Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Some random new arrivals for me - all NG Models:

An unfortunate airframe - Aviastar TU Tu-204-100C RA-64032 in “Cai Niao” livery. I intended to make a fantasy fleet out of Tu-204/214 to complement the current 757 fleet. The model is a bit tail heavy (or maybe the front landing gear is inserted too high in).
View attachment 30996
Coming from the same shop as the Tu-204 is a new member for my active airline fleet - Air Busan A321-251NX HL8394. That batch of A321s has the front landing gear tilted in an unfavorable position.
View attachment 30998
And finally, a winning bid - American Trans Air Lockheed L-1011-1 N13022 in a hybrid scheme of TWA. The smaller rear antenna is a bit loose and turns a lot.
View attachment 30997

Overall I am quite happy with these addition. Which one would be your pick of the batch?

Nice ones! L-1011 is my pick, an easy one this time. Although the Tu-204 is also cool :)
That Tristar is an awesome hybrid. There was also an LTU hybrid operated by ATA, but I'm not sure if NG have ever released it.

And finally, a winning bid - American Trans Air Lockheed L-1011-1 N13021 in a hybrid scheme of TWA. The smaller rear antenna is a bit loose and turns a lot.
View attachment 30997

Overall I am quite happy with these addition. Which one would be your pick of the batch?
it'd be the L-1011 for me, but not simply because it's an NG L-1011. When the second release of the ATA/TWA L-1011 came out, I wanted to see if I could justify adding this into my collection by seeing if it was one of the aircraft that took part in the Gulf War Airlift. That meant I ended up going into a rabbit hole of information about it so I guess I feel like it's something I've gaslit myself into wanting despite not being in my collecting criteria. Glad to see you're happy with it!

Nice ones! L-1011 is my pick, an easy one this time. Although the Tu-204 is also cool :)
That Tristar is an awesome hybrid. There was also an LTU hybrid operated by ATA, but I'm not sure if NG have ever released it.
L-1011 surely wins in the batch, trijets are always a sight to behold. NG hasn’t made the LTU hybrid opb ATA.
it'd be the L-1011 for me, but not simply because it's an NG L-1011. When the second release of the ATA/TWA L-1011 came out, I wanted to see if I could justify adding this into my collection by seeing if it was one of the aircraft that took part in the Gulf War Airlift. That meant I ended up going into a rabbit hole of information about it so I guess I feel like it's something I've gaslit myself into wanting despite not being in my collecting criteria. Glad to see you're happy with it!
It is surely a beautiful model. I bidded because I found the livery to be cool. It does not fall correctly to my collecting criteria though.

L-1011 surely wins in the batch, trijets are always a sight to behold. NG hasn’t made the LTU hybrid opb ATA.

It is surely a beautiful model. I bidded because I found the livery to be cool. It does not fall correctly to my collecting criteria though.
I would rather have the ATA vacation scheme personally. I know GJ did one (and I have it), but I really like the NG mold.

I would rather have the ATA vacation scheme personally. I know GJ did one (and I have it), but I really like the NG mold.

yeah, too bad NG only released the -500 in the vacation scheme. I also have the GJ version but I'd rather get rid of it and get an NG in the golden "runway" scheme instead!

This arrived today!

I have had other arrivals, but without a proper setup for photos I haven't bothered to share them. I had to make an exception with this one though.

The front of the box is nothing special, but the back is quite interesting. A short informative summary relating to the model. First in Spanish, then in English. And what's more interesting is the amount of logos from "independent entities" that are behind this model.

The mold used is Panda's. It was marketed in the U.S. as an El Aviador exclusive. Other retailer that seemed to have funded the production run is La Tienda de Aviación (A Costa Rican aviation store) and the AvGeek Models logo is also there (not quite sure what part they have in the play). At any rate, it is interesting to see how every day more "private parties" are having to fund models that the regular brands won't produce on their own. This says a lot about the hobby.

DSC_3555.jpg

DSC_3556.jpg

This arrived today!

I have had other arrivals, but without a proper setup for photos I haven't bothered to share them. I had to make an exception with this one though.

The front of the box is nothing special, but the back is quite interesting. A short informative summary relating to the model. First in Spanish, then in English. And what's more interesting is the amount of logos from "independent entities" that are behind this model.

The mold used is Panda's. It was marketed in the U.S. as an El Aviador exclusive. Other retailer that seemed to have funded the production run is La Tienda de Aviación (A Costa Rican aviation store) and the AvGeek Models logo is also there (not quite sure what part they have in the play). At any rate, it is interesting to see how every day more "private parties" are having to fund models that the regular brands won't produce on their own. This says a lot about the hobby.

View attachment 31014

View attachment 31015
Avgeek models is also a brand of La Tienda de Aviación who came up with the idea to produce this model. A friend owns the store in Costa Rica.

Avgeek models is also a brand of La Tienda de Aviación who came up with the idea to produce this model. A friend owns the store in Costa Rica.

So who footed the bill for this? La Tienda de Aviación/AvGeekModels? It does not say El Aviador anywhere on the box, though they seem to be the main distributor outside of Costa Rica. It is also not a regular Panda release.

So who footed the bill for this? La Tienda de Aviación/AvGeekModels? It does not say El Aviador anywhere on the box, though they seem to be the main distributor outside of Costa Rica. It is also not a regular Panda release.
La Tienda de Aviacion did. Apparently with plans for more in a near future. AvGeek is just easier to pronounce to non spanish speakers. 🤣

VT-jets/ Panda Model IC A320 VT-EYE '50 years of flying'

Great Model. Great Details. Glad to have got this release. Looking forward to a regular scheme IC A320. Benoy Sarkar's iconic design is, for me, one of those timeless classics - modernist, unafraid, bold, yet stark and minimal. Very forward looking for its time and context. That logo on the tail is like a core memory for me.

(tail logo's wonky starboard side - portside's not so much)

1720696967825-01.jpeg

Last edited: