Most Needed Moulds

Late to this thread but here is my (in no particular order) top 5 'to be done' toolings.

1: Concorde. I agree with the original post on this. The Herpa isn't bad but suffered from easily breakable gears and some dodgy printing, see their 'British' on the BA Negus example. I'd also love a pre-production tooling with the alternative nose visor and shorter rear cone.

2: British Aerospace ATP. The successor to the HS-748 and one of the last indigenously produced British airliners. It not only looks like a real plane, the BA livery options alone make it a viable risk.

3: De Havilland Comet. I know Aeroclassics released a lot of Comet 4's but there are plenty other marques to cover, and lest we forget the tragedy of the pioneering Comet 1, the first true jet airliner.

4: Boeing 737-100 and 200. Not much came from the SMAC 100 tooling and the various 200 toolings from one and all, have their weaknesses.

5: De Havilland Dash 8 100 & 200. We've seen the 400 from GJ, so surely the shorter brothers are not impossible either ? And speaking of 'Short Brothers' how about a Shorts -330 ? 😆

Late to this thread but here is my (in no particular order) top 5 'to be done' toolings.

1: Concorde. I agree with the original post on this. The Herpa isn't bad but suffered from easily breakable gears and some dodgy printing, see their 'British' on the BA Negus example. I'd also love a pre-production tooling with the alternative nose visor and shorter rear cone.

2: British Aerospace ATP. The successor to the HS-748 and one of the last indigenously produced British airliners. It not only looks like a real plane, the BA livery options alone make it a viable risk.

3: De Havilland Comet. I know Aeroclassics released a lot of Comet 4's but there are plenty other marques to cover, and lest we forget the tragedy of the pioneering Comet 1, the first true jet airliner.

4: Boeing 737-100 and 200. Not much came from the SMAC 100 tooling and the various 200 toolings from one and all, have their weaknesses.

5: De Havilland Dash 8 100 & 200. We've seen the 400 from GJ, so surely the shorter brothers are not impossible either ? And speaking of 'Short Brothers' how about a Shorts -330 ? 😆
I completely agree, although I would also like to see a De Havilland Dash 8 300.

It's interesting that the thread is called most needed. I would argue that any moulds that are most needed are moulds of planes we have never seen produced in 1:400 scale yet.

Most wanted moulds however, now that's a different story.
In that case I would love to see the 747 series and MD-11 series... So far the obvious bias :)

I would like to see a DC-9-21 mould made. But probably a “Mission Impossible”. Here is the story:
Douglas Aircraft Company’s willingness to meet the demands of its customers made it possible during the 60s for SAS to obtain a tailor-made version for its network in Northern Norway - the DC-9-20, with the body from the DC-9-10 and the wings and engines from the DC-9-30 . The DC-9-40 was also developed at the request of SAS as a DC-9-30 with an extended body.

However, only 10 DC-9-21 were made and only made for SAS.
Some (all?) ended up being sold to ValuJet! So that's another scheme that could be done. And one is still in use as a skydiving plane out of Perris, CA.

I still think the DC-9-10 series is desperately needed... The only moulds are the Aeroclassics with the screw in wing cradle, not good at all ..too out of date. Then the Jet-X mould, which is acceptable but hasn't been used for over 14 years...time for a new and improved one

Ahh, the 747-300. The poor, unloved middle child of the 747 family. Perhaps one day someone will make a decent version of it, but my hopes aren't high. It's a huge shame that the AV400 mould has disappeared, it was very good when compared to other 743 moulds.

I like the BigBird mould of the B747-300. The recent Air India releases were very nice. I wish to see them releasing the Varig B743!

Don’t know if there are any good ones, but a Dash-8. Gemini’s hasn’t been used forever and is always broken. I know JC has a very good one in 1/200, but idk about any in 1/400.

For me it would be the 767-200, those moulds look really dated to me
Especially with the introduction of Gemini's 767-400, the 767 is very well covered in 1:400 scale. Aeroclassics, Phoenix and JC/GJ all have excellent moulds, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. It would be nice to have a new, definitive set of 767s, but I doubt that is very likely.

Ahh, the 747-300. The poor, unloved middle child of the 747 family. Perhaps one day someone will make a decent version of it, but my hopes aren't high. It's a huge shame that the AV400 mould has disappeared, it was very good when compared to other 743 moulds.
The 743 does fall into the "747 Classic" category, so we should be getting one from NG. God knows when we'll actually have some news though..

I like the BigBird mould of the B747-300. The recent Air India releases were very nice. I wish to see them releasing the Varig B743!
I completely forgot about the BB400 mould. It is an excellent mould, albeit beginning to show its age. The newest versions, aided by JC, have been particularly good. The problem with the 743 has been the lack of representation on good moulds. There are plenty of Tucano, Magic, and Phoenix models out there of dubious quality covering some highly sort-after models, but if you want something decent, then you are limited to the BB400 and AV400 moulds, which have limited choice and often high price tags.