Model Review - Air China A330-200 Capital Pavilion by NG Models 'Ultimate Collection'

YesterAirlines

I've been critical of NG's model choices recently but there's little denying the quality of the output even if the subjects aren't always to my liking. I wasn't sure about the 'Ultimate Collection' concept but I have to admit I'm impressed by the results and here I take a closer look at the Capital Pavilion Liner:

CA_A332_B6076_39.JPG

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Pavillion pair and the other Ultimate Collection models. This scheme and that of its sistership have been on my radar since a really really long time, and I'm glad NG stepped in to make these!

On this near-near-perfect model, one missable design glitch I noticed in the printing / livery department, in addition to the centre cockpit windows and the displaced golden stalk / tendril that you mention, is that in the artwork of the flower itself, there's an additional white outline towards the bottom, along with a curious white dot at the right. The petal outlines are also a bit bolder/thicker than they should be perhaps - the thickness on the PH seems closer to accurate, proportionately. Barring these, there's no doubt the colours are nailed perfectly as you mention, and even their print quality and sharpness - in your nose-to-nose comparison photo, the golden band on the PH version noticeably gives way at the cockpit region (overprint or bleed?) - just shows how much things have advanced in the decade since, and for 2014, what was a leading product then and what is one now in 2024