Most Needed Moulds

I'm hoping for a mould that AC retired long ago, like one of the British Aircraft (VC-10, Vanguard etc.), DC-9-10, Connies, 707-100 etc.
Some of those AC molds weren't even up to snuff at the time they came out. I think a fresh start on all of those would be appropriate, and it shouldn't matter if a paint scheme was already done on one of those old molds... do it again, and get it right!

I thought I read somewhere that it was actually a Boeing 720 mould, and they used it for both 720s and 707-120s.
Time to right that wrong and make a correct mold! And do a correct 720 as well. No more compromise.

This is as bad as using a 737-200 mold to represent a -100. There is a difference. Not much, but enough to be noticeable.

Sukhoi Superjet
A220 (Gemini’s is a hopeless case)
DC-9/MD-80/90 series. (this is a commitment to a serious number of molds due to the variety of fuselages and wings, but someone like NG can do it. They have done it)
747s 100 thru 400. (same as above)
KC-46/KC-767 (Gemini’s turf, they’ve been doing great with other military types)
KC-10 extender (same as KC-46)
C-141 (same as KC-46)
A300/310 (we’ll see what JC is preparing, hope for the best. Be prepared for the worst)

Last edited:
Sukhoi Superjet
DC-9/MD-80/90 series. (this is a commitment to a aparte number of molds due to the variety of fuselages and wings, but someone like NG can do it. They have done it)
KC-46/KC-767 (Gemini’s turf, they’ve been doing great with other military types)
C-141 (same as KC-46)
A300/310 (we’ll see what JC is preparing, hope for the best. Be prepared for the worst)
What about the DC-10? I don't think anyone so far has accurately depicted the difference in the wings (the -30 has a 3 foot greater wingspan than the -10)... and have the -15 and -40 been done by anyone?

You're right about the DC-9 also... AC did ok with the -30 through the -50 but it might be good for someone else to do them also, in case something happens where AC loses access to the molds or if their QC continues to deteriorate. It would be very nice to have everything from the -10 through the MD-80 done by the same manufacturer, to get the commonality in the nose shape and fuselage cross-section and such nailed down perfectly.

Sukhoi Superjet
DC-9/MD-80/90 series. (this is a commitment to a aparte number of molds due to the variety of fuselages and wings, but someone like NG can do it. They have done it)
C-141 (same as KC-46)
The only A300/310 I would be interested in would be FedEx but if JC has a good mold it would be awfully tempting to build the fleet.

I'd love new molds of the A220, DC-9/MD-80, 747 series as others have suggested. I think new and improved E-170, 175, 190, 195 molds (especially 175) is needed as well. Gemini's E-175s usually have wing-flex that ranges from mediocre to awful.

Sukhoi Superjet
C-141 (same as KC-46)
I genuinely think JC accidentally deleted the A300 CAD files and forgot about it altogether.

Is there any specific reason why so many avoid a model because some parts are plastic instead of metal? I mean, if you don't play with it you wont notice the difference - unless you're looking for real metal polish.