Zinc Rot, What is it?

“Zinc Rot” has not effected any Gemini Jets since 2013. So you should not be complaining!
Please stop the satire. The occasional joke is fine but I doubt the real Gemini would appreciate you imitating them.

As for Gemini releases with zinc rot, please. Gemini releases have been the worst effected by rot in recent years, and there are many unhappy collectors out there who have the models to prove it.

Because people still buy them and it doesn't even look so terrible (as long as its fitted well). They won't invest if it still brings in money, it's a business afterall with the primary goal to make money.

86246.1.jpg
Boeing-727-200.jpg

No, that is an Aeroclassics that zinc rotted, stop Berating us and comparing us to NG. They are worse then us!, You are all engaging in a smear campaign.

@Geminijets

It’s not just zinc rot…

Look, I have 32 GeminiJets, out of my 35 plane collection. Most releases aren’t made by other companies. The Finnair A321 shown also had to have a h-stab reglued as well as a JSX E145 had to have its main gear reglued. I’ve had to return 3 planes (Lufthansa A320neo, Delta 737-900ER, Delta 757-300) because of the ignorant way Gemini makes their models nowadays. For example, the A320neo mold is awful and 1/2 models I order come broken. I’ve been a Gemini customer since 2016, and what’s happened since then is unacceptable. If you won’t fix your sh!tty molds and QC, I won’t buy them anymore. Right now NG IS BETTER, they’re miles ahead, so quit complaining until you fix your sh!t. (Also, NG boxes are way cooler)

Stop promising things you’ll never fulfill.
(Edit: I just realized that this isnt the real Gemini but this still applies to GeminiJets)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Hey guys, I don’t think it’s a great idea to keep engaging with this GeminiJets account in this thread. I can understand the occasional joke and whatnot but if it keeps getting replied to or engaged with, then the person behind this account will see it as a good thing and keep on going, and it could get worse as time goes on.

Hey guys, I don’t think it’s a great idea to keep engaging with this GeminiJets account in this thread. I can understand the occasional joke and whatnot but if it keeps getting replied to or engaged with, then the person behind this account will see it as a good thing and keep on going, and it could get worse as time goes on.
I agree. I'm just wondering how people can get accounts on here without a moderator?

Because people still buy them and it doesn't even look so terrible (as long as its fitted well). They won't invest if it still brings in money, it's a business afterall with the primary goal to make money.

View attachment 20422
View attachment 20423
I don't care about a cradle mould or not.
On AC's 727s (both -100 and -200) everything aft oft the wings is horror.
That's not due to zinc rot though, blame it on "good enough from 3ft away" mould engineering. Everything done right here I guess as these models sell regardless.

Last edited:
That's not due to zinc rot though, blame it on "good enough from 3ft away" mould engineering. Everything done right here I guess as these models sell regardless.
Agreed. But if you're going to design a new 727 mold in this day and age (which is BADLY needed), it had better not be a cradle.

The thing is, if we ever got a 2023 standard 721/2 mould from another manufacturer, would they make every single release AC has already done in the 20-odd years up until this point? I very much doubt it! So many retro subjects that only AC would make. Not against an updated tooling by any means, but I think there are some releases which will never be made again by anybody else, from the entire AC catalogue in general.

The thing is, if we ever got a 2023 standard 721/2 mould from another manufacturer, would they make every single release AC has already done in the 20-odd years up until this point? I very much doubt it! So many retro subjects that only AC would make. Not against an updated tooling by any means, but I think there are some releases which will never be made again by anybody else, from the entire AC catalogue in general.
Can't argue with that.
The biggest problem I see is this: while AC have their own dedicated production line, a new 727 by NG would stand in direct competition for production capacities with cash cows like 787, A350, MAX, Neo...
Thanks to cross-financing NG might be able to market the much better classics, but at a very reduced release rate.

They take a long time for a single 747 mould which in my eyes has much higher demand than something like a 727. Can't imagine how long it will take to see them release these retro narrowbodies.
I have only 1 727 in my collection at the moment and it is one of my favorite aircraft, and I do agree that we need a new mould. The old GJ mould is pretty good and I dont really mind the cradle but I do feel like we need more releases and a new mould with aerials and better printing.

I have only 1 727 in my collection at the moment and it is one of my favorite aircraft, and I do agree that we need a new mould. The old GJ mould is pretty good and I dont really mind the cradle but I do feel like we need more releases and a new mould with aerials and better printing.
I think their latest National 727 release had aerials. But unfortunately it also had hush kits, which came about long after National was gone.

We should start a new thread on the 727 mould. Speaking of zinc rot, out of my 433 models, I only have one that has some slight cracking on the wings..Gemini American 757-223 N602AN. Hopefully it won't get any worse. but I'm keeping an eye on it.