Aeroclassics January speculations

Well, technically there was a gap that did need to be filled here with an original 1970s delivery example on the AC mould, which does have a livery variation too (albeit minor). The registration difference of that original batch was key and unfortunately that’s been stuffed up!

Otherwise, after Air Hawaii I don’t think there’s many other original subjects left to be made on this particular casting - before any other ‘direct’ reissues might be made. Not sure that this is likely to happen though? I think the last few subject variations with particular detail/period differences are now being covered while this mould is still in use?
Viasa 1990s (late 80s) livery is quite popular and the LatinClassics DC-10 was released on the Gemini mold.

There is also Santa Bárbara. Not super popular for sure, but I think it has its appeal.

I wish they would make more latin 727 i have made a list of some never before seen 727-100 which they have a mould for
Yeppp. Latin American ones any aircraft type - such a rich history of aviation - and 727s especially amongst the others - would love to see you share the list - maybe another thread? Just yesterday was looking at the Aviateca heritage and man they had this awesome colourful livery version - the entire aircraft was in hues of red and yellow.
Re-issues of Aerocondor for instance would also be great - such a fantastic livery

Well yeah but Eztoys already uploaded the models last week so the suprise was spoiled for me, if you haven't seen them yet i recommend you wait for the official reveal
Yeah it was posted here on this thread - but I noticed it didn't have the OH- reg that was teased on other forums. Unless I missed it

Yeppp. Latin American ones any aircraft type - such a rich history of aviation - and 727s especially amongst the others - would love to see you share the list - maybe another thread? Just yesterday was looking at the Aviateca heritage and man they had this awesome colourful livery version - the entire aircraft was in hues of red and yellow.
Re-issues of Aerocondor for instance would also be great - such a fantastic livery
I think i will share some the best planes from that list in a thread soon

i just posted the thread with some of the 727s

Again, it's just one of those funny things that happens with these things! At least it isn't an actual printing error and there was actually an aircraft that flew like this, but yeah the more prototypical matching cheat-line 'swoosh' on the #2 does look better. I'd be surprised if we ever see another one but you never know. I won't take the risk and I'll pick this one up, it's a superb classic along with that 1970s Thai...although, dammit, just noticed that the registration is HS-TMC?? Not correct for a 1970s delivery DC-10-30! It should be in the HS-TGA - HS-TGE range. HS-TMC was one of the 3 DC-10-30ER's acquired in 1987-88! The #2 intake cowling should also be unpainted (it looks like it could be white here as per the later batch). Otherwise it does wear the '70s scheme with 'Thai' repeated on the #2, but a bit of a stuff-up with those confused mistakes. I will still get it, along with the Air Hawaii - they are bound to sell out quick I reckon, regardless!
These DC-10s for sure look nice, but they don't fit my narrow criteria, and I'm trying to avoid too many "just because is nice" models in my collection right now. However, purely for academic purposes, I am trying to figure out what is it that is wrong with the Thai DC-10, but can't... It looks correct to me.

These DC-10s for sure look nice, but they don't fit my narrow criteria, and I'm trying to avoid too many "just because is nice" models in my collection right now. However, purely for academic purposes, I am trying to figure out what is it that is wrong with the Thai DC-10, but can't... It looks correct to me.
I'm with you there. It's a battle to not get too many "Just because they're nice" models.

Yes I know what you mean - I'm running out of space fast but have to squeeze these ones in!

This Thai DC-10 was meant to be an original 1970s delivery version - it sports the larger 'Thai' titles repeated on the #2 intake - however the registration applied (HS-TMC) is from a much later batch of 3 DC-10-30ER's acquired in 1987-88, which did not have the livery applied in the same way (no 'Thai' on #2). The #2 intake cowling is also white, whereas the original 1970s delivery batch had these unpainted. The registrations of the original 1970s delivery batch of DC-10-30s are HS-TGA - HS-TGE, so it should be in this range. They were all sold on in 1980 when the airline began operating B.747-200s, and these took on the ex-DC-10 registrations.

Link to my post about this earlier here in this same thread:

https://modelairlinerforum.com/threads/aeroclassics-january-speculations.599/post-9745