Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

New set of arrivals! The two Garuda models finally showed up from NG's recent exchange program.
20240621_171648.jpg20240621_171509.jpg
Garuda Indonesia "Skyteam" Livery
(PK-GII)
B777-300ER
NG Models (Part of their rewards program)
Garuda Indonesia "Ayo Pakai Masker" Livery
(PK-GIJ)
B777-300ER
NG Models (Part of their rewards program)

20240621_171346.jpg20240621_171834.jpg20240621_172012.jpg
20240621_172048.jpg
All Nippon Airways (ANA)
(JA02AN)
B737-700 (WL)
NG Models
Cathay Pacific "Asia's World City" Livery
(B-KPF)
B777-300ER
Aviation400
  • Comes with stand
Japan Airlines "A350 (Silver)" Titles
(JA02XJ)
A350-900
Aviation400
  • Comes with stand
  • This is AV400s earlier models, hence their logo on the model
  • I find the silver "A350" titles to be too light

This one's right on the edge of my collection criteria since the Star Alliance scheme was adopted in 2000 but I saw it on eBay and it is a delightful model. The only 400 scale release for Tyrolean Airways of Austria, this was made in 2008 by the, at the time, new brand JC Wings. The original Star Alliance scheme was cool and the painted wing and stabilisers ends on this model really add that little something extra. This is only the 3rd F70 in my collection and there have only been 11 releases in total.

OE-LFG_01.jpg

This one's right on the edge of my collection criteria since the Star Alliance scheme was adopted in 2000 but I saw it on eBay and it is a delightful model. The only 400 scale release for Tyrolean Airways of Austria, this was made in 2008 by the, at the time, new brand JC Wings. The original Star Alliance scheme was cool and the painted wing and stabilisers ends on this model really add that little something extra. This is only the 3rd F70 in my collection and there have only been 11 releases in total.

It would be great if they’d release a version of the regular Tyrolean livery from the same time. I’d definitely get that.

View attachment 30653

Great little model. Cockpit windows look better than the ones used by Gemini on their recent Fokker 100s!
Would be nice to see this one in regular colors.

Some new arrivals for me - and luckily they are not broken this time (but yet 100% flawless either):

The replacement for previous purchase, which comes from another shop, Uganda Airlines A330-841 5X-NIL by NG Models. I really love the scheme and the how exotic the airline is. And also my first A338 from NG. This model, however, did not have enough glue applied on its port wing.
IMG_4494.jpeg

And a bit out of my collecting plan - Delta Airbus A330-941 N412DX by NGModels. I only plan to have 2 DL in my fleet - an A359 and B764 but I missed PM’s 764. Now the DL fleet plan is changed and I have to get DL 764 when NG releases it. I don’t know why but the window lines are printed too high on this DL version, whereas the Uganda seemed fine to me. Ah, also insufficient glue on port wing as well - coincidence? By the way, the model in the background amazed me a lot - I’m now really addicted to that detail level.

IMG_4495.jpeg

And from PHX are these 2 excellent beauties. First is a non-antenna widebody, which is very very unusual in 2024 for PHX, but the brand nailed it since the real aircraft didn’t feature it as well. Ilyushin Design Bureau IL-96M RA-96000. If I remember correctly, there is only 1 scheme for the 96M as it is an extended version from the IL96-300. The other stretched 96 is the IL-96-400, which has a boxy end fuselage design unidentical to the original.
IMG_4502.jpeg
And the back of the box provides some great information about the type as well!IMG_4504.jpeg

And saving the best for the last - an aircraft belongs to “flown on” collection - Turkmenistan Airlines B777-367ER EZ-A781. Green shall be a bit darker whereas grey should be lighter. The nose gear wasn’t all way in inserted so the model had a nose-up profile. However, it is a great addition for me.
IMG_4503.jpeg
And finally, the real aircrat itself: EZ-A781 at Ashgabat, which took me from Saigon. I couldn’t get a decent shot of this plane due to reflection at both airports.
IMG_1864.jpeg

Which model is your favorite in this batch?

Some new arrivals for me - and luckily they are not broken this time (but yet 100% flawless either):

The replacement for previous purchase, which comes from another shop, Uganda Airlines A330-841 5X-NIL by NG Models. I really love the scheme and the how exotic the airline is. And also my first A338 from NG. This model, however, did not have enough glue applied on its port wing.
View attachment 30687

And a bit out of my collecting plan - Delta Airbus A330-941 N412DX by NGModels. I only plan to have 2 DL in my fleet - an A359 and B764 but I missed PM’s 764. Now the DL fleet plan is changed and I have to get DL 764 when NG releases it. I don’t know why but the window lines are printed too high on this DL version, whereas the Uganda seemed fine to me. Ah, also insufficient glue on port wing as well - coincidence? By the way, the model in the background amazed me a lot - I’m now really addicted to that detail level.

View attachment 30688

And from PHX are these 2 excellent beauties. First is a non-antenna widebody, which is very very unusual in 2024 for PHX, but the brand nailed it since the real aircraft didn’t feature it as well. Ilyushin Design Bureau IL-96M RA-96000. If I remember correctly, there is only 1 scheme for the 96M as it is an extended version from the IL96-300. The other stretched 96 is the IL-96-400, which has a boxy end fuselage design unidentical to the original.
View attachment 30689
And the back of the box provides some great information about the type as well!View attachment 30692

And saving the best for the last - an aircraft belongs to “flown on” collection - Turkmenistan Airlines B777-367ER EZ-A781. Green shall be a bit darker whereas grey should be lighter. The nose gear wasn’t all way in inserted so the model had a nose-up profile. However, it is a great addition for me.
View attachment 30690
And finally, the real aircrat itself: EZ-A781 at Ashgabat, which took me from Saigon. I couldn’t get a decent shot of this plane due to reflection at both airports.
View attachment 30693

Which model is your favorite in this batch?

soooo nice models you got there. Quite hard to choose my favorite... I guess the IL-96 because it's the only quad and it's really really exotic.
Turkmenistan 777 and Uganda A330 are also up there when it comes to exotic stuff. The Delta A330 is more mainstream but it's also a beautiful model :) and I think it's so awesome you've flown on Turkmenistan 777!

JC Wings 1:400 scale Thai ATR 72-200 reg. HS-TRA. Another addition to my small fleet of turboprops(I have way too many jetliners😜), and the first ATR I get. Something to note is that as this is a -200, it means it has the Pratt & Wittney PW124B engines, hence the 4-blade rotors on each engine. Most ATR releases, which are usually the -500 or -600, use the later PW127 engines with are identified via the 6 blade rotors. I really hope that JC in the near future release an American Eagle version of this aircraft. The only instance an American Eagle ATR 72 has been done in 1:400 scale was by Gemini Jets back in 2011. And while that release is also a -200, it has the PW127s equipped, therefore the incorrect engines.
IMG_1932.jpeg

soooo nice models you got there. Quite hard to choose my favorite... I guess the IL-96 because it's the only quad and it's really really exotic.
Turkmenistan 777 and Uganda A330 are also up there when it comes to exotic stuff. The Delta A330 is more mainstream but it's also a beautiful model :) and I think it's so awesome you've flown on Turkmenistan 777!
Thank you Leo! I really enjoy these additions.

And yes, I saw some Avgeeks had to do a lot to fly with T5 and I flew them with just little efforts. I want to fly on their B77L though!