Aeroclassics July 2023 speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 'American' in the sense that US state policy financially supports Israel military spending - and also their geo-politics (see the absence of US criticism or reprimand on Israel's continued assault on Palestine).
Yeah, so you'll find that a lot of (especially right / far-right leaning) Americans feel attacked when one questions their support of Israel.........
I guess this comment of mine may come under fire, but well, this is the conversation within geo-politics right now.
Hmm i didn't take that to consideration,

The very fact that no one says anything about the abusive content is an indication of which side they're on.

That's my biggest problem with all this:
I don't want to take sides. I want to discuss models, aviation and I want to slam a model for some stupid error.
400SH is forcing you to take sides (always did) hence I stoped posting there a decade ago with very few exceptions in 2021. Too many lies, insults and deleted posts there for me in earlier years.
I "like" posts by Richard, Andrew or whoever when I like them.
I love my Aeroclassics, I love my NGs and Pandas but I also think that todays Aeroclassics is only a sad shadow of what it once was.

I wish people would stop forcing others to take sides.
Leaders only fight wars when they have active followers.

That's my biggest problem with all this:
I don't want to take sides.
Correct. That discussion or situation should never arise in the first place.
Because a forum on model airplanes is supposed to be a space of objective discussion and debate on ONLY the models and the model manufacturer (read company).
The problem is when a person heading a manufacturer who is unable to make a distinction between the work and the person launches an abrasive personal attack on someone who is objectively reviewing the models - and the person mistaking themselves to be the company - instead of responding objectively to the commentator through the work only, instead launches a whataboutery personal attack to divert attention and avoid any discussion on the models.
This is a classic fascist tactic - let's call it out for what it is - and then @Phantom ,as a conscientious member of the community, one will need to take a side - however uncomfortable it makes one feel - if of course one considers oneself to be a part of the discussion.
It is because sides weren't taken on objective grounds, and the person mistaking himself as a manufacturer wasn't reprimanded at the outset, that there's this monster today that is now creating undue toxicity within a hobby that should be joyous.
The other option is to leave the forums. Watch from the sidelines. Let the monster rampage and hijack conversations and discussions.
Then later, one shouldn't complain at how degraded the hobby has become. Because one will also have been culpable.
And this is no longer hypothetical surprise surprise. We're already there, and this thread, and others, and the dead or otherwise , vicious exchanges on forums, is there to prove it. If we don't wish to see it, well.

Say you have a favorite dish that you have been going to eat at a particular restaurant for decades. Would you enjoy that dish in the same way if served at a different restaurant? 🥧🍴🙂

I think it is their prerogative to request that the hints continue to be a tradition of The Hangar. Anyone is free to create an account and speculate on the monthly Aeroclassic releases over there though.
Good analogy, but if you are banned from 400SH, you can't see the hints or discuss them. Looks like AK enjoys a lack of publicity about Aeroclassics.

I think he meant nobody 18 and younger uses Facebook. You're proving him right :)

My lad's 12 and all his friends are on TikTok, Snapchat or Discord. They do watch a huge amount of Youtube. Even Instagram is a little old world for them. Facebook is definitely the preserve of the 25+ brigade.
im 17 i started collecting at 13-12 something like that the only reason i even know about forums is my dad who used to collect back in the day.
and you correct Richard people that are <14 don't really use insta facebook user are usally over 30

but yeah that was what i meant.
my first ever model was 747-8 Polar air from GJ i will always regret buying 747 because now im addicted to 747s

I'm 20 and can confirm, nobody around that age really uses Facebook. I myself only use it for the 400-scale FB groups. Younger collectors are more active on Discord and Insta, although there seems to be a decent crossover with MAF. DAC, not so much.

I'm 20 and can confirm, nobody around that age really uses Facebook. I myself only use it for the 400-scale FB groups. Younger collectors are more active on Discord and Insta, although there seems to be a decent crossover with MAF. DAC, not so much.
Yeah there are some really great discord groups

Hello planes on a shelf, let's imagine this scenario; (I've kept your real name out of it)

I'm Ramachand, a self proclaimed building inspector in Madras. I write reviews on the comfort of new buildings from my office, given to me by one of the competitors to SBAU, the Calcutta Copycats (CC). They steal the ideas of other companies such as the Bombay Builders (BB) and the Delhi Designers (DD), and are always given the most favorable reviews possible. If BB or DD complain, Ramachand goes to the local Municipality and cries "bullying" and victimhood, while continuing to write his skewed reviews. He equally criticizes SBAU, BB, & DD, while continuing his praise of CC as the greatest thing since sliced bread in the building industry. Ramachand not only criticizes the finished product of SB, BB, & DD, he refers to the owners, such as yourself, as bullies, people with toxic personalities, and just terrible people in general. His blind followers even go so far as to label you a Fascist for daring to stand up to him.
All the companies involved, SBAU, BB, & DD have invested millions of INR in education, payroll, etc. and are contributing to the ever growing skyline of Madras. Ramachand has invested nothing at all; he is just a keyboard warrior reviewing the works of others.
In the Social Media of Builders and Designers, he puts down the work of SBAU, BB, & DD at every chance he gets, while only praising CC, even though one of their buildings had a severe structural defect. Anytime SBAU, BB, or DD would attempt to bring out the facts, Ramachand would have them booted off the social media groups, to make it look like only his word is gospel.
So my question to you is, what would you do about it???!!!

There's 2 sides to every story, and when one side is constantly silenced and deleted, the truth is hard to come out. So who is the Facist now?
Kind Regards!
Andrew Klein

The above post was previously deleted, yet a post by someone else telling me to "fuck off" still remains. You now have the answer why I do what I do.
For the record Adrian, you are not banned from 400SH, you just need to sign in again.

The above post was previously deleted, yet a post by someone else telling me to "fuck off" still remains. You now have the answer why I do what I do.
For the record Adrian, you are not banned from 400SH, you just need to sign in again.
What after Paresh was so rude to me? Not until I get an apology from him. I can do without 400SH and being treated like that. Much prefer reading uncensored 'free speech' among friends here!

I looked everywhere in this thread and i couldn't find where someone told you to fuck off, can anyone direct me to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.