Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

JC Wings 1:400 scale Thai ATR 72-200 reg. HS-TRA. Another addition to my small fleet of turboprops(I have way too many jetliners😜), and the first ATR I get. Something to note is that as this is a -200, it means it has the Pratt & Wittney PW124B engines, hence the 4-blade rotors on each engine. Most ATR releases, which are usually the -500 or -600, use the later PW127 engines with are identified via the 6 blade rotors. I really hope that JC in the near future release an American Eagle version of this aircraft. The only instance an American Eagle ATR 72 has been done in 1:400 scale was by Gemini Jets back in 2011. And while that release is also a -200, it has the PW127s equipped, therefore the incorrect engines.
View attachment 30715
Nice! I really wish more turboprops would be made. There aren't enough in the market

Nice! I really wish more turboprops would be made. There aren't enough in the market
Yeah for sure. JC/Gemini have moulds for the ATR 42/72, Dash 8-100, Saab 340, and Antonov AN-26. They are all great moulds that unfortunately don't get used that often. I can literally make a list of turboprop airliners that can be made with these moulds that would be desirable to collectors. Can't wait btw to get my hands on the Eastern Express Saab 340. Should be arriving next week the latest.

Yeah for sure. JC/Gemini have moulds for the ATR 42/72, Dash 8-100, Saab 340, and Antonov AN-26. They are all great moulds that unfortunately don't get used that often. I can literally make a list of turboprop airliners that can be made with these moulds that would be desirable to collectors. Can't wait btw to get my hands on the Eastern Express Saab 340. Should be arriving next week the latest.
There are too many that can be made with those. And imagine the several models that are also missing. Dash 8-300, Saab 2000, Beech 1900, Jetstream 32/42, BAe ATP, Do328. Smaller turboprops would be amazing. Cessna caravans, Twin Otter, Let410, Dornier Do228. Dreaming too much I guess 🤣

There are too many that can be made with those. And imagine the several models that are also missing. Dash 8-300, Saab 2000, Beech 1900, Jetstream 32/42, BAe ATP, Do328. Smaller turboprops would be amazing. Cessna caravans, Twin Otter, Let410, Dornier Do228. Dreaming too much I guess 🤣

Please don't forget the Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia! I wonder why it wasn't made in 1:400 yet.

It was widely used in the US, so Gemini/GJ could step up and make it.
Gemini did it in 1:200 but still nothing in 1:400.

Please don't forget the Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia! I wonder why it wasn't made in 1:400 yet.

True true! I love the Brasilia. How could I forget. And the Bandeirante for the smaller ones.

I should mention. It would be a perfect time for GJ/JC to re-release some of these North American turboprops for collectors to be able to get again. I’m talking American Eagle(as I mentioned originally in my post), Delta Connection, Northwest Airlink, US Airways Express, list goes on. While at the same time releasing these aircraft in never before released airline liveries. Good examples would be Dash 8-100 in Air Canada Jazz colors(all variants), or even better, LIAT. Those would be hot releases in the scale.

I should mention. It would be a perfect time for GJ/JC to re-release some of these North American turboprops for collectors to be able to get again. I’m talking American Eagle(as I mentioned originally in my post), Delta Connection, Northwest Airlink, US Airways Express, list goes on. While at the same time releasing these aircraft in never before released airline liveries. Good examples would be Dash 8-100 in Air Canada Jazz colors(all variants), or even better, LIAT. Those would be hot releases in the scale.
USAir Express re release would be something amazing. And yes, a bunch of caribbean airlines and regionals. Pitty no -300 version.

Good examples would be Dash 8-100 in Air Canada Jazz colors(all variants), or even better, LIAT. Those would be hot releases in the scale.
We have a guy who 3D prints these in Canada and sold them at Threshold a while back. The Jazz variants are out of stock but there are other options available such as this one linked below
Screenshot_20240625_220150_Samsung Internet.jpg

We have a guy who 3D prints these in Canada and sold them at Threshold a while back. The Jazz variants are out of stock but there are other options available such as this one linked below
View attachment 30719
I saw them when he started promoting them. i like the idea but the model itself, not so much. I got one from shapeways from a designer called wwwitalik. They're pretty good and has a big selection of models. Not as great as a diecast obviously but good enough to make a custom model. I made this ALM Dash 8 300 with one of his 3D prints.

Attachments

• IMG_20240104_161813.jpg
    IMG_20240104_161813.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
Happy to have picked up the 2014 release of the Delta A330-300 by Gemini. Much preferred to the new mould with its more realistic dihedral. Cockpit windows are bit large but the nose overall is still acceptable.

Attachments

• IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25