Model Review - Air Gabon Boeing 767 by Aeroclassics

YesterAirlines

At times you have to be brave, or stupid, to continue buying Aeroclassics but I'm still getting quite a few, maybe because Andrew so pleasantly gave 4 of his 747s codes honouring me (FYRS standing for For or 'F*** You RS' depending on your view ;) ). Anyway even if the quality isn't always there anymore the airline/aircraft combos are almost always excellent and there are still great models to be had. I got two of the 767s from the recent batch and I can't resist a colourful African flag carrier. So at the risk of tempting AK to pile on, here I take a look at the Gabonese example:

AIRGABON_B762_13.JPG

Great model and very exotic African choice. I'm not really a fan of the AC 767-200 mould, though.
The front section looks way too round for me, the gears are too chunky and the engine seems to be a very generic attempt of creating a GE CF6-80.
Wings and tail section look great, though.

Funny to see they painted the rims on the wheels, like I did with the Kingfisher A320 a few months ago. It definitely improves the overall look though, so no complaints.

Great model and very exotic African choice. I'm not really a fan of the AC 767-200 mould, though.
The front section looks way too round for me, the gears are too chunky and the engine seems to be a very generic attempt of creating a GE CF6-80.
Wings and tail section look great, though.

I was just taking a look at my AA 762s, including the recent Aeroclassics release, nose looks fine. Tires on the fat side for sure. Engines: horrible.

1707229469587.png

I was just taking a look at my AA 762s, including the recent Aeroclassics release, nose looks fine. Tires on the fat side for sure. Engines: horrible.

It's not really the nose (radome) area, but actually the front section as a whole, specially the "forehead" area above the cockpit windows.
I don't know, something looks off to me... too bloated. Even some old Dragon models like yours look better to my eyes :LOL:

It's not really the nose (radome) area, but actually the front section as a whole, specially the "forehead" area above the cockpit windows.

It does, it is not a very refined mold. But again, the 767 itself is not a very refined airplane. In all honesty, I think my example benefited from a bit of an accidental overpolishing of the nose cone.

I don't know, something looks off to me... too bloated. Even some old Dragon models like yours look better to my eyes :LOL:

Dragon 763s and 764s are very serviceable and I think remain quite competitive, but that's because the only current competition is GJ - for now, of course. However, I think my AA DW 762 looks too toyish on the nose section.