Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Same. If AV400 made them, I'd love to get rid of my old GJ 'Go Wallabies' and 'Texas' liveries.

Thanks to a certain database owner, I can no longer check if any other brands have made them. 🙄
Yep that's not at all encouraging for the larger collectorate or for the hobby.

Though we'd know that Av400's - whenever they do make them - would supercede them all!

Last edited:
Here are my latest arrivals:

Dragon Wings
Boeing 767-200 - United Airlines - N610UA

Oldie but goodie. This is the sixth time I buy this model... the first 5 models were all custom donors. I got them from a Chinese seller from Ebay, which had a lot in stock and used to sell them for dirt cheap. So basically they were all used for customs, but I did like this model so much, so I decided to buy one more to finally keep it as it is. The Ebay seller ran out of stock, so I had to hunt this model for a bit longer. Finally found it again for a reasonable price :)
Battleship Grey is my favorite UA scheme but Saul Bass comes pretty close. It's simply wonderful.

IMG_1148.jpg

Gemini Jets
Boeing 737-500 - BMI Baby - G-BVKB

Will be a custom donor, and will become THIS.
It seems Gemini forgot to put the cockpit eyebrow windows on this one. Pictures online shows that they were not plugged in... the real machine was already scrapped and the windows were always there. Anyway, got this one for cheap aswell and I don't really care about this livery at all, since it's going to be a custom donor.

IMG_1149.jpg

Aeroclassics
Boeing 737-200 - VASP - PP-SMA (custom)

I still wonder why Aeroclassics still didn't release this bird.
They did release one or two VASP 737s, but none in this 1985 scheme.
VASP was a major operator of the Boeing 737-200 here in Brazil, and they were the second biggest airline here back in the 20th century.
PP-SMA was the very first 737-200 of Latin America and operated from 1969 till 2004, if I remember well. A very long career, and never left VASP!
Donor was Arkia 4X-BAG, using SMA mould.

IMG_1109.jpg

Bonus:

Learjet 35 - 3D printed

Here's a duo of 3D Printed Learjets, which I use for scenery on my diorama... I hand paint them, so don't expect a superb quality lol
They are so tiny! Both printed by a fellow collector here in my city. I believe similar models can also be found on Shapeways website.

IMG_1154.JPG

Some new arrivals for me - all pre-owned as well. The first 2 are trijet and did not feature original packing (protection plastic blister and outer box). This type of purchase is always full of risk as most of the time it would come in with parts broken (like the Airbus convoy I got 2 months ago). First is the unfortunate one:
- KLM - Royal Dutch Airlines Douglas DC-10-30 PH-DTA made by GJ. One set of wheels was broken and the seller did not respond to my message. I would prefer seamless models more.
20240629_162725_HDR.jpg
- This 3-holers has antennas and would not easily come through. However the seller did a great job with the packaging and all parts are intact. Introducing Air Transat Lockheed L1011-1 C-FTNC by NG. A lovely scheme indeed and I think I actually made the offer a bit higher than the seller's expectation so he could accept it so quickly.
20240629_162755_HDR.jpg
And finally, for the first time after more than a year, I could be able to visit a physical store to get a model. This store specializes in train models and features a very limited selection of aircraft models (95% of which are either 1:500 or 1:200). The store staff told me that 1:400 is not popular here in Germany so the store only had 4 products on sale (1 new and 3 used). I saw this model and had to think for quite a while whether it suits my criteria or not since it is not completely cheap though. Settled down with the model, checked out and the store was kind enough for me to inspect it, only to find out that it had a loose left wing so the store offered me a 10% discount, which I quickly accepted. Here is the only twinjet in the post - Icelandair Boeing 757-223(WL) TF-ISF by NG.
20240629_162340_HDR.jpg

Which one would be your choice in this arrival?

Dragon Wings

Oldie but goodie. This is the sixth time I buy this model... the first 5 models were all custom donors. I got them from a Chinese seller from Ebay, which had a lot in stock and used to sell them for dirt cheap. So basically they were all used for customs, but I did like this model so much, so I decided to buy one more to finally keep it as it is. The Ebay seller ran out of stock, so I had to hunt this model for a bit longer. Finally found it again for a reasonable price :)
Battleship Grey is my favorite UA scheme but Saul Bass comes pretty close. It's simply wonderful.

View attachment 30815

Gemini Jets

It seems Gemini forgot to put the cockpit eyebrow windows on this one. Pictures online shows that they were not plugged in... the real machine was already scrapped and the windows were always there. Anyway, got this one for cheap aswell and I don't really care about this livery at all, since it's going to be a custom donor.

