NG Models August release hints

Regarding the 747s, I don't care if there's a delay, as long as the more glaring issues are fixed. What's bothersome is the uncertainty as to whether they'll be at all.

Just be patient. It's still summer and they didn't say the first releases would be out then. I only asked them to tell people they were definitely doing the classics because people were constantly asking. Then they say they are and now it is 'when, when when'. I can see it now they'll send me the samples you'll all go over them with a fine tooth comb and rip them apart when they'll still be superior to all the competition out there. Just like with the 747-8s. They may not be perfect but they are better than the rest and yet there is a craving for perfection. That's fine but that leads to delays I guess and it isn't like NG haven't got plenty on. No other 400 scale has been as responsive but it is never enough it seems.

Would people prefer NG acted like Gemini? Don't say anything about new mould until the announcement of it the month before. Share no photos and just drop it in the market, often to a poor finish.

If any of you are going to the AMS show I will be there and so may some new samples!
Idc if the mould is 1:1 with the real thing all i want is that the mould will be something like the AV400 mould or BB400 mould.

Regarding the 747s, I don't care if there's a delay, as long as the more glaring issues are fixed. What's bothersome is the uncertainty as to whether they'll be at all.

There is no uncertainty. I don't know where you get this from. NG have never not delivered a model. They've announced two as future releases. Of course they'll be built.

They might never make a Korean though just to annoy you ;)

There is no uncertainty. I don't know where you get this from. NG have never not delivered a model. They've announced two as future releases. Of course they'll be built.

They might never make a Korean though just to annoy you ;)
I meant the uncertainty over whether improvements will be made to the mould at all. The underside flaps, cockpit windows, and fan blades are absolute musts.

And yes, that's a very real possibility 🤣 But I'd like to think it'll come eventually...

Here are my thoughts on this month's NGs. I share a lot of the concerns expressed here but I do think you guys are a bit spoilt too and that some of the arguments conflict with each other and don't make full sense. Maybe I just collect too many models but even in a set with way too little on the classic front and several US and EU releases way outside my interest there are still plenty of models for me. I'd prefer them to be EA L-1011s but I'm grateful that someone is producing this many models of such quality too.

Also in terms of delays Waffle already has one of the announced Pan Am L-1011s in stock

Nice to get a mention! 😂😂

Overall, I am quite happy with this set as I'll definitely be picking up the Aegean a320s and I am a big fan of the new livery, itll be nice if NG do the old livery soon 😉. I would have preferred the Lufthansa to of been in the older grey scheme as that is better imo but I appreciate NGs thought on them.

As for the southwest pink livery, i do disagree and think it's quite a nice looking concept and entirely believable for a real livery so I'm fine with it. Ultimately, it's NGs way of having a bit of fun with the hobby and why shouldn't they?

I 100% agree with your point about flooding the market And the hypocrisy that surrounds it. I really don’t get how some collectors will complain about release sizes and then complain about not getting models they want, wheres the logic in that? The common counterpoint that’s made is that it delays the releases. To that I say that at most models are delayed 2 months at most which is not that bad and I think a lot of people are too impatient.

Ultimately, not every release is going to be everyone's cup of tea. I am always patient when it comes to them and will take the wins where I can. ive been waiting years for Easyjet a320s and a319s so I’m happy to wait a bit longer 😀.

Nice to get a mention! 😂😂

Overall, I am quite happy with this set as I'll definitely be picking up the Aegean a320s and I am a big fan of the new livery, itll be nice if NG do the old livery soon 😉. I would have preferred the Lufthansa to of been in the older grey scheme as that is better imo but I appreciate NGs thought on them.

As for the southwest pink livery, i do disagree and think it's quite a nice looking concept and entirely believable for a real livery so I'm fine with it. Ultimately, it's NGs way of having a bit of fun with the hobby and why shouldn't they?

I 100% agree with your point about flooding the market And the hypocrisy that surrounds it. I really don’t get how some collectors will complain about release sizes and then complain about not getting models they want, wheres the logic in that? The common counterpoint that’s made is that it delays the releases. To that I say that at most models are delayed 2 months at most which is not that bad and I think a lot of people are too impatient.

Ultimately, not every release is going to be everyone's cup of tea. I am always patient when it comes to them and will take the wins where I can. ive been waiting years for Easyjet a320s and a319s so I’m happy to wait a bit longer 😀.
If NG will ever make a EasyJet A320 neo I will be sure to buy it, I have flew a few times with them