NG Models 747 Classics

They should improve the -8 as much as they can first, so that the same issues don't carry over to the Classics. Can't wait for the inevitable Pan Am, CX, SQ and KE!

If you ask me, the entire BigBird Aeroclassics repertoire needs to be redone for those of us that came to the hobby just a bit after that initial wave. Not only are they in short supply, but they are also downright old!

There has been a historical shortage of BA Landors, even from that initial wave, and livery issues were rampant with them. I think BA Landor is a priority.

If you ask me, the entire BigBird Aeroclassics repertoire needs to be redone for those of us that came to the hobby just a bit after that initial wave. Not only are they in short supply, but they are also downright old!

There has been a historical shortage of BA Landors, even from that initial wave, and livery issues were rampant with them. I think BA Landor is a priority.
Yep, both the Landor and Negus are high on the priority list. City of Everett and Clipper Victor would be excellent first releases, although the latter's a little iffy considering its fate. There's a truckload of iconic liveries to be made, so I really hope NG actually uses the moulds properly, unlike their SP.

I bet AK’s gonna love this. 🙄 Time to get the popcorn out over on DA.C!

This is incredible news. All I want is for NG to release some QF, Air NZ, Cathay, BA and City of Everett. Hopefully the term ‘747 classics’ includes the -300, and if that is the case I will be completely broke.

is it much work for NG to complete the line? The way I see it they only need to work on the wings and the -400 engines!

This is incredible news. All I want is for NG to release some QF, Air NZ, Cathay, BA and City of Everett. Hopefully the term ‘747 classics’ includes the -300, and if that is the case I will be completely broke.
How unoriginal! There are so many 747 Classic moulds already, and it's disrespectful to the older brands that brought so much to this hobby! NG are a bunch of copycats and bottom feeders!

is it much work for NG to complete the line? The way I see it they only need to work on the wings and the -400 engines!
There are actually a ton of variations, check out this thread by @Phantom: https://modelairlinerforum.com/thre...ny-differences-are-there-on-a-747classic.504/

Now sh*t is getting real! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Time to send Phoenix 747s into oblivion for good!

I'm afraid it might be a bit too soon to start pooping the champagne. Richard already said on Facebook that he pushed them to do the announcement, which seemed obvious in light of the whole Phoenix situation. Having said that, it is very reasonable to expect that the next move from NG would be to finally get around to releasing the much-needed and anticipated next generation of 741/2/3/4 molds. I am just not so sure if we will see the final product this year. And then the list of releases needed is long, I'm not sure if they will even know where to start. I think it is going to be a good while before we can finally put $500 BigBirds in the rearview mirror for good... unfortunately.

Hope they don't rush too much on this. NG right now has around 30 planes on backlog plus 30 more for this month's release. They've not been the quickest on fixing the mould issues on the 748 either. Since these are all variants of the same aircraft, it would be much better if they take the time to polish the 748 first before things get out of hand.

Hope they don't rush too much on this. NG right now has around 30 planes on backlog plus 30 more for this month's release. They've not been the quickest on fixing the mould issues on the 748 either. Since these are all variants of the same aircraft, it would be much better if they take the time to polish the 748 first before things get out of hand.
Agreed, and I don't think NG's in a position to just push out the 748s as they are; on every 748 post on NG's socials, most of the comments are requests to fix the errors. Taking a few weeks to rectify the faults would be far more beneficial in the long run than not doing so and dealing with massive backlash afterwards. The most serious issues concern printing, fan blade direction and flaps, all of which NG has a history of fixing on other moulds. No reason they can't do the same now.

Agreed, and I don't think NG's in a position to just push out the 748s as they are; on every 748 post on NG's socials, most of the comments are requests to fix the errors. Taking a few weeks to rectify the faults would be far more beneficial in the long run than not doing so and dealing with massive backlash afterwards. The most serious issues concern printing, fan blade direction and flaps, all of which NG has a history of fixing on other moulds. No reason they can't do the same now.
Honestly, the fan blades and flaps bother me the most. If they fixed those and moved the cockpit printing I would be pretty satisfied with the mould.

Last edited:
Honestly, the fan blades and flaps bother me the most. If they fixed those and moved the cockpit printing I would be pretty satisfied with the mould.
Yep, the forehead's somewhat of a non-issue with the correct cockpit printing. Because the current printing is so stubby and a little too low down, it makes the forehead look comparatively angular. It should be perfect with improved cockpit printing, windowline, fan blades and flaps.

I haven't read any of the reviews of NG's 748 samples, because honestly at this point in time, I could not care less about what goes on with that aircraft type in 1:400 scale. But I have seen the pictures that pop up on social media and yeah, the nose and forehead (which are very important for me on a 747) do look like, well, meh... And that's part of what I have heard also. So yes, I agree with you not in a position to push out their -8, much less the 100/200/300 and 400.