JAL A359 Collision at Haneda

It's heartbreaking to see such a marvel of engineering in a smouldering wreck... I hope the 5 unaccounted for on the Dash 8 survive. 😢

It's heartbreaking to see such a marvel of engineering in a smouldering wreck... I hope the 5 unaccounted for on the Dash 8 survive. 😢
Transport minister's confirmed they're gone, huge shame. Hope the families will be alright.

I never thought we'd see a 350 bite it before a 787. The post-crash structural analysis should be interesting, as this is the first CFRP plane that's been totaled.

Transport minister's confirmed they're gone, huge shame. Hope the families will be alright.

I never thought we'd see a 350 bite it before a 787. The post-crash structural analysis should be interesting, as this is the first CFRP plane that's been totaled.
Nor did I. To be honest I never thought we'd even see an A350 totalled.

It's impressive they got everyone out in time, the crew did an excellent job. From the videos taken inside the cabin everyone seems relatively calm.

This comes at a time when Japan is also being hit by a series of devastating earthquakes. A sad way to start the year for Japan.

I was shocked to see the headlines. Such a violent accident in this day and age with all the measures that exist to prevent runway incursions…

Be safe out there fellows.

Nor did I. To be honest I never thought we'd even see an A350 totalled.

It's impressive they got everyone out in time, the crew did an excellent job. From the videos taken inside the cabin everyone seems relatively calm.
They even directed everyone away from the doors behind the #2 engine, which was throwing out sparks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240102_222150_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_222150_X.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 10

Could have been every airframe involved. But I think the pax can call themselves lucky to have CFRP structure around them in this case.

Latest info says the captain was the last to leave the plane, 18 minutes after the crash - and it is said the crew didn't even realize what had just happened. I think this all quite well shows that CFRP works.

Last edited: