Perennial Question - What is Your Rarest 1:400 Model in Your Collection?

For me,
A Phoenix Qantas 747-400ER VH-OEF
And a GJ 1999 BA 777-236ER in the Rendezvous livery (Hong Kong Utopia Project).

I would follow Tung's suggestion to divide the rarest models by brands. The first model that pop out of my head was this Dragon Wings Sample East Touch B747-400 with 12 units ever made, still sold by Johanchan (I got best offer). I like the tilting gear on this model. Besides, DW B747 are also excellent by its overall shape too!
20221025_193532-01.jpeg

For Aeroclassics maybe this Aeroclassics Hangar Club HC002 Drax Air Freight Lockheed L-188 PP-DRX from 1979 James Bond  Moonraker. I got this without its original box nor its certificate. I like to have a variety of classic props for my diorama.
20221025_193427-01.jpeg

I would follow Tung's suggestion to divide the rarest models by brands. The first model that pop out of my head was this Dragon Wings Sample East Touch B747-400 with 12 units ever made, still sold by Johanchan (I got best offer). I like the tilting gear on this model. Besides, DW B747 are also excellent by its overall shape too!
View attachment 3334

For Aeroclassics maybe this Aeroclassics Hangar Club HC002 Drax Air Freight Lockheed L-188 PP-DRX from 1979 James Bond  Moonraker. I got this without its original box nor its certificate. I like to have a variety of classic props for my diorama.
View attachment 3335
Not only that's it a very rare 747 it also looks amazing!!!

By definition, the rarest model that I have has to be a sample by GeminiJets of UPS 727-200 N207UP. No box, only cradle. The original run had too dark of a color (pretty much black instead of brown). Six pieces were produced with the right color afterward, but for some reason never went into full production.

1666746479958.png

wow
By definition, the rarest model that I have has to be a sample by GeminiJets of UPS 727-200 N207UP. No box, only cradle. The original run had too dark of a color (pretty much black instead of brown). Six pieces were produced with the right color afterward, but for some reason never went into full production.

View attachment 3386
Wow! That's very impressive! There are definitely a lot of samples on this thread, it's interesting but not unexpected.

View attachment 3386
I'm no fan of UPS, but that is a nice model.

View attachment 3334

View attachment 3335
The Drax Air is really nice but i have a question about it, how much will this model in Original box with the number card will fetch in auction?

Don't have a ton of rare models, but I did manage to get both the Delta and American CRJ-900s from early 2021, and other that that I have the Gemini United 752 and 753 in the continental globe livery from 2014 I believe and the Stars and Bars retro A320.

I have plenty of rare models but I imagine the rarest one is my cc-150 retro livery, it was a retialer exclusive in 2020 and they only made 100 of them wich is a really low production number and haven’t seen any around sense.
DAC30271-BEAB-4898-8BE6-3BAFDA3D5F10.jpeg

Last edited:
If we look at number made, then for me it's the GeminiJets Ryan Air 737-200 EI-CJE in Jaguar livery, of which (according to DIMA) 6 were made. Also a Gemini Swissair DC-8-32 HB-IDA polished, probably a sample model of which 6 were made. Both for sale by the way.

For "regular" models it's probably the bunch of most recent Hangar Club releases (48 pieces each).

Last edited: