NG Models Rewards Program

Finally got around inputting my cards and seeing how everything works. All the models I could potentially want are gone or require more points than what I have. The ones I have enough points for I don't want even for free. Not really sure how this program could be used in a productive way. Looks like a bit of a lottery.

Although for now I decided to wait until next month to really get into using this exchange program, it would be great to know the process beforehand:

1) After you click on the model of your choice, what sort of information do you have to enter?

2) Retailer list: I know for sure Waffle is part of it but does anyone have this list of retailers that are in this program?

3) Speaking of Waffle, he said the name and email must match between the orders on the NG website and his website. Does that mean we enter a name of the recipient when we order from NG? Using the NG account username for this does not make sense.

Apologies in advance for overly specific questions!

Although for now I decided to wait until next month to really get into using this exchange program, it would be great to know the process beforehand:

1) After you click on the model of your choice, what sort of information do you have to enter?

2) Retailer list: I know for sure Waffle is part of it but does anyone have this list of retailers that are in this program?

3) Speaking of Waffle, he said the name and email must match between the orders on the NG website and his website. Does that mean we enter a name of the recipient when we order from NG? Using the NG account username for this does not make sense.

Apologies in advance for overly specific questions!
It’s all NG Retailers that are part of it, just depends if they charge you shipping or not

Thankfully the "prices" aren't too high at 120 tops, so I'll just wait and drop my 140 or so points on something big.

Highest I've seen this month was the UA 78J at 140. Rest all 120 or below. That's about 10 or so models for one free plane which is exactly what they had promised. Sounds pretty reasonable!
Pricing seems to be loosely based on recency and demand. There are still some models not on this month's offering whose stocks haven't been cleared, so I reckon we'll see those next month along with exclusives.

It's a pipe dream, but it would be cool if the exciting stuff NG's teased for next month is early access to the 747 Classics. An exclusive Pan Am would drive people nuts.

I too have received this email, but I haven't received any confirmation from my dealer yet. My original dealer (Aviation Megastore) declined to participate in the CRP so NG send out a mail if I wanted to switch to Scalemodelstore who had agree to at least participate during the first round of the CRP.

While I think this program is really cool and certainly has a lot of potential, the currenlt lack of communication from NG to their retailers doesn't bode well for future rounds.

Given the way the CRP program is designed to work, it looks as though it won't have much value to myself, unless I've gotten this wrong. There are set windows in which you are able to redeem points for a model. Once these windows have been closed you have to then wait until the next window is open, in order to redeem again.

As I collect very specific classic releases on their L-1011 & B.747-SP toolings only (and possibly on the TU-154 toolings if anything I want is made on those eventually), it's highly unlikely I'll get a chance to redeem anything, as the particular releases I collect tend to sell out at distribution level fairly quickly, and depending on the timing of the portal being open to claim anything, means getting a free classic L-1011/SP release would be exceptionally difficult?

If you were able to redeem the points whenever you wanted against a purchase that would have been great but as I thought there's no such thing as a free lunch and this has been designed (quite cleverly) to clear out NG's inventory backlog in a hierarchical manner depending on release type, subject and collector value - meaning my potentially free models are right at the bottom of the pile in terms of their redeemability! (I wouldn’t have run the risk of waiting for the next window to open in order to potentially claim a free Saudia delivery c/s L-1011 for example, which has sold out on preorder at my retailer but currently shown as 'delayed' on NG’s database).

So depending on what you collect, this system has more/less value in terms of what would be actually available to redeem at the time these windows are open.

Last edited: