NG Models November 2023 Release Hints

58181 Shanghai Airlines 737-800 B-2168
58182 Shanghai Airlines 737-800 B-5132("Ji An" sticker)
07033 Qantas 747SP VH-EAB(with "The Australian Airline" title; named "City of Traralgon")
53202 AeroGal Aerolíneas Galápagos 757-200/w HC-CIY
53203 AeroGal Aerolíneas Galápagos 757-200 HC-CHC
73035 Turkish Airlines 777-300ER TC-JJA(o/c)
73036 Turkish Airlines 777-300ER TC-JJC(o/c)
59019 ZIPAIR Tokyo 787-8 Dreamliner JA824J(old colors( with "Z" on the tail))
59020 ZIPAIR Tokyo 787-8 Dreamliner JA825J(old colors( with "Z" on the tail))
59021 ZIPAIR Tokyo 787-8 Dreamliner JA825J(mid-revised colors)
59025 Love Live 787-8 Dreamliner JA01LL(fantasy livery)
55111 Norse Atlantic Airways 787-9 Dreamliner G-CKOF
55117 Etihad Airways 787-9 Dreamliner A6-BLO(Mission: Impossible cs)
15017 Alaska Airlines A320-200 N642VA
15018 Alaska Airlines A320-200 N854VA(fly with pride cs)
15020 Avianca A320-200/w N724AV(Pride cs)
15028 Avianca A320-200/w N745AV
15043 Delta Air Lines A320-200 N320US
15047 Air Canada Jetz A320-200 C-FNVV(new livery)
13050 Alaska Airlines A321neo N921VA
13075 Loong Air A321neo B-329R(19th Asian Games - Hangzhou 2022 cs)
13076 Loong Air A321neo B-329Q(19th Asian Games - Hangzhou 2022 cs)
13102 United Airlines A321neo N44501
60009 Airbus Transport International A330-743L Beluga XL F-WBXL(prototype colors)
60008 Airbus Transport International A330-743L Beluga XL F-WBXL
62060 Sichuan Airlines A330-300 B-5945(Chengdu FISU World University Games c/s)
49025 Sichuan Airlines A319 B-6447(Chengdu FISU World University Games c/s)
39030 Sichuan Airlines A350-900 B-304U(Chengdu FISU World University Games c/s)
39052 Sichuan Airlines A350-900 B-304V(Chengdu FISU World University Games c/s)
That's a complete bust.

Is this a fantasy at all? I mean, it's a replic of something that exists - even if it's just bits and bytes.🫣😁

Seriousely, given the production capacities NG seems to have, I think it's an interesting and dooable idea to offer one fantasy/special model per release set. If there are enough takers, why not?
This is a fantasy model based on the popular anime/manga series "Nijigasaki School Idol Project!" Or commonly "Love Live!" (I used to watch them back in my weeb days) The plane in particular serves as a background prop in their official music video and video games:

I really don't think there's anything wrong with fantasy liveries too, especially from shows or movies. Seriously, one fantasy model out of a set of 20-30 models. I am thinking of getting Love Live! B787 since it does fit my criteria of collecting JP airlines, especially those in special liveries. Zipair may be the only exception I won't collect because it feels bland, and their livery is very uninspiring. Similar to JAL's current livery.

Who is buying these mediocre repeats? Seriously, who?
This is, unfortunately, quite common from NG the past couple of years. They would release one type of airline to test out the waters. And for the next few months, they would announce several more re-releases (some with stickers/special liveries). Now there's nothing wrong with releasing the same airline every once in a while. But it becomes very repetitive when you release several more almost all at once, especially when there's some competition.

Again, a classic case of best moulds out there, worst releases. There's no follow through with the hype...it's all repetition. Where's the new 1:200 moulds? 3 ZIP 787s (seriously wtf), instead they could have at least done a blast from the past with a popular re-release. 3 more Alaska Airbuses? These might as well fall under the classics category as they're all retired planes now.

NG needs to take notes from Phoenix. Hell, even Gemini at this point has better releases.
Saying Gemini has better releases is a bit of a stretch to be honest, I get the repetitiveness is rather annoying, and trust me I get that, NG has the best models in the industry but frankly these are releases I would NEVER see Gemini do. Let’s hope next year is much better with their “Year Of Classics”.

This is a fantasy model based on the popular anime/manga series "Nijigasaki School Idol Project!" Or commonly "Love Live!" (I used to watch them back in my weeb days) The plane in particular serves as a background prop in their official music video and video games:

I really don't think there's anything wrong with fantasy liveries too, especially from shows or movies. Seriously, one fantasy model out of a set of 20-30 models. I am thinking of getting Love Live! B787 since it does fit my criteria of collecting JP airlines, especially those in special liveries. Zipair may be the only exception I won't collect because it feels bland, and their livery is very uninspiring. Similar to JAL's current livery.

This is, unfortunately, quite common from NG the past couple of years. They would release one type of airline to test out the waters. And for the next few months, they would announce several more re-releases (some with stickers/special liveries). Now there's nothing wrong with releasing the same airline every once in a while. But it becomes very repetitive when you release several more almost all at once, especially when there's some competition.
I completely agree, the amount of hate towards fantasy models is ridiculous. Let NG have fun here and there, it never hurt anyone and it’s just 1 out of the many releases.

Fair enough, but still... Why two of them?
God if I know, seems to be that the production batch is split in half between the 2 regos(If the run is 500 for Turkish 777's, then 250 are one rego, 250 are the other rego?). Nothing else seems different on them and it's a good way to have diversity within the releases I guess.

I welcome the United A321Neo, but come on NG, still waiting for the A319 and A320 in the N/C. No Southwest this round, that means I catch up with some other Southwest releases.

Attachments

• 13102.jpg
    13102.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Well this was an okay release. The US Airbuses for me definitely help as I’ll probably get the DL A320 and the United 321neo (hoping for no delays on this one). The fantasy plane is just… no. Not a fan of it, I’m sorry. That was quite the poor choice on their behalf. Sure there might be some takers but the majority don’t want these fantasy planes. If they’re gonna keep doing these fantasies I suggest they do it under another brand. Plus there are other planes that NG could be working on instead.

Well this was an okay release. The US Airbuses for me definitely help as I’ll probably get the DL A320 and the United 321neo (hoping for no delays on this one). The fantasy plane is just… no. Not a fan of it, I’m sorry. That was quite the poor choice on their behalf. Sure there might be some takers but the majority don’t want these fantasy planes. If they’re gonna keep doing these fantasies I suggest they do it under another brand. Plus there are other planes that NG could be working on instead.
I wouldn't say a poor choice, there's a good market for that particular aircraft. Remember NG also caters to mainland folks as well. I think NG should keep having some fun here and there, I mean didn't you guys cheer the BOAC 748 on?? Why is it now such a disappointment?

I wouldn't say a poor choice, there's a good market for that particular aircraft. Remember NG also caters to mainland folks as well. I think NG should keep having some fun here and there, I mean didn't you guys cheer the BOAC 748 on?? Why is it now such a disappointment?
I don’t think anyone cared about the BOAC, maybe some did but if so it was a minority. I think in that case it was because it was a new mould and fantasies are a good way to test the waters for a new mould and catch issues on those so that subsequent releases have the problem solved.

The problem I and other collectors have with the fantasy planes now, on these established moulds, is that there’s tons of other subjects that can be done, yet NG decides to go ahead and release fantasies first. I don’t think it would be as big of an issue if NG had done those popular subjects before, but since that hasn’t been the case, I think it’s justified that there’s some criticism directed towards NG for the fantasies. Not an overwhelming amount, just a fair amount.

I don’t think anyone cared about the BOAC, maybe some did but if so it was a minority. The problem I and other collectors have with the fantasy planes is that there’s tons of other subjects that can be done, yet NG decides to go ahead and release fantasies first. I don’t think it would be as big of an issue if NG had done those popular subjects before, but since that hasn’t been the case, I think it’s justified that there’s some criticism directed towards NG for the fantasies. Not an overwhelming amount, just a fair amount.
Don't get me wrong I completely agree, I just feel as NG never gets applauded for doing things other manufacturers haven't done in ages if not at all. I don't think it should be under another brand (maybe just the members of ngmodels.com and make it a limited run) but yeah there definitely is some that should be focused on. I think there could be some lack of understanding with people voicing to NG as the language barrier? It seems they dont have a translator as they mostly speak in a "broken english".

I think there could be some lack of understanding with people voicing to NG as the language barrier? It seems they dont have a translator as they mostly speak in a "broken english".
Others I’ve talked to think that NG is “out of touch” with collectors which I could agree with. NG needs to hire someone who speaks native English for their social media posts, possibly someone within this community.

Others I’ve talked to think that NG is “out of touch” with collectors which I could agree with. NG needs to hire someone who speaks native English for their social media posts, possibly someone within this community.
Agreed. Glad we can find some more common ground, and apologies if my "knowledge" is bare if you will. Still learning a bit since my absence. 😅

Is this a fantasy at all? I mean, it's a replic of something that exists - even if it's just bits and bytes.🫣😁

Seriousely, given the production capacities NG seems to have, I think it's an interesting and dooable idea to offer one fantasy/special model per release set. If there are enough takers, why not?

totally agree, I don't think it's an issue at all with fantasies. Very surprised tbh that so many ppl here complain about this one, since it's quite popular in China and fits into modern Eastern culture. Wiil pick it up for the livery not topic though.

True problem is all these dull repetitions which is funny at this point :ROFLMAO:

But I also suspect there is a market for such, although likely not from this forum -- if none of the previous sells, why would they repeat? There must be a motivation for them to repeat and the worst news is that the strategy might have proven to be working.

Last edited:
Again, a classic case of best moulds out there, worst releases. There's no follow through with the hype...it's all repetition. Where's the new 1:200 moulds? 3 ZIP 787s (seriously wtf), instead they could have at least done a blast from the past with a popular re-release. 3 more Alaska Airbuses? These might as well fall under the classics category as they're all retired planes now.

NG needs to take notes from Phoenix. Hell, even Gemini at this point has better releases.
The Alaska need to be on the Max 9?

So happy to FINALLY get a Delta A320. It's great to see Delta getting some love from NG again, and it's ironic that N320US is the registration for the A320. The United A321neo and Avianca standard A320 are both great as well. But as for the rest....there's some.....baffling choices, as others mentioned. Honestly though, I don't think the Love Live! 787 is a bad choice; just a strange one. I think it would've been better received if we didn't get three more ZipAir 787s. A standard ANA 787-8 (maybe with the '787' titles or JA801A?), standard ANA 787-9, and ZipAir old colors 787-8 would've been way better here.

1698781171294.png
God if I know, seems to be that the production batch is split in half between the 2 regos(If the run is 500 for Turkish 777's, then 250 are one rego, 250 are the other rego?). Nothing else seems different on them and it's a good way to have diversity within the releases I guess.
I honestly don't mind this approach at all (if that's actually what they're doing). I can see it being nice for variety at model airports. Just wish that more interesting aircraft were done under this approach.
I welcome the United A321Neo, but come on NG, still waiting for the A319 and A320 in the N/C. No Southwest this round, that means I catch up with some other Southwest releases.
Those A319s and A320s are desperately needed. I think they'd be nice choices for a split registration run since they're both in high demand.

Last edited:
the love live 787 is actually nothing new from NG as far as I recall, here's the release of its 787-9 version on Baidu Tieba

Courtesy pictures

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 10.50.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-31 at 10.50.51 AM.png

As soon as I saw this, I was think about that one clips from the anime series that I saw on YT.

You know, that “Nico Nico Ni” clip?

Attachments

• IMG_5729.gif
    IMG_5729.gif
    999.2 KB · Views: 29