NG Ultimate Collection packaging design revealed

While the concept is nice, I don’t see much of a reason for this as I don’t mind the box design that much. Once I have the model in hand, the box goes on my shelf and isn’t displayed as prominently as the model is.
I agree with you. I think they need to work more on the model realism than on the box design. I don’t buy a model for its box but the model itself.

I hope the D-ABYT Lufthansa 747-8i retro livery will have accurate colors, cockpit windows (which wasn’t the case for the previous NG 747-8s), logos and good proportions.

Attachments

• IMG_4966.jpeg
    IMG_4966.jpeg
    808.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4969.jpeg
    IMG_4969.jpeg
    647.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4968.jpeg
    IMG_4968.jpeg
    645.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4967.jpeg
    IMG_4967.jpeg
    848.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4680.jpeg
    IMG_4680.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4676.jpeg
    IMG_4676.jpeg
    771.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4675.jpeg
    IMG_4675.jpeg
    856.2 KB · Views: 7
Cockpit windows in particular always seem to be a hit or miss. I suppose it's a bit more "subjective" (although the real thing is there) than other details.

Pretty much every single aircraft type with the exception of the 757 first had a cockpit profile that was far from perfect, and they've managed to polish most of them with given time. Although I have to say it blows my mind seeing some of the aircraft types with their perfectly fine cockpit profile changing to one that's worse.

Namely the 737, A320 series, 787, and 777 (although this one took quite a while) improved over time. The A330 took the wrong turn. A350 and 747 seem to be in a standstill with room for improvement.

Cockpit windows in particular always seem to be a hit or miss. I suppose it's a bit more "subjective" (although the real thing is there) than other details.

Pretty much every single aircraft type with the exception of the 757 first had a cockpit profile that was far from perfect, and they've managed to polish most of them with given time. Although I have to say it blows my mind seeing some of the aircraft types with their perfectly fine cockpit profile changing to one that's worse.

Namely the 737, A320 series, 787, and 777 (although this one took quite a while) improved over time. The A330 took the wrong turn. A350 and 747 seem to be in a standstill with room for improvement.
I actually think NG'S 748 cockpit windows are a step down from those on the SP, probably due to the size.

Such regression is quite a surprise, as NG's known to have a more automated production process; theoretically there wouldn't be much deviation as long as they nail it the first time.