View attachment 30816

Aeroclassics

VASP was a major operator of the Boeing 737-200 here in Brazil, and they were the second biggest airline here back in the 20th century.
PP-SMA was the very first 737-200 of Latin America and operated from 1969 till 2004, if I remember well. A very long career, and never left VASP!

View attachment 30817

Bonus:

Learjet 35 - 3D printed

Here's a duo of 3D Printed Learjets, which I use for scenery on my diorama... I hand paint them, so don't expect a superb quality lol
They are so tiny! Both printed by a fellow collector here in my city. I believe similar models can also be found on Shapeways website.

View attachment 30818
Many nice arrivals Leo! I really impressed with the 3D printed Learjets. And I look forward to see the final result of the 735 custom.

Some new arrivals for me - all pre-owned as well. The first 2 are trijet and did not feature original packing (protection plastic blister and outer box). This type of purchase is always full of risk as most of the time it would come in with parts broken (like the Airbus convoy I got 2 months ago). First is the unfortunate one:
- KLM - Royal Dutch Airlines Douglas DC-10-30 PH-DTA made by GJ. One set of wheels was broken and the seller did not respond to my message. I would prefer seamless models more.
View attachment 30827
- This 3-holers has antennas and would not easily come through. However the seller did a great job with the packaging and all parts are intact. Introducing Air Transat Lockheed L1011-1 C-FTNC by NG. A lovely scheme indeed and I think I actually made the offer a bit higher than the seller's expectation so he could accept it so quickly.
View attachment 30826
And finally, for the first time after more than a year, I could be able to visit a physical store to get a model. This store specializes in train models and features a very limited selection of aircraft models (95% of which are either 1:500 or 1:200). The store staff told me that 1:400 is not popular here in Germany so the store only had 4 products on sale (1 new and 3 used). I saw this model and had to think for quite a while whether it suits my criteria or not since it is not completely cheap though. Settled down with the model, checked out and the store was kind enough for me to inspect it, only to find out that it had a loose left wing so the store offered me a 10% discount, which I quickly accepted. Here is the only twinjet in the post - Icelandair Boeing 757-223(WL) TF-ISF by NG.
View attachment 30825

Which one would be your choice in this arrival?
Didn't know NG made the Icelandair 757 pax version. Looks awesome.

Dragon Wings

View attachment 30815

Gemini Jets

View attachment 30816

Aeroclassics

View attachment 30817

Bonus:

Learjet 35 - 3D printed

View attachment 30818
Nice lears! What is the 735 becoming?

Many nice arrivals Leo! I really impressed with the 3D printed Learjets. And I look forward to see the final result of the 735 custom.

Thank you!!!
BTW, your models are also great. Three very cool birds! Too bad about the main gear issue on your KLM DC-10, though.

Nice lears! What is the 735 becoming?

Thank you, José! :D
The 737 will become a Nordeste in the three stripes livery. I've posted the URL of a picture before.

Last edited:
An eBay purchase that arrived just a few days ago is this lovely BOAC Cargo 707 by Aeroclassics. The aircraft went on to serve with British Airtours and then transitioned to ZAS of Egypt in 1984 before joining Air Memphis in 1995. It was destroyed in a crash on takeoff at Mombasa in 1998. The model came with a lovely note from the seller who is a fan of my content, so a big thank you to him.

G-AVPB.jpg

It's been a while since I last posted, but I have acquired a few models over the last few months.

ACUADC-10-30.jpg
Firstly, the AeroClassics 1:400 United DC-10, C-GCPG, in Saul Bass colours. I'll take any opportunity to get a United DC-10, even though she has a Canadian registration. Immediately after I got her, AeroClassics released another UA DC-10 in Saul Bass with a US registration. I actually go this before my American Fokker 100, but forgot to post about it, so here she is.

Av400LHA380.jpg
Second, the Aviation400 Lufthansa A380-800, D-AIMA, in their old livery, probably one of, if not, my favourite model in my collection. Miss seeing these at SFO. 747-8is are nice, but A380 was my childhood.

PhSQ744.jpg
Next, the Phoenix Models Singapore Airlines 747-400, 9V-SPQ. Phoenix might not produce the best 747s, but I don't really care. I love Singapore Airlines, and hope to obtain more SQ models in the future.

DWCPDC-10-30.jpg
Then, the Dragon Wings 1:400 DC-10-30, C-FCRD. The model didn't come with the DW stand, which is unfortunate, but I love the model either way. The DC-10 is my favourite aircraft, and Canadian's livery is a favourite of mine.

