NG Models November 2023 Release Hints

I honestly don't mind this approach at all (if that's actually what they're doing). I can see it being nice for variety at model airports. Just wish that more interesting aircraft were done under this approach.
I think it's only really done for aircraft that aren't that interesting or ones that NG fears might not sell as well. By having what's essentially a 2 for 1 deal for a model on a production run, it allows for whomever requested that "uninteresting" aircraft to be able to buy two of the same aircraft or it allows produce small variations that show different timeframes(Ex NG FlyDubai 738 pair and the Air France A320 pair, only différence was in the winglets). AeroClassics seems to have a strategy similar to this by producing minor variations of aircraft or releasing different registrations of a same aircraft(Ex PIA Pax and Cargo 707's from early last year, or the elusive PIA DC-10's from 2020)

In the case of something more interesting like a Delta A320 or some other mainline American narrowbody, those will sell no matter what, so I don't think there's much of an incentive for a model manufacturer to create a variant of an aircraft that will sell, as it still makes the production process a little longer.

I think that this and and previous months’ repetitive models may indicate that they are clearing out stocks for upcoming production. It’s a cost-saving measurement for NG and other brands to have multiple release per livery. Since this month I can save much money on new release, this savings can be kept for later models and the old releases which I haven’t got the opportunity to get.

A very ho hum release set, we may order some of the US titles, the pride Alaska has been done a couple times already, and we still have inventory from other manufacturer. The Delta and United we will order and the Air Canada but unless folks request others in the release , it won’t be a big order from us. Manufacturers need to look at others who have already released the same aircraft and really think, do we need another one? Other brands, for us, are outselling NG right now, if that indicates how bored folks might be with recent releases.

I think that this and and previous months’ repetitive models may indicate that they are clearing out stocks for upcoming production. It’s a cost-saving measurement for NG and other brands to have multiple release per livery. Since this month I can save much money on new release, this savings can be kept for later models and the old releases which I haven’t got the opportunity to get.
That's actually a good theory. And hopefully that means next year will not be disappointing. Personally I think a 50/50 split of classics and modern aircraft per release next year will be acceptable, but anything more would probably be too much. 15-20 quality classic models a month will not be kind to our wallets!

That's actually a good theory. And hopefully that means next year will not be disappointing. Personally I think a 50/50 split of classics and modern aircraft per release next year will be acceptable, but anything more would probably be too much. 15-20 quality classic models a month will not be kind to our wallets!
20 releases would be too much unless NG spreads the releases around the globe and uses some of those slots for obscure charter airlines or hybrids. But I feel like some of that has been their current strategy.

20 releases would be too much unless NG spreads the releases around the globe and uses some of those slots for obscure charter airlines or hybrids. But I feel like some of that has been their current strategy.
If NG doesn't spread the models around the world, 2024 will be VERY underwhelming for the majority of collectors. And if they truly release models from everywhere in the world, 20 a month will not be anywhere near enough!

If NG doesn't spread the models around the world, 2024 will be VERY underwhelming for the majority of collectors. And if they truly release models from everywhere in the world, 20 a month will not be anywhere near enough!
The majority of their stuff will always be from the US, and APAC releases will be dominated by mainland China. I don't see that changing with classics.

Your're probably going to be correct with that 1st statement. I bet ya NG will do exactly that for 3/4 of the year before realizing they forgot the other half of the globe. NG better owe me 5 CAAC MD80's and a new 727 mould if I'm right! Or maybe they can owe us another year of classics if 2024 turns into a year of the disappointments. But being optimistic I don't think NG will fail us.

I mean, there are 6 that I want. But for those disappointed, how many would you want to buy that fit your criteria in a given release?
there are 6 i want too - Av Pride, DL A320, HCx2, VH 747sp, AC Jetz black - as such for me, this set is the usual NG - broadly 50-50 - good/bad / exciting/non-exciting - but again - this forum is an echo chamber mostly - we are unaware of a majority of other markets and a majority of global collectors aren't on these forums - so yes - we won't know the bigger picture. But yes we can agree that NG isn't using their entre mould catalogue wisely - the clearing out of blanks could be a plausible explanation - on airline/aircraft combos that haven't been made for a white (Turkish for instance) - so it maybe unexciting for a few - but really really desired by others - so yeah

Last edited:
Your're probably going to be correct with that 1st statement. I bet ya NG will do exactly that for 3/4 of the year before realizing they forgot the other half of the globe. NG better owe me 5 CAAC MD80's and a new 727 mould if I'm right! Or maybe they can owe us another year of classics if 2024 turns into a year of the disappointments. But being optimistic I don't think NG will fail us.
Oh yeah, I can get behind a new 727 mold. Both a -100 and -200. And the DC-9 family.

... NG is “out of touch” with collectors ...

All brands are out of touch with collectors to some extent. Even Phoenix, who definitely is listening in terms of release subjects (👏), still refuses to fix some of their molds. NG is doing good in terms of working on the molds we want, but as far as using said molds to release the subjects we want they are definitely looking the other way. Aeroclassics and GJ releases are also largely dictated by whatever their bosses feel like releasing. But I agree, this month NG is leading the pack in terms of boring subjects.

Anyone know when these 3 appeared from? I noticed them on Bedfordshire Diecast (UK) and thought what are those. I may have just missed them though…

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 20
Anyone know when these 3 appeared from? I noticed them on Bedfordshire Diecast (UK) and thought what are those. I may have just missed them though…
Yesterday. 4 actually -

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-17-20-07-21-382_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-11-17-20-07-21-382_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 25