September 2023 Aeroclassics Arrivals

YesterAirlines

It seems like ages ago that I ordered these six Aeroclassics from the batch announced at the end of September but after a protracted stay at customs they finally arrived on Friday. Some excellent airline/aircraft combos in this batch but as usual some niggly quality issues as well. Two of the A310s have rather deformed rightside winglets and the left wing wasn't attached properly on the 737 resulting in some paint damage. Even so, really pleased with most of them and I may even dare to give the African A310 a review.

What did you guys get of the last batch? I understand the next release will be at the end of next week. They seem to be struggling to keep the release schedule monthly at the moment.

202310_ACs_A.jpg

I didn't get anything from this batch, though the Everts DC-6s (were those from the same batch?) are tempting. The thing is many of the other manufacturers have been releasing so many nice models more in line with my core criteria, so I have had to prioritize! I am looking forward to seeing how this month pans out for AC!

I think I see which A310 has the deformed winglet. A shame as it seems to be one of the highlights of the batch. How is the AC A320 looking?

..... and the overpolished pointy nose.....looks really poor when seen from level - a friend posted pictures on his IG - and then you notice clearly the distorted cockpit windows that (I'm assuming) compensate for the pointy nose shape.

I think I see which A310 has the deformed winglet. A shame as it seems to be one of the highlights of the batch. How is the AC A320 looking?
Two of the 310s have odd winglets on one side - not matching each other though. Must be a casting issue as there's no paint damage. The A320 looks decent enough but not 100% convinced by the cockpit printing and there's a smudge on the rear baggage door:

DSC02643.JPG

Two of the 310s have odd winglets on one side - not matching each other though. Must be a casting issue as there's no paint damage. The A320 looks decent enough but not 100% convinced by the cockpit printing and there's a smudge on the rear baggage door:

View attachment 23837
Looks eerily like an DW with slight improvements to the fuselage and other areas. Looks like AC has barely improved since my hiatus (as i predicted)

. The A320 looks decent enough but not 100% convinced by the cockpit printing and there's a smudge on the rear baggage door:
The cabin windows and upper band of the cheatline - one of them isn't level - at the rear the cabin windows are struggling to stay within - plus really poor overprinting - both in this and the Air Afrique A310.
Amidst a host of other usual AC things.
The fact that the AC A320 and the NG A320 are equally priced.....hmmmm! If they're sold at 2/3rd or so or lesser, then maybe justifiable

Last edited:

View attachment 23837
The cockpit windows seem a tad low, not too bad though. Looks like the cheatline was not fully dry when the aft baggage door was printed.

I have seen a number of deformations on Aeroclassics models in recent years. Most notably the number 2 exhaust on a pair of 722s. Did not seem to affect the entire production run.

The cabin windows and upper band of the cheatline - one of them isn't level - at the rear the cabin windows are struggling to stay within - ...

Add to the crooked printed window line (neither aligning with cheatline nor doors) a wrongly detailed v.tail's leading edge: the red should curve while the leading edge should be light grey, not white.
The same can be said about the thin line deviding the two red cheatlines: light grey it should be. The doors though are printed light grey while they should be white. Do I sound nitpicky? Yes. But for a model that goes for big dollars I'd expect a LOT more.

Aeroclassics quality has been in a years long downward spiral and I'd think the ground isn't too far away.

The Air Afrique A310 is so nice, but sadly out of my budget for the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to buy it at some point... and without QC issues!