GJHAL763.jpg
Lastly, the Gemini Jets 1:400 Hawaiian Airlines Boeing 767-300ER, N582HA. A very nostalgic model, as I flew Hawaiian's 767 when I was majorly getting into aviation in 2015-2017. I hope to get Gemini's other renditions of Hawaiian's 767-300, and hopefully NG will produce their own HAL 763.

Now time to not get any models for the next decade while waiting for something insane to happen.

Hope to get more DC-10s in the future.

We have a guy who 3D prints these in Canada and sold them at Threshold a while back. The Jazz variants are out of stock but there are other options available such as this one linked below
View attachment 30719

These ones above look a bit poor specially due to the cockpit windows, but check out this one:

A huge improvement, in my opinion!!!

These ones above look a bit poor specially due to the cockpit windows, but check out this one:

A huge improvement, in my opinion!!!
Same company who make them just newer release it seems

My "office" is still in boxes, so we go back to the roots with my old trusty desk and reading lamp (which happen to be almost as old as my first 1:400 model), where I used to take model photos 15 years ago; still works just fine and I love the charming atmostphere.

Coincidentally this set of models is also more like what was routine in those days (consistent killer Aeroclassics releases), and a lot less like what is all too common today.

Here you have Lufthansa 747-130 D-ABYC, which was supposed to be included in the Aeroclassics June releases, but it was pulled out due to a production error. Nonetheless, some corrected examples made it out into the world and I couldn't resist when one of them crossed my path. I now have more "nice enough" Lufthansa classic jumbos than what I need, but unfortunately none of the truly good ones (original ACs, polished belly DWs).

There are very few airframe/livery combos that have made me so happy in recent years as these TAME 727-200 have. Luckily there were two variants, none of which was particularly easy to find, but thankfully I was able to secure a decent enough copy of each.

And finally, there is the Viasa Caravelle. Unlike the other subjects present here, which I got to see in awe during the early nineties, the Viasa Caravelle is history-book material for me. A most welcomed release nonetheless, the only YV-registered Caravelle, an Avensa bird that wore our proud orange tail for a brief period, and a very well-known airframe among Venezuelan aviation enthusiasts. Still, I prefer nostalgia over history. But being a Venezuelan release it is an absolute no-brainer for me, and in fact, I got more than one copy.

Unfortunately, it seems that the days of beautiful chrome and polished metal bellies at Aeroclassics are officially a thing of the past, as all the silver parts of these models are spray-painted. But at the same time, I am happy to see that the LatinClassics series is anything but dead (there is another YV- in the hints for June).

DSC_3552.jpg

Last edited:
Some random new arrivals for me - all NG Models:

An unfortunate airframe - Aviastar TU Tu-204-100C RA-64032 in “Cai Niao” livery. I intended to make a fantasy fleet out of Tu-204/214 to complement the current 757 fleet. The model is a bit tail heavy (or maybe the front landing gear is inserted too high in).
IMG_4634.jpeg
Coming from the same shop as the Tu-204 is a new member for my active airline fleet - Air Busan A321-251NX HL8394. That batch of A321s has the front landing gear tilted in an unfavorable position.
IMG_4635.jpeg
And finally, a winning bid - American Trans Air Lockheed L-1011-1 N13022 in a hybrid scheme of TWA. The smaller rear antenna is a bit loose and turns a lot.
IMG_4633.jpeg

Overall I am quite happy with these addition. Which one would be your pick of the batch?

Last edited:
Some random new arrivals for me - all NG Models:

An unfortunate airframe - Aviastar TU Tu-204-100C RA-64032 in “Cai Niao” livery. I intended to make a fantasy fleet out of Tu-204/214 to complement the current 757 fleet. The model is a bit tail heavy (or maybe the front landing gear is inserted too high in).
View attachment 30996
Coming from the same shop as the Tu-204 is a new member for my active airline fleet - Air Busan A321-251NX HL8394. That batch of A321s has the front landing gear tilted in an unfavorable position.
View attachment 30998
And finally, a winning bid - American Trans Air Lockheed L-1011-1 N13021 in a hybrid scheme of TWA. The smaller rear antenna is a bit loose and turns a lot.
View attachment 30997

Overall I am quite happy with these addition. Which one would be your pick of the batch?
That L1011 looks great, love wired hybrid liverys

An eBay purchase that arrived just a few days ago is this lovely BOAC Cargo 707 by Aeroclassics. The aircraft went on to serve with British Airtours and then transitioned to ZAS of Egypt in 1984 before joining Air Memphis in 1995. It was destroyed in a crash on takeoff at Mombasa in 1998. The model came with a lovely note from the seller who is a fan of my content, so a big thank you to him.

View attachment 30839
Look at those crisp and well alligned printed window frames and even the proper window spacing at the SCD. Something you don't see that often on todays Aeroclassics.