special livery
B787-10 Korean Air HL8515
B787-10 Singapore Airlines 9V-SCY
Comac C919 Air China B-919X
Comac C919 China Southern Airlines B-919J
IL-96-400T Sky Gates RA-96103
MD-11 Varig PP-VOP early 90s livery

Last edited:
MD-11 Varig PP-VOP early 90s livery

Too bad no 767 this time, but we have this beauty!!! :love:
Will be a gorgeous looking model for sure. However, I'll evaluate if it will be better to replace my old Gemini version for this one.
Despite being more modern, there are some issues with PHX MD-11 which bother me...

Will be a gorgeous looking model for sure. However, I'll evaluate if it will be better to replace my old Gemini version for this one.
Despite being more modern, there are some issues with PHX MD-11 which bother me...
I have the GJ PP-VOQ and am not a big fan of the nose printing, this PH version will be a good complement for me. I will still keep the GJ because of the specific reg, the actual plane carried Ayrton Senna to Sao Paolo for his final resting place.

Very interesting set indeed🤤🤤

The Varig MD-11 is getting my attention - she fills a large gap for my American collection (That's the main livery that VARIG metal wears when they serve HKG)
A340-200 Mahan Air EP-MJA
A340-300 Air Jamaica 6Y-JMP
A340-600 China Eastern Airlines B-6053 Skyteam c/s
The A340 are very interesting and I am gonna get ALL 3 of them - any chanc we see the MU "Expo 2010" B-6055 in the future? :p

I thought somebody else has release "Evo Blue" 772 but it seems like PHX is 2nd - after GJ whom release it in the dreadful pre-2000 cradle mount🫢

The Air China 77W somehow shows PHX commitment to CN metals I guess😂😂😂The A330neos are also rather boring and the issues of the mould prevents me from getting any...

I see 3 4-holers and the 3-holer coming my way.
- Mahan, MU, JM, and the Varig.
Hopefully some Varig 767s soon

And will love that MU A346 Better Life scheme re-release - the earlier was on the older mould version without aerials and the simpler gears

I have the GJ PP-VOQ and am not a big fan of the nose printing, this PH version will be a good complement for me. I will still keep the GJ because of the specific reg, the actual plane carried Ayrton Senna to Sao Paolo for his final resting place.

Agreed about the nose... the cockpit windows are a bit too high. The overwing regs are also wrong: they should be quite large instead of tiny, and should be placed in the middle of the wing instead of near the wingtips.

With all the respect, the GJ verson is a complete disaster. I was desesperately looking for that model and when I finally got it, I sold it right away. I could not stand looking at it. Instead I bought the GJ with the Landor livery which, not being great, is a decent one.
I hope Phoenix does a good job with it, I have the 763 version with the classic livery from them and its a real gem. The 743...we all know what happens with Phoenix and the 747...
Now I´ll have the complete Varig widebodies with classic liveries except the A300, which is extremely hard to find.

With all the respect, the GJ verson is a complete disaster. I was desesperately looking for that model and when I finally got it, I sold it right away. I could not stand looking at it. Instead I bought the GJ with the Landor livery which, not being great, is a decent one.
I hope Phoenix does a good job with it, I have the 763 version with the classic livery from them and its a real gem. The 743...we all know what happens with Phoenix and the 747...
Now I´ll have the complete Varig widebodies with classic liveries except the A300, which is extremely hard to find.

I wouldn't say it's a complete disaster but indeed have many flaws in the livery application... but I can live with them, to be honest. To each their own! I bet this Phoenix will have top notch printing quality, but I dislike the gears and engine pylons in their MD-11s :cry:

I also have the Phoenix 763, amazing model. That model went under the radar for a while I believe, sat at store shelves for a while....

I saw this rel
I saw this release and was immediately intrigued. However, reluctant about the PHX mould. Curious about your thoughts on their MD11. Abraço, S

I've been lazy with getting a Mahan Air A340, seems like this might be my final chance since Phoenix has now made every Mahan Air A340 variant with this one.

That Air Jamaica A340 is tempting not because of the livery, but the history of the aircraft afterwards. It ended up on the Pakistani registrar with AirBlue as AP-EDF for a few years and currently is in service as the Iranian VIP transport as EP-IGA.