NG Ultimate Collection packaging design revealed

mike_charlie_lima

Just now NG announced the first glimpse of their so-called Ultimate Collection packaging of the Air China "Forbidden Pavilion" A330.
Similarly, the Lufthansa D-ABYT will also get a unique box art.
Full article as below: (auto-translated by Google)

NG: Invite you to taste the Ultimate Collection gift-grade packaging box​

For classic themes, in addition to the model itself being worthy of collection, a beautifully designed and elegant packaging is also very important.

Starting from this month, we will equip high-end gift boxes for key themes, classic themes, official cooperation products, etc., and name this type of products "Collector's Edition", with the English name being Ultimate Collection . This type of product will maximize the "configuration" and bring you a brand new collection experience from the inside out. Since this type of high-end installation will increase a lot of production costs from design to production, the price will also be slightly higher than the ordinary version. I believe veterans can understand.

The first batch of collector's edition models: Air China's Zijin/Zixuan , Zichen , and Lufthansa 747-8 retro paintings will use high-end packaging and be delivered with metal brackets. In the future, more products will be equipped with high-end installations as "Collector's Edition".

The following is a picture of the actual sample box (the final product will be slightly different from the sample box, and the partial detailed design will be more beautiful):

1702525882508.png1702525887494.png1702525896169.png1702525900222.png

Some special craftsmanship is also used on the cover of the packaging box and other parts. The moment you get it and see the real thing, I believe you will feel "really delicious"! Inside and out, it is like a work of art as a whole, worthy of "permanent collection"!

Although this is for select models, I absolutely love this! I would say this soars even GJ’s newest 1:200 boxes. Well done NG, if there was a model in my interest I wouldn’t mind paying the extra money for this kind of box. Any word on what the premium stand will look like?

Although this is for select models, I absolutely love this! I would say this soars even GJ’s newest 1:200 boxes. Well done NG, if there was a model in my interest I wouldn’t mind paying the extra money for this kind of box. Any word on what the premium stand will look like?
they didnt mention the premium stand, but based on my experience, it could be the same one that they've been using like this.
1702529724062.png1702529749564.png

I guess this is why they removed the foam cradle from regular releases...
I do hate how there’s now a more I guess “premium” experience we have to pay for, cause I don’t think they sell those “ultimate collection” models without all the extras right? Additionally they should at least put this kind of box on all 1:200s

Waffle's pre-order seems to be the regular price, sounds like a good deal to me
yes based on multiple retailers, their pricing for the ultimate collection is actually quite reasonable, as most of us would expect a higher RRP.
the pre-order price i've seen on CN website is between 300-360 CNY (42.47-50.96USD) only, (without shipping). that's the same as normal release.
so, credit where credit is due. well done NG.

I do hate how there’s now a more I guess “premium” experience we have to pay for, cause I don’t think they sell those “ultimate collection” models without all the extras right? Additionally they should at least put this kind of box on all 1:200s
For now there doesn't seem to be a premium, but I'd be surprised if that's still the case a few months down the line.

As long as we don't have to pay extra I'm fine with this. I don't care about the box as it looks the same from the outside, but a metal stand would be nice, much better than the cheap JC/Wittywings ones.

As long as we don't have to pay extra I'm fine with this. I don't care about the box as it looks the same from the outside, but a metal stand would be nice, much better than the cheap JC/Wittywings ones.
You will pay an extra fee:

Since this type of high-end installation will increase a lot of production costs from design to production, the price will also be slightly higher than the ordinary version

To be honest I don’t really need that ultimate version. NG should invest some extras dimes on the quality, instead of packaging.

I tend to agree with Phantom. Once the model has arrived who looks at the box again? It's nice to have an attractive box but it certainly doesn't need extra packaging and anything that increases the size of the box itself is a pain when it comes to storage. Then there's the price increase. This is just like the gimmicks with JC releases recently. I don't need a sticker or skintag I am buying the model first and foremost.

I tend to agree with Phantom. Once the model has arrived who looks at the box again? It's nice to have an attractive box but it certainly doesn't need extra packaging and anything that increases the size of the box itself is a pain when it comes to storage. Then there's the price increase. This is just like the gimmicks with JC releases recently. I don't need a sticker or skintag I am buying the model first and foremost.

I'd understand a focus on packaging if the majority of sales would go through "walk-in" stores where you actually see and handle these boxes and where sales surely depend on the packaging as well - particularly for the occasional customer. But isn't NG's business mostly online today?

I'd be more than happy if they'd safely pack these models in blank recycling cardboard boxes and spend all the freed up resources on what's in these boxes - or keep the prices down.

I hope that, in all this, they don't repeat silly stuff like the plastic cradle fiasco as with the Tristars.
Also, NG hopefully keeps in mind that, what judicious collectors love most about them, or at least until very recently could blindly trust in, is their impeccable QC and Research.
Recently there have been many slips, too many by NG's high standards that they've set for themselves, and the kind of standards by which one ascertains the advancements made in 1:400 scale. Those high standards set by NG means that I consciously avoid models by other brands, where an NG option is available.
I recently surprised myself by choosing to skip certain NGs, because they weren't upto NG's own high standards. I hope these incidents become rarer in the future.

I hope that, in all this, they don't repeat silly stuff like the plastic cradle fiasco as with the Tristars.
Also, NG hopefully keeps in mind that, what judicious collectors love most about them, or at least until very recently could blindly trust in, is their impeccable QC and Research.
Recently there have been many slips, too many by NG's high standards that they've set for themselves, and the kind of standards by which one ascertains the advancements made in 1:400 scale. Those high standards set by NG means that I consciously avoid models by other brands, where an NG option is available.
I recently surprised myself by choosing to skip certain NGs, because they weren't upto NG's own high standards. I hope these incidents become rarer in the future.
Always on the fence about Southwest pre-orders now, seeing how they've royally screwed up the color not once but several times already.

While the concept is nice, I don’t see much of a reason for this as I don’t mind the box design that much. Once I have the model in hand, the box goes on my shelf and isn’t displayed as prominently as the model is.