NG Models 747 Classics

I’ve noticed a flurry of BB 747 classics for sale. Lol. The scalpers are In a hurry to offload sealed 747s 😂 don’t fall for it. Patience will pay off.
Kinda surprised word traveled that fast, but then again, most folks with BB400s are likely hardcore collectors who keep track of new developments. And I really hope NG uses their 747s as much as their 777s, so around 3 releases a month.

Kinda surprised word traveled that fast, but then again, most folks with BB400s are likely hardcore collectors who keep track of new developments. And I really hope NG uses their 747s as much as their 777s, so around 3 releases a month.
I have almost 20 brand new sealed
AC/BB400 747. Im kinda 8n a conflict if to sell them because i have some really rare and expensive ones

eBay Sellers will hate when this mould comes out, now they can no longer sell bigbird400's for hundred's of dollars!
As nice as that would be, they will still try. And most likely succeed. There are far too many 747 classics out there than what NG can produce, so most BB400/AC 747 will likely still fetch high prices.

Well lets just hope that the people behind ng, suddenly feel very nostalgic and release 10 747's per release set lol.
I think i have some steps in order to do this
Step 1.Create social media accounts dedicated to feeling nostalgic to the 747
Step 2.Wait
Step 3.NG Is now releasing 35 747's per release set

Well lets just hope that the people behind ng, suddenly feel very nostalgic and release 10 747's per release set lol.
The current release set sizes are already too big for NG, the Cathay Tristar for example has been delayed for months. I'm all for big 747 releases, but they'll have to slash the number of other types to make room. Preferably narrowbodies like the 737, there are way to many of them these days.

The current release set sizes are already too big for NG, the Cathay Tristar for example has been delayed for months. I'm all for big 747 releases, but they'll have to slash the number of 777 and narrowbody releases to make room. Which, to be honest, I would welcome.
Honestly, i think this is something they would initially do, most realistically for the first 3 months of the mould being released, they use it like 5 times per release set. and then the mould would become like the 747sp and l1011, where its only occasionally released every few months or so. maybe a bit more due to the 747 classics being more sellable?

Honestly, i think this is something they would initially do, most realistically for the first 3 months of the mould being released, they use it like 5 times per release set. and then the mould would become like the 747sp and l1011, where its only occasionally released every few months or so. maybe a bit more due to the 747 classics being more sellable?
Highly unlikely imo, there's infinitely more stuff to be made with 747 classics than for the SP and Tristar, both of which were commercial failures. Investing in a whole lineup of new lucrative moulds just to not use them would also be a bad business decision. I think 50-model release sets are more likely than NG underutilizing the new moulds.

Looks like this month's batch will have 30 models included seeing as that is the number of boxes recently revealed. What this tells me is that they do indeed have the capacity to make 30 releases per month, which also means, if they take a breather for just a month or two, they can quickly clear off this mountain of backlogged planes and still be able to return to making 30 a month with no problem...? I don't see why they should not do this.

Looks like this month's batch will have 30 models included seeing as that is the number of boxes recently revealed. What this tells me is that they do indeed have the capacity to make 30 releases per month, which also means, if they take a breather for just a month or two, they can quickly clear off this mountain of backlogged planes and still be able to return to making 30 a month with no problem...? I don't see why they should not do this.
I guess we'll have to see how many they announce for May. Fully expecting to see a Lufty 748 in there as well, hopefully with a refined mould...

Are we considering what this new 747 might retail at ? I'm not expecting it to be cheap or even comparable to current 747 offerings. 10 classics a month might be a bit ambitious, especially if there are several or more that you really like.

I would not be surprised to see the NG 747 retail for $65-75. Then with the usual retail discounts, you might get it for around $55-$60 which is still really pricey.

1/400 to 1/200 is actually 4X increase in size so you would be almost paying $300 in 1/200 equivalent for one.

If the mould and model looks good, I’m all for it but with a tighter budget.

I would not be surprised to see the NG 747 retail for $65-75. Then with the usual retail discounts, you might get it for around $55-$60 which is still really pricey.

1/400 to 1/200 is actually 4X increase in size so you would be almost paying $300 in 1/200 equivalent for one.

If the mould and model looks good, I’m all for it but with a tighter budget.
Make this 8x (2^3) in size;)

Concerning the price, I wouldn't mind paying 75$ for a product if it's worth it. BB400s aren't, but if NG would manage to bring a 747-100 at TriStar standards to market I'd be happy with a 75$ price tag.

I guess we'll have to see how many they announce for May. Fully expecting to see a Lufty 748 in there as well, hopefully with a refined mould...
All my hopes to NG that they don't pick the KE as the inaugural release. Take as much time as you can, please fix the wings first...