NG: Official United* Models

..... Ask me for my corporate color/logo/title reference brand and the answer is GJ because they apparently get something in return for their dollars.
Are all of GJs models 'licensed'? Curious to know.
Because, just for example, the recent Condor ones all have the wrong colour, besides the fact that the bands aren't even parallel!

(sample pic from my buddy - IG: woohoomymodels)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-30-12-13-02-467_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-12-30-12-13-02-467_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 16
Because, just for example, the recent Condor ones all have the wrong colour, besides the fact that the bands aren't even parallel!

I don't know. I think it all depends on the individual company's policy. The "big" players might be the exception here with their dedicated brand/design hubs. Maybe others don't ask or hand out anything? And of course it is a different question again what the Chinese factory makes out of all the information.

No, KE threw a hissy fit over a GJ model not so long ago. GJ's stopped making KEs since, and the largest retailer here stopped selling all KE stuff irrespective of brand.

Cannot agree on this.
Take a closer look and you should see which make is licensed and which is not. Or I better say: which maker makes use of the benefits of licensing. That is getting access to corporate colors, templates, guidelines..
Compare GJ vs. NG artwork for example. NG's titles and fonts often are off to some extend while GJ nails these on the same subjects.
Compare United (Saul Bass) titles between GJ and NG. NG's are a mile off compared to GJ. Same for Lufthansa.
Seriousely, NG performes almost as bad as AC in this regard.
Ask me for my corporate color/logo/title reference brand and the answer is GJ because they apparently get something in return for their dollars.
Though I understand that barely anyone cares for these little details or even recognices them. The difference is there pro GJ or Herpa, but I wonder if the money spent on licenses isn't missing in other fields like mould engineering.

I'm curious to see how NG do their version of D-ABYT. GJ very nicely did theirs and I "blame" this on info they received from LH as you hardly see it in pictures. I have the feeling NG will screw the titles as well as light grey vs. silver mica.
GJ is indeed in the lead in terms of the accuracy for small graphical details like the titles and fonts, NG has a long way to go for this department. Though I wouldn't say the benefits of licensing aren't necessarily guaranteed. GJ for a while suffered with compressed Delta titles, the same issue NG is currently having as we speak, and I believe many of you are familiar with the variations in the livery colors of AA. And while they do not have licensing for all the airlines they release, both of the above are airlines that GJ has a license from. I'm curious to know how NG would leverage licensing if they ever get to one.

... I mean, why would they license for an unknown local airline, right? ...

You said it...

I'd have to think NG wants to dominate the CUA models market and is seeking to obstruct competition from the other local players. Given that it is a Chinese model manufacturer working with a Chinese airline, and it is all happening in China, things might actually work in the same way they do for GJ in the U.S. i.e. They will get an exclusive license and the competition will be forced to find ways around it :ROFLMAO: