Determining potential Interest

CanJets

Hello all! CanJets here.

We are a new model manufacturing company, aiming to provide more efficiency and collector input into this competitive diecast market. Our hope is to listen to collectors to the best of our ability, and hopefully produce more niche airlines that still appeal to many collectors, particularly in Canada and the United States. Please use this post as a suggestion box in order to help us determine our first few releases.

Last edited:
Hello! It's great to see a new manufacturer enter the playing field, and thank you for choosing MAF as a way of communicating with collectors. I do have a few questions though. What era will you be focusing on, which moulds do you have access to/plan on producing, and do you have an ETA for a first release? I am sure the future will be very exciting!

Hello! Yes, for the time being we have access to both the A320 family, 737 Family (no Max) and will potentially expand our horizons with our own moulds in the future but that is not promised.

In terms of focus, we intend to focus on the modern era of releases but the sky is the limit!

Initial first release will be decided when we can determine what release will be most popular.

Releases will most likely be 1 plane every so often, just so we don’t overwhelm ourselves just yet :)

Hello! Yes, for the time being we have access to both the A320 family, 737 Family (no Max) and will potentially expand our horizons with our own moulds in the future but that is not promised.

In terms of focus, we intend to focus on the modern era of releases but the sky is the limit!

Initial first release will be decided when we can determine what release will be most popular.

Releases will most likely be 1 plane every so often, just so we don’t overwhelm ourselves just yet :)
That's great to hear. Although you have said you wanted to focus on some US/Canadian models, some Australian or New Zealand releases couldn't hurt from time to time! ;) Do you have sample pictures of the moulds yet? Are they completely new or from an existing manufacturer?

New kid on the block 👀

For the first release, as I understand you plan on doing something modern to start off, how about we get a United A320 Evo Blue?
Something retro I’d be interested in is an America West A320 beige livery once you get to that stage.

EDIT: Any concrete plans on what retailers will carry CanJets models? Hopefully some US retailers will join your retailer network in the future.

Hello all! CanJets here.

We are a new model manufacturing company, aiming to provide more efficiency and collector input into this competitive diecast market. Our hope is to listen to collectors to the best of our ability, and hopefully produce more niche airlines that still appeal to many collectors, particularly in Canada and the United States. Please use this post as a suggestion box in order to help us determine our first few releases.
Models i know a lot of Canadian collectors want are
-Air Canada rouge A319
-Rouge A320
-Air Canada A320
-Air Canada 737MAX8
-Lynx 737MAX8
-Nolinor 737-200
-Air North 737-500
personally, i would love to see rouge A319 and Air Canada MAX8

Super exited to see these future releases

It's awesome to see a new model brand! I've got a few suggestions.
  • Alaska 737-800 N534AS (2016 Livery)
  • Allegiant A320 N209NV
  • Spirit A320 N652NK

Attachments

• N209NV.jpg
    N209NV.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 3
  • N652NK.jpg
    N652NK.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • N534AS.jpg
    N534AS.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 5
Although I cannot add to the US wishlists, I can add some suggestions if you ever decide to venture down under.

Jetstar Australia A320-200 VH-VFX
0320.406l.jpg

Virgin Australia B737-800 VH-YIQ
4621.993l.jpg

Also, a United Evo Blue A320 would be nice!

Hello! Welcome to MAF and its nice that we have another model brand with us to bring on some competition! I know you guys intend to do modern era stuff though it would also be nice if you guys ventured into classic narrow bodies. Like a NWA A320 in the bowling shoe livery would be nice. An American 737 or A320 would also be nice. If you guys plan on doing anything like NG's lettuce sandwich Cathay 777 then a Southwest A320 would be fun to have. Anyways I can't wait to see what the future has to hold for you guys!

Hello there. There are so many potentials for Canadian and united states. Perhaps start off with something like
Canadian North 737-200 in polar bear scheme. or what if models:
Wardair MD-80
TWA A330
Northwest A340
Continental A330/A340

Models i know a lot of Canadian collectors want are
-Air Canada rouge A319
-Rouge A320
-Air Canada A320
-Air Canada 737MAX8
-Lynx 737MAX8
-Nolinor 737-200
-Air North 737-500
personally, i would love to see rouge A319 and Air Canada MAX8

Super exited to see these future releases
Would definitely agree with that. Would also include the old livery flair 737 classics. Would also like to see a wide distribution through many of the Canadian store. As a large Canadian collector this has me interested so feel free to reach out to me through instagram about any further releases if in need of ideas.

Presuming you are taking the El Aviador concept and applying to USA/Canada? Lots to do!

some ideas:

odyssey intl 733
UsAir experimental 733
NYAir 733
Continental West 733
America West delivery 320
Carnival 734
Pan Am 734
Delta Ron Allen 733
Delta/Western 733 hybrid
Western Pacific 733
Canadian 320

Great to see a new brand and welcome to the fold! Could you be more specific @CanJets which mould manufacturer you have access to - GJ/JC or Panda or NG or Aeroclassics?
Since you've stated the A320 & 737 families - GJ/JC moulds would need to be ruled out as they're not upto the mark (have completely avoided mentioning Phoenix as their narrows are terrible anyways).
That leaves NG, Panda, Aeroclassics
Awaiting your response!
Thanks

@CanJets Well i have a few questions
1.When is the first release(s) planned?
2.After the a320 and non max 737's what moulds are you planning to make or use?
3.Related to the last question will you be using your own unique mould or partner with a larger manufacturer
4.Which specific 737 variants or a320 variants will you use
5.Will you eventually plan to make releases bi-monthly?
6.How much pieces would you make per release?
and lastly 7.Who will you partner with for moulds if you even will partner with any larger manufacturer

Last edited:
The 1/400 diecast market is already flooded with A320s and B737s. I would love to see some types not yet made and any new manufacturer entering this crowded market needs to be innovative, or they will die. I would love to see more retro types made and if you are thinking of the Canadian market then how about a Bristol 170 Freighter/Wayfarer - TCA, Wardair, Norcanair and RCAF operated them, with many more operators worldwide.

Prime examples are UA Evo Blue A320 and Southwest 73G Heart... There are still lots of "common sights" in the US that are underrepresented in 1/400. In that sense it would never hurt to see more competent offerings for those aircraft types.