Aeroclassics November 2023

Aviationmegastore will probably list them tomorrow for pre-order in case its sold out everywhere.

I remember that there is a shop in Mainland China still carrying AC latest haul. You might wanna check them out.
Really?! Any idea on their Taobao:eek::eek: I have tried searching Aeroclassics on Taobao but to no avail😖:cry:

Btw I can let go that United 742 now given all the print issues becomes so apparent:cry::cry::cry:

Not to spoil the party but to be very honest I think these are over-hyped. Not only is cockpit printing way off, but quality control seems to be going downhill recently. NG's should be just around the corner, normally I'd take alternatives that are on-par or a little worse (JC/PH New mould 777 vs NG 777) but this 747 mould feels 2000s for sure, not to mention the quality issues.

There's one on auction on eBay and it looks pretty good on the pictures, no issues with the cockpit.
I saw that. I'm hoping my Alitalias are good, it sucks that we have to gamble...

Not to spoil the party but to be very honest I think these are over-hyped. Not only is cockpit printing way off, but quality control seems to be going downhill recently. NG's should be just around the corner, normally I'd take alternatives that are on-par or a little worse (JC/PH New mould 777 vs NG 777) but this 747 mould feels 2000s for sure, not to mention the quality issues.

It is understood that "they" don't make them like they used to. But it is also true that NG is nowhere near "the corner." Not only do they need to basically re-do their 747-200 to make it acceptable, but the fact that they cut so many corners in the first place raises a lot of questions as to where are they headed.

With all that in mind, I personally ordered from this Aeroclassics batch the absolute necessities, the ones that I want so much that I am willing to accept potential quality issues, and the ones that I can't count on NG to "maybe" eventually make (if they do great, I will also buy them, if I'm still alive by then). Had this actually been 2006, I would have happily taken a whole lot more "nice to have" without much thought.

I saw that. I'm hoping my Alitalias are good, it sucks that we have to gamble...

It is understood that "they" don't make them like they used to. But it is also true that NG is nowhere near "the corner." Not only do they need to basically re-do their 747-200 to make it acceptable, but the fact that they cut so many corners in the first place raises a lot of questions as to where are they headed.

With all that in mind, I personally ordered from this Aeroclassics batch the absolute necessities, the ones that I want so much that I am willing to accept potential quality issues, and the ones that I can't count on NG to "maybe" eventually make (if they do great, I will also buy them, if I'm still alive by then). Had this actually been 2006, I would have happily taken a whole lot more "nice to have" without much thought.

I hope you enjoy your model. What I'm saying is it's over-hyped, but all things considered (livery choice, timing, etc) it's still a great release.

In addition, what's wrong with the NG 742 sample, can anyone summarize? As I generally only care about landing gear size, correct cockpit printing and overall shape they look fine to me (I typically do not care at all about pylons, slats shape, wing joints as long as they are not cradle, several mm in length or height, livery correctness, etc) and IMO they should just push it out, more rework /= better product (see 748F rework).

I hope you enjoy your model. What I'm saying is it's over-hyped, but all things considered (livery choice, timing, etc) it's still a great release.

In addition, what's wrong with the NG 742 sample, can anyone summarize? As I generally only care about landing gear size, correct cockpit printing and overall shape they look fine to me (I typically do not care at all about pylons, slats shape, wing joints as long as they are not cradle, several mm in length or height, livery correctness, etc) and IMO they should just push it out, more rework /= better product (see 748F rework).
Wings are too long(basically a 747-400 without winglets) and has the wing root of a 747-400 as well.

In addition, what's wrong with the NG 742 sample, can anyone summarize?

They have no 747-200 sample yet.
What they had on show was a 747-400F with HF-antennas instead of winglets.

To be clear: the only parts that could be used for a 747Classic are tailplanes and gears. Consequently, they need to start from scratch and I wouldn't expect a NG 747-200 anytime soon.

As much as I'd love AZ and UA 742s, the AC's come at the ultra low quality expected. But I'm surprised they even failed on the UA titles and the Alitalia cheatline - they had the correct artwork for both.

Anyone remember this saying:
"Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait." Still true, just the brands are different.

Last edited:
They have no 747-200 sample yet.
What they had on show was a 747-400F with HF-antennas instead of winglets.

To be clear: the only parts that could be used for a 747Classic are tailplanes and gears. Consequently, they need to start from scratch and I wouldn't expect a NG 747-200 anytime soon.

As much as I'd love AZ and UA 742s, the AC's come at the ultra low quality expected. But I'm surprised they even failed on the UA titles and the Alitalia cheatline - they had the correct artwork for both.

"Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait." Still true, just the brands are different.

I see, didn't look too deep into the sample. Yeah they should at least have the basic elements correct before pushing out --- it's their money to lose though as time goes...

Really?! Any idea on their Taobao:eek::eek: I have tried searching Aeroclassics on Taobao but to no avail😖:cry:

Btw I can let go that United 742 now given all the print issues becomes so apparent:cry::cry::cry:
Where? Google doesn't help me much when I'm in Shenzhen.
I remember that Wingsworld based in Shanghai carried some recent release of AC. However they last got them in August and no more since then. Apparently AC is now carried by MyHobbyHouse for Asian market (with exception for some that made it out of AC factory).

I think there aren't 1:400 model shops in Shenzhen @Jazajia though one or two brands has/have the factory lying in the area per my online-buying experience - the online shops that I got models from are mostly located in Guangzhou/Guangdong and some in Beijing.

Yes. I'd state that I'm with you on that.
PH and AC are cashing in on instant gratification over the past few months ever since there's evidence of disruption on the horizon.
Clear evidence of hastily flooding the market with inferior products - whether printing, mould, or sheer artwork research.
Does this mean they really care about the collector? I won't be too sure of that always.
If AC really cared about the collector, these 747s would have been released years ago. Clearly they cost more to produce - and the inferior products are evidence of what's going on.
Similarly with PH - let's not forget that 'magically' their okay-okay (for 2023) Tu-154 & good A340 moulds reappear for frequent use - only because there's a challenger in sight. As does GJ's mediocre MD-80s - and it would be infantile to consider these as sheer coincidences.
Word on these upcoming 'other' moulds has been out since a long time within China - we are that ways removed from the action and unaware of most of what's going on.

Last edited:

On taobao you better hope wingman2021 will have them soon, he is like the main retailer in China for Aeroclassics models

€70 on Aviation Megastore... crazy. I'll wait for NG because these prices are just too much for any new 1/400 model, especially when QC is a 50/50.
As a first, AvMgS doesn't show the actual model photos for 3 of the 747s - they've never done this for AC as far as I can remember - curious