NG Models 1:400 September 2023 Hints

Almost all the hints are listed were listed as ā€œfuture releasesā€ about two weeks ago. Kind of a pointless ā€œhintsā€ list.
They should honestly stop listing 'future releases'.

Nothing really interests me from this set, besides the Korean Air 787-10. It's great to finally see a Korean Air widebody from NG! Hopefully this indicates that we'll get a Korean Air A330, 777-300ER, or 787-9 in the near future.

I really hope that the huge gap between samples and announcements has given them time to fix it. I guess we will have to wait and see!
I don't think so. They neither fixed their 747SP nose nor have they posted any updated 748 sample pics on their webpage header and their artwork also still features the wrong shape.
I'm curious to see the final product but am afraid this will be my first and last NG 748.

I don't think so. They neither fixed their 747SP nose nor have they posted any updated 748 sample pics on their webpage header and their artwork also still features the wrong shape.
I'm curious to see the final product but am afraid this will be my first and last NG 748.
Perhaps so. But NG's new MO seems to be updating stuff with no communication(Cathay Tristar, Alaska 737), so it's hard to say.

Perhaps so. But NG's new MO seems to be updating stuff with no communication(Cathay Tristar, Alaska 737), so it's hard to say.
I can only hope.
I think NG is just too big in business today as to really bother about such mould details.
Back in their early days they had to get their 757 and TriStar "spot on" to get a foot into the market and make themselfes a name. Today their stuff will sell no matter how accurate it is.

I can only hope.
I think NG is just too big in business today as to really bother about such mould details.
Back in their early days they had to get their 757 and TriStar "spot on" to get a foot into the market and make themselfes a name. Today their stuff will sell no matter how accurate it is.
NG is in my opinion very close to becoming the new JCwings and not fixing the 748 mould would make it even more clear. Pre-orders taking longer, not fixing known issues, releases becoming less and less interesting (although JC is already better here if you ask me).

NG is in my opinion very close to becoming the new JCwings and not fixing the 748 mould would make it even more clear. Pre-orders taking longer, not fixing known issues, releases becoming less and less interesting (although JC is already better here if you ask me).
if NG is ever becoming JC, it will be not as good as JC since JC has better prices, better configurations (FDs, Interactives). While NG has slightly better molds and printing, which JC doesnt fall too much behind.

I think you guys are being harsh here and creating a double-standard.
  • Even without any fixes to the cockpit region the NG 748 is better than any other on the market.
  • No other brand is being demanded to fix issues on their moulds they way NG is, even though others mould issues are always far more egregious than anything NG has put out.
  • They have produced a massive range of excellent moulds and models over a very short time period
  • They have gone way out of their way to please collectors with answers, requests and the CRP.
  • The pre-orders thing is a non-issue - they are better than AV400 and Panda, the same as Gemini and Phoenix, aside from one or two models, and in no way comparable to JC.
  • All of this they have done and they are still pumping out twice as many releases as everyone else with no real discernable quality drop-off.
I agree the releases have been less interesting to us classics collectors but they have been a lot better than JC has managed in 2023. JC is a brand on mostly auto-pilot at the moment (although they did just send me the An-26 for review).

NG haven't been thrilling me of recent but they are easily the best brand in the scale by pretty much any measure I can think of - moulds, responsiveness, new production, quality, number of releases etc aside from the classic releases. Plus the price thing is simply not something I see. They are the same price or cheaper than anyone else is.

Overall they are still the best, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean they should get lazy with their mould quality. Seeing that the 747-8 artwork still shows the weird forehead is a worrying sign and we just try to push NG to clarify what they are doing with it. The cockpit/nose area is the most discussed part of any 747 mould, so getting that wrong would be a big deal.

Overall they are still the best, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean they should get lazy with their mould quality. Seeing that the 747-8 artwork still shows the weird forehead is a worrying sign and we just try to push NG to clarify what they are doing with it. The cockpit/nose area is the most discussed part of any 747 mould, so getting that wrong would be a big deal.
I agree but it isn't exactly bad at the moment and no other brand (aside from AV400) would even discuss this with collectors. I mean Gemini literally just throw their new moulds into the market regardless of quality and people still buy them. With that in mind it is hardly surprising that NG might not think it is worth honing the last 2% when other brands quite happily sell moulds with comparably massive issues on them and everyone accepts it. I don't know if that is their thought because they haven't told me but modifying the 748 forehead was never likely to happen in my opinion and at no point have they said they would as far as I'm aware.

Even historically the mould updates have always been add-ons such as undercarriage, engines or stabilisers.