MADb Model Database Updates

Is there a way to add any of the customs I've made? Also different materials, say resin or 3d printed.

I just started to input my collection today. I must say it is very easy to search and find within the data base. However, coming to B, I’ve already found missing models. I have sent a feed-back on this. Work continues….
Steinar

Hi again. Since I have photos of all my models I’m more than happy to share/upload photos to the data base. I have uploaded a few as a test to see if these are useful or not ( different kind of photos).
Steinar

I noticed that whenever I upload more than one picture and it gets approved, the second one is used as thumbnail. Is this intentional?
I doubt it. Probably a bug. Where have you added images?
I'm finding a lot of the MAXs are labeled wrong as -100, -700,-800.-900.

Are 777-200LR/-300ER different enough to add an additional type.

If the model isn't under one of the brands I've cleaned (see list above) then the record may well not be correct and will be fixed up as I get to it

I just started to input my collection today. I must say it is very easy to search and find within the data base. However, coming to B, I’ve already found missing models. I have sent a feed-back on this. Work continues….
Steinar

Aeroclassics is going to be the last brand that gets fixed up because it is the most trouble in terms of me getting images ready (just the sheer volume) and because AC has by far and away the most models of any brand.

I haven't got to Gemini, NG, Phoenix, JC or Aeroclassics yet. With the volume of records that still need cleaning if you are uploading your collection be aware that there will almost certainly be missing models, incorrect records and such at this point. Also you might put a record in your collection only for that to be changed later as the need arises. Basically at this point putting your collection in is fine but be aware it may not be 100% accurate yet.

I'll get to fixing all the records as soon as I can but it's a massive job.

Aeroclassics is going to be the last brand that gets fixed up because it is the most trouble in terms of me getting images ready (just the sheer volume) and because AC has by far and away the most models of any brand.

I haven't got to Gemini, NG, Phoenix, JC or Aeroclassics yet. With the volume of records that still need cleaning if you are uploading your collection be aware that there will almost certainly be missing models, incorrect records and such at this point. Also you might put a record in your collection only for that to be changed later as the need arises. Basically at this point putting your collection in is fine but be aware it may not be 100% accurate yet.

I'll get to fixing all the records as soon as I can but it's a massive job.
Thanks Richard. I fully understand the work needed to make the data base working. I will take notes on whats missing from my collection and let you know later. I’m very happy that the data base works really well.
Steinar

I noticed that whenever I upload more than one picture and it gets approved, the second one is used as thumbnail. Is this intentional?
No, it should be using the first picture for the thumbnail. I'll look into this.
Unsolicited feedback 😅 but when you pull up the list of aircraft after selecting say scale and manufacturer, the list lags while scrolling through it. Likely due to the volume of items because once you go to the airline list it doesn’t lag.

Edit: On mobile, iOS specifically
Feedback welcomed! I will see what I can do to improve the performance
Is there a way to add any of the customs I've made? Also different materials, say resin or 3d printed.
Yes, custom entrys will be coming soon.
Basically at this point putting your collection in is fine but be aware it may not be 100% accurate yet.
Excellent point.

I have a lot of models in my collection that require pictures in the database from what I see. Will try my best to contribute

One issue:

The function to select additional images for upload is not working for me. So if I have photos of a model in different folders and don't want to consolidate them in one folder only for submission to MAD-Bee (😡 🐝) I have to do multiple uploads.

One question:

I understand the photo requirements. But how strict are we going to be with the plain background requirement? I understand where you are coming from, but as someone who has had to deal with many screeners and who screens photos myself, I know there are exceptions. For instance, many of the GJ stock photos are in a diorama setup and I can see some have already made their way into MAD-Bee. I'd imagine at some point some photos from the Brinkley Wings Collection will unavoidably find their way in (I hope so, even if it is only for nostalgia's sake).

Most of the photos that I currently take are against a plain background, but many of my pre-2019 photos were in my diorama.

