MADb Model Database Updates

Don't really have a way for users to delete pending models yet, or for that matter see what is pending. Which one is it and we'll take care of it?

One is Icelandair B753 TF-FIX. Made by Gemini Jets (and supplied by GJ to Schuco) Schuco. I clicked GJ before I saw Schuco which is the one I got.

To clarify, this is regarding my own collection. Not a general thing to delete a model from the data base.

To clarify, this is regarding my own collection. Not a general thing to delete a model from the data base.
Oh, in that case, just click the check mark once to bring up the selector, then click the checkmark in the popup and it will be unselected.

I do have one question. Will there eventually be a field for the number of units produced for each model (if known)?

That already exists.

And just to note for any photos submitted: if they are for 400 scale brands that Rich has not gotten to yet, I will leave them pending until he has gone through them. Then we will approve any that are still missing photos. So if you don't see your photos approved in the next few hours, do not worry. They are still being saved and we will get to them soon enough. Thank you for your contributions!

That already exists.

And just to note for any photos submitted: if they are for 400 scale brands that Rich has not gotten to yet, I will leave them pending until he has gone through them. Then we will approve any that are still missing photos. So if you don't see your photos approved in the next few hours, do not worry. They are still being saved and we will get to them soon enough. Thank you for your contributions!
Yes, I see that now. Hopefully we can get some production numbers after 2008.

Screenshot_20240627-223358_Samsung Internet.jpg
It seems that Waffle has taken down the 1/400 and 1/200 parts of DiMa because of this new database. Disappointing that this happened as I quite liked looking through that database and the images that it had.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240627-222932_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240627-222932_Samsung Internet.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 7
Waffle had been threatening to close DIMA since earlier in the year the last time people got upset with him on Facebook. It is one of the major reasons I decided to get involved with MADb. He just couldn't be trusted to not throw a tantrum and close it, which he literally just did.

The DIMA database still exists he has just turned off the checkbox that makes it visible for the public.

That's a bit of a weird move by waffle, I just don't understand why remove 1/400 and 1/200 entirely. And didn't waffle used the database to show what models they have for sale?

That's a bit of a weird move by waffle, I just don't understand why remove 1/400 and 1/200 entirely. And didn't waffle used the database to show what models they have for sale?
He still has and will use the database, he's just not letting people see it. It is just a big FY to all collectors because Waffle is Waffle

It's funny when someone refuses to update their website/product to modern standards and points fingers at whoever does. Although I can understand that Waffle is frustrated that years of manually added models are copy pasted somewhere else.
The source of MADb isn't entirely made up of DIMA. If it were the dbs would be the same and they aren't. Also if it is an Aeroclassics or Panda Models or something more unusual added over the past 6 years then I was the one who added it in the first place. The original DAc data was sourced from a wide variety of places - for example I added almost all the thousands of 600 scale records myself too.

DIMA existed because it looked like DAC was dying and because Waffle uses the db to run his store. The fact that he has just given two fingers to all the collectors who used it to store their collections illustrates the central issue here for me.