Aeroclassics November 2023

Some really juicy stuff from AC 😮 So here are another run of BB blanks, cannot resist those 747s…will have to order all 4 plus the Syrian Air B.722, don’t have that airline represented yet and I like that classic scheme which fits my era. I was meant to be laying low this month 😅

Agree with you on that mate, just that, too much too late? These BBs could have been out there years ago. Intention over Action, just saying.
I get where you’re coming from there, and more often than not, this is always the case when new competition is on the horizon. It’s both shrewd and tactical timing, from a business perspective it totally makes sense. I reckon this batch will still sell out fast, despite what might be coming.

A very nice set all round and another expensive month for me. I'll probably try and get 3 of the 4 747s and the Middle-Eastern 727s. Maybe the C3 A310 too.

One thing to watch is the size of the black nosecones on the 727s. Doesn't impact the two I'll be getting as much but rather stands out on the NH. Also some more problematic nosecones on the Chinese 737s.

They look great
Sorry but I can't agree on this. You know I'm not a fan of this mould for various reasons.
But a look at the poor quality pics is enough to identify the typical cheap ("cost optimised") production of today's AC.
Back in AC's strong days they had a crisp silver wing leading edge and cared for having the pylons painted silver. Gone are those days...
Hoping for "someone else" to have these on their production schedule regardless of what AC is doing.

Sorry but I can't agree on this. You know I'm not a fan of this mould for various reasons.
But a look at the poor quality pics is enough to identify the typical cheap ("cost optimised") production of today's AC.
Back in AC's strong days they had a crisp silver wing leading edge and cared for having the pylons painted silver. Gone are those days..
Hoping for "someone else" to have these on their production schedule regardless of what AC is doing.
'they look great' was referring to the pictures of the 747s on Squatchy's website 😄 I wish to clarify Hehe - as otherwise I'm with you on what you state and agree with vehemently - so it'll need to be read as -
"yeah they seem to look good when viewed within a context of paucity and demand but they're also like super archaic from a 2023 perspective so yeah I'd rather stay away and won't mind waiting even for a few years if it comes to that for 'someone else 'to make a 2023 justifiable model"
Hehe. 😬😁😅

What I really 'need' from this set is the CZ 732 and ANA 722 - and the grainy pictures on the AC website, coupled with the nicer ones on Squatchy's aren't very encouraging frankly.

I 'want' the Syrian and Yemenia - but the QC looks bad as usual especially on the front - and with no one else doing a 727 (yet) - and while those 747s are wanted - I'd wait for 'the someone else'

Urgh my local retailer rejected my order on the United 742 - they can't get any 747 from this release. Really wanted to get it to complement the JC Saul Bass 744...😭

According to them, the release size for the 747s(Both Alitalia and United) were outrageouly low and they can't get any despite ordering directly from AC:mad: :mad:

As the only remaining retailer here in Hong Kong that picks up stock directly from AC these days, I am still suprise how often they fail to get unit for sought-after releases:confused:😕😕

Great release, some polishing issues again here and there but at least the liveries are nice. Nothing I'm buying though, waiting for other 747 schemes.

Is this West Main?
Nah - West Main have stopped getting stocks directly from AC for some while as I recall. Rumours is that West Main has angered AC and AC decided to stop serving them. So now there's only 1 place where factory-fresh AC are available in Hong Kong as I know...

Jetcollector has good side elevation pictures as always - and now I'm not at all convinced by these 747s and their front ends especially (to begin with) - were they always like this on this mould? I get it @Phantom what you mean - and I took some time now to refresh my memory by looking at the actual aircraft pictures - will need to check @YesterAirlines mould comparison again. I don't own any of these so I am curious.

Attachments

• FYRS747002_2_960x768.jpg
    FYRS747002_2_960x768.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 59
  • BBX41668B_2_960x768.jpg
    BBX41668B_2_960x768.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 60
Jetcollector has good side elevation pictures as always - and now I'm not at all convinced by these 747s and their front ends especially (to begin with) - were they always like this on this mould? I get it @Phantom what you mean - and I took some time now to refresh my memory by looking at the actual aircraft pictures - will need to check @YesterAirlines mould comparison again. I don't own any of these so I am curious.
The cockpit windows are too low.

The cockpitwindow area seems very steep aswell, but maybe it's because the windows are placed too low. Either way, somethings definitely off..

The cockpitwindow area seems very steep aswell, but maybe it's because the windows are placed too low. Either way, somethings definitely off..
That's a mix of several issues I'd say.
Cockpit low, cheatline on nose is a mess (shouldn't taper symetrically).
The biggest issue though - as I already said - are the grey pylons and the messy wing LE detailing.

If there's anyone out there with I-DEMO on order and AC's previous I-DEMA at hand, I'd be curious to see them side by side to showcase how bad today's AC quality is compared to their good times.

Nah - West Main have stopped getting stocks directly from AC for some while as I recall. Rumours is that West Main has angered AC and AC decided to stop serving them. So now there's only 1 place where factory-fresh AC are available in Hong Kong as I know...
I remember that there is a shop in Mainland China still carrying AC latest haul. You might wanna check them out.