Will you guys accept something like this, for example:

DSC_0244_2.jpgDSC_0237_2.jpg

I know something like this is out of the question, and something like this is ideal. But what about the ones above?

Thanks,

The function to select additional images for upload is not working for me. So if I have photos of a model in different folders and don't want to consolidate them in one folder only for submission to MAD-Bee (😡 🐝) I have to do multiple uploads.
I'll look into this.
I understand the photo requirements. But how strict are we going to be with the plain background requirement?
I think what I meant is that we don't want photos with a bunch of other things going on around the aircraft (GSE, other models, etc). Those dioramas ones you show as an example look fine because the background is out of focus - doesn't detract from the model itself. I may change the wording for that requirement.

I'll look into this.

I think what I meant is that we don't want photos with a bunch of other things going on around the aircraft (GSE, other models, etc). Those dioramas ones you show as an example look fine because the background is out of focus - doesn't detract from the model itself. I may change the wording for that requirement.

Thanks.

For photos the ideal main photo is a side shot with the aircraft facing left like the sort NG take below where you can clearly see the undercarriage:

10008_1__51615.jpg

If providing a couple of secondary shots then another facing the opposite direction and then others at angles are ideal.

Photos taken against neutral backgrounds are perfect so we get a form of standardised imagery but as Jorge showed other shots are viable.

At present it would make my life easier if people only provided shots of the missing images for models that I have already cleaned so from the following brands:

737Club
Altitude Models
Apollo
Aurora Models
Aviation400 OLD
Aviation400 NEW
BigBird
BigBird Mk2
BigBird Mk3
Binary Star
Black Box
Blue Box
C Models
Dream Air
El Aviador 400
HYJLwings
Inflight400
Miniature Models
NetModels
Panda Models
Retro Models
Seattle Model Co
Sovereign Models
Undefined Collectibles
Witty Wings
Yu ModeL

And newly cleaned:

Buchannan
Golden Wings
Pegasus
Sonic Wings

Providing shots of other brands (which I admit probably make up 90% of your collection) may well be needed in the future but until the records are cleaned it may well be better to wait in case the images don't match an incorrect record or the record gets cleaned (or even deleted if it turns out to be a duplicate).

Lastly I am trying to source standard photos from Aviation400 and NG Models (I already have tons from JC Wings), which will likely take priority over other photos for those brands since the images are usually excellent. Gemini's standard photos are less useful and so that is an area where user photos will almost certainly be much more useful.

Ok. Another smaller brand is done - TucanoLine (not including the Dragon models made for them,which I'll get to later) We're rather lacking photos for old Tucanos so if you have any please add away.

Next I'm moving to Jet-X, which is a bigger beast. I've checked through the 527 records we have but now the task of adding photos starts and I have a lot courtesy of the JC database. Hopefully make some progress on those tomorrow. Night all!

I've been taking pictures in this format of my collection. I know it isn't the ideal point of view, but if it helps I can share the pictures of whatever I have.

Attachments

• IMG_20240516_170833.jpg
    IMG_20240516_170833.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240516_171445.jpg
    IMG_20240516_171445.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240517_192929.jpg
    IMG_20240517_192929.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
I've been taking pictures in this format of my collection. I know it isn't the ideal point of view, but if it helps I can share the pictures of whatever I have.
Thanks. Yeah that's not perfect but if we can't get better photos for a model then I'm sure we'll take them and it'll be better to have more photos than less anyway so they'll still be valuable.

Rather than sharing photos you are able to add them against models yourself record per record. However, as I said if we can hold off for brands I haven't completed cleaning for at the moment that would be great.

The Jet-X records have been updated with photos. Despite a good haul from the JC database and 50 or so from my collection there's still probably only about 25% coverage so if you have any Jet-X models please go wild adding them! For these older brands photo quality is definitely less of an issue. Just good to get an image.

Now I have added 2/3 of my collection. Impressed how easy and quick it is to add a model. Found some content issues and missing midels today but that will be on a list when ready.

One thing though, how to delete a wrong input model?

Steinar