NG Models 747 Classics

All my hopes to NG that they don't pick the KE as the inaugural release. Take as much time as you can, please fix the wings first...
Absolutely agreed, after JC's botched 200 and 400 NG's KE needs to be perfect. I do wonder what's going on behind the scenes, NG confirmed they're working on updates but hasn't posted anything yet.

They are usually pretty quick and attentive when it comes to fanblade directions (almost makes me wonder why they always mess them up in the first place) but at the same time windowline is often their weakest point. Wings I'm not sure but one can only hope.

They are usually pretty quick and attentive when it comes to fanblade directions (almost makes me wonder why they always mess them up in the first place) but at the same time windowline is often their weakest point. Wings I'm not sure but one can only hope.
I'll shoot them an email tonight. May hints are just around the corner so unless there's a delay, everything should be more or less wrapped up by now...

That would be great, thanks. One alternative choice for them is not including the 747s for the May hints but that does seem fairly unlikely I have to say.

In this situation I am of the option that NG Models is trying to do two things, confirm that they will in fact make a 747 Classic, which I am pretty sure we will see this year. This also looks like NG taking a page out of Gemini's book and trying to stave off the completion by promising their version to be coming at some point in the future.

In this situation I am of the option that NG Models is trying to do two things, confirm that they will in fact make a 747 Classic, which I am pretty sure we will see this year. This also looks like NG taking a page out of Gemini's book and trying to stave off the completion by promising their version to be coming at some point in the future.
I think the latter is opposite; it’s made the competition do their own releases ahead of NG’s planned release. BigBird has already done a few, wouldn’t be surprised if JC/GJ do a few on their own as well.

I think the latter is opposite; it’s made the competition do their own releases ahead of NG’s planned release. BigBird has already done a few, wouldn’t be surprised if JC/GJ do a few on their own as well.
Yeah, I could see that. It certainly seems if Phoenix hadn't been dropping all those 747 Classic and NG didn't receive all the pressure to say something they wouldn't have said anything until they were ready to release there mould.

Is it just me, or does the Corsair SP from the recent February release set have some slight modifications?

It seems like NG has tweaked the 747SP's forehead, cockpit windows and nose shape. The new Corsair's got longer cockpit windows and nose, plus a smoother forehead. Dunno if it's just the angle...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428_013912_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428_013912_Instagram.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230428_013609_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428_013609_Instagram.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Is it just me, or does the Corsair SP from the recent February release set have some slight modifications?

It seems like NG has tweaked the 747SP's forehead, cockpit windows and nose shape. The new Corsair's got longer cockpit windows and nose, plus a smoother forehead. Dunno if it's just the angle...
Here's a comparison, from left to right: old NG, real thing, new NG. The cockpit windows and forehead were criticisms for the -8, so it gives me hope for that and the Classics.

Attachments

• NG 747SP nose comp..jpg
    NG 747SP nose comp..